Getaway Spa Pass

Pookill17

The Getaway has an incredible thermal suite. It spans the entire front of the ship on the 15th floor with windows looking over the bow. It is a great place to be when pulling into or leaving a port or just when having a day at sea. Here is what is in there:

aromatherapy steam room

rain showers

salt room

sanarium

sauna

water circuit/thalisotherapy pool

hot tub

heated tile loungers that face the bow

padded wooden loungers

hot tea

fruit water

the locker rooms have additional rain showers - some of the largest on the ship and hairdryers as well as lockers and restrooms.

We love the spa on this ship and used it every single day for several hours! We were actually in The Haven Spa Suite, which includes entry to the spa, but I would say, if you like to go in spas, this one is definitely worth the cost of the spa pass. Book online before your cruise for the best price.

When you go in the thalisotherapy pool, look along the edges for buttons, these turn on the various water features on the water circuit in the pool. There are powerful jets for your legs and a waterfall and spray jets for your back and shoulders. The thalisotherapy bench offers overall bubbles while the powerful jets in the corner of the pool offer more a more intense experience.

Is the thermal suite "co-ed"? I thought I remembered on some other NCL ships there were separate facilities for men that those for women. I'd like to enjoy this with my husband vs. being my myself.

We bought thermal suite passes on Gem last fall and it was worth every penny. Separate locker rooms for men and women. Sauna and steam room were separate too. There were fabric loungers, rain showers and individual whirlpool tubs in the locker room areas. The main area with the big therapy pool, the hot tub, the heated tile loungers and more fabric loungers was coed. I assume Getaway is similar.

We are cruising on Breakaway in September but we won't buy spa passes. We booked a spa mini-suite instead. [emoji41]

We bought thermal suite passes on Gem last fall and it was worth every penny. Separate locker rooms for men and women. Sauna and steam room were separate too. There were fabric loungers, rain showers and individual whirlpool tubs in the locker room areas. The main area with the big therapy pool, the hot tub, the heated tile loungers and more fabric loungers was coed. I assume Getaway is similar.

We are cruising on Breakaway in September but we won't buy spa passes. We booked a spa mini-suite instead. [emoji41]

The Getaway has a larger coed area than the Gem, the locker rooms only have separate showers as I recall with everything else, including the saunas and steam room, located out in the coed section. We liked this arrangement on the Breakaway-class ships much better than the more limited coed areas on the Jewel-class ships.

Edited by Kortehgehn

Is the thermal suite "co-ed"? I thought I remembered on some other NCL ships there were separate facilities for men that those for women. I'd like to enjoy this with my husband vs. being my myself.

The main thermal suite with all of the facilities listed above are co-ed. There are small unisex steam and saunas in the men's and women's locker rooms, but most folks use the co-ed facilities.