Live On Board Vision of Seas- She has been sold!

LizC

Rumor on Board is that after China in 2017, VOS will be sold to Pulmentur (sp) sister company of Royal. Loving this crew and cruise having and amazing time docking tomorrow in Tampa. This news saddens me a bit after such a marvelous time.

Go enjoy her while you can. Best food I've had on RCCL, new to Vision head Female Chef, Donna Hoakica she is fantastic!! Without a doubt absolutely the friendliest crew ! Hotel Director so nice and personal, Diamond Lounge Concierge V is a doll! Our room attendant Raj on deck 8 was wonderful . I've done a great number of RCCL cruises this was without a doubt one of the best!

Rumor on Board is that after China in 2017, VOS will be sold to Pulmentur (sp) sister company of Royal. Loving this crew and cruise having and amazing time docking tomorrow in Tampa. This news saddens me a bit after such a marvelous time.

Go enjoy her while you can. Best food I've had on RCCL, new to Vision head Female Chef, Donna Hoakica she is fantastic!! Without a doubt absolutely the friendliest crew ! Hotel Director so nice and personal, Diamond Lounge Concierge V is a doll! Our room attendant Raj on deck 8 was wonderful . I've done a great number of RCCL cruises this was without a doubt one of the best!

Seems strange that RCI have just taken back Empress from Pullmanteur, cancelled the transfer of Majesty and now they are going to transfer Vision :confused::confused: Probably is just a rumor

Seems strange that RCI have just taken back Empress from Pullmanteur, cancelled the transfer of Majesty and now they are going to transfer Vision :confused::confused: Probably is just a rumor

Maybe they are hoping Pullmantur can pull out of its tailspin by then.

Rumor onboard? What exactly does that mean? Whose spreading this rumor? We heard something similar (that Vision was leaving Tampa) and someone asked Capt Marek in Dec but he said they were scheduled to be in Tampa for several more years.

Also, saying "will be sold" doesn't make sense. If it's been sold, then they could say to who, but that's not what "will be sold" means. Companies do not normally project out sales that haven't been finalized yet. But, your subject line says it has been sold, so which is it?

Edited by BND

Unless I am missing something Vision isn't even scheduled to do a China route yet. Also Vision is the newest of the Vision Class (1998)

With 7 ships older in the fleet at that time, I would be very surprised if Vision were the one to be sold.

Just my opinion. ;)

However I do agree with the OP that the Vision crew was great last winter when I was on it!

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Just to clear things up, "sale" is not the proper term if Vision is being moved/transferred to Pullmantur a wholly owned subsidiary of RCCL (the corporation).

Interesting that the ship's crew are releasing this info before corporate makes a formal announcement. As usual - time will tell.

Vision is one of the best ships in Royal. We have always found her crew and officers to be the most welcoming and friendly. We just spent Nov, Dec, and January on her and regretted having to leave. Donna, the executive chef, came aboard the last cruise in January and hit the ground running. She was everywhere testing and tasting the food. We saw much improvement within that first week. Both Suite and Diamond lounge Concierges are great-couldn't ask for better.

Vision is leaving Tampa in the spring for the summer stint in the Mediterranean and then is heading to Dubai so, much to our chagrin, she will not be coming back to Tampa. We will really miss the crew and both captains, Captain Slaby and Captain Lindberg.

Just to clear things up, "sale" is not the proper term if Vision is being moved/transferred to Pullmantur a wholly owned subsidiary of RCCL (the corporation).

Interesting that the ship's crew are releasing this info before corporate makes a formal announcement. As usual - time will tell.

The word sale was used. At Dinner the they stated she will be leaving the fleet.

They never stated "transfered" . Regardless she will no longer be Part of this fleet. Accounting debits and credits to each company will be made, hence a sale with transfer of title.

Everyone made it sound like it was just announced to staff yesterday.

Was it announced at Dinner also?

Last month we heard it from a couple of crew members, not any kind of general announcement from officers.

The word sale was used. At Dinner the they stated she will be leaving the fleet.

They never stated "transfered" . Regardless she will no longer be Part of this fleet. Accounting debits and credits to each company will be made, hence a sale with transfer of title.

Who "officially" announced this?

Not doubting you per say, but I'm not believing it yet. It just doesn't make much sense to me. She's the newest Vision Class ship, and as of now she's not even going to China in 2017. Right now it's still a rumor for me.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I'm wondering how the crew would know anything before it was official. This is the type of thing that upper management at RCI would know long before anyone onboard and it's not likely it would shared with crew/staff before it was announced. It may be true, but it's really odd.

I'm wondering how the crew would know anything before it was official. This is the type of thing that upper management at RCI would know long before anyone onboard and it's not likely it would shared with crew/staff before it was announced. It may be true, but it's really odd.

This is exactly how I feel.

I really really have a hard time believing anything crew members report. A lot of times, they're just as misinformed as we are. lol. Sorry to say.

I was just on Serenade and it was heavily discussed that Sovereign and Monarch would be coming back, given Pullmanteurs financial state, it wouldn't shock me. but again "rumors" :eek:

I really really have a hard time believing anything crew members report. A lot of times, they're just as misinformed as we are. lol. Sorry to say.

I was just on Serenade and it was heavily discussed that Sovereign and Monarch would be coming back, given Pullmanteurs financial state, it wouldn't shock me. but again "rumors" :eek:

But let's send Vision to Pullmantur, that makes sense!

Right now, it's just a rumor.

Rumor onboard? What exactly does that mean? Whose spreading this rumor? We heard something similar (that Vision was leaving Tampa) and someone asked Capt Marek in Dec but he said they were scheduled to be in Tampa for several more years.

Also, saying "will be sold" doesn't make sense. If it's been sold, then they could say to who, but that's not what "will be sold" means. Companies do not normally project out sales that haven't been finalized yet. But, your subject line says it has been sold, so which is it?

I thought Rhapsody was replacing Vision in Tampa

Rumor mongers can use any terms they choose. The proper term is transfer if true since RCCL (the corporation) owns the assets. RCI and Pullmantur are merely brands.

Here is what Wikipedia says about Sovereign going from RCI to Pullmantur:

"In November 2008 Sovereign of the Seas was transferred to the fleet of Pullmantur Cruises after serving for Royal Caribbean International for 20 years, a Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD subsidiary and renamed MS Sovereign."

I think most are considering this a rumor until they hear about it from corporate

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody posted this rumor in December saying that the captain had announced it. I asked Captain Marek who is master of the Vision. This is his reply: "Wow.....what people come up with ?!?!?!?!

I have NEVER announced such a thing as we simply never heard about any plans of Vision leaving the company. What we have is the itineraries planned until April 2017 and we are simply waiting for the ones after that. The world of rumors........ Take care :-)"

Also Vision is not going to China, she is going to be home ported in Dubai starting in the fall of this year.

Edited by Venice Cruising

Somebody posted this rumor in December saying that the captain had announced it. I asked Captain Marek who is master of the Vision. This is his reply: "Wow.....what people come up with ?!?!?!?!

I have NEVER announced such a thing as we simply never heard about any plans of Vision leaving the company. What we have is the itineraries planned until April 2017 and we are simply waiting for the ones after that. The world of rumors........ Take care :-)"

Also Vision is not going to China, she is going to be home ported in Dubai starting in the fall of this year.

Good to hear we are not losing another excellent ship and crew.