Royal Caribbean Luggage Drop Off at OPT

So,

I've booked a cruise on Radiance of the Seas as a surprise for DW's birthday. It's less than 2 weeks until we board and she doesn't have a clue!

My plan is to tell her that I need to take her to Sydney for a birthday surprise. I've started packing her suitcase already :eek: (she has so many clothes she hasn't noticed a few things missing) and we will leave the car with some friends and catch the train into town.

I'd like to keep the surprise until the last possible moment, like until we get to Circular Quay. She tagged me in a TA's ad on FaceBook where you can have lunch on a ship at the OPT, so she mightn't twig that we're actually going on a cruise until the boarding process.

I was thinking about asking my friend to bring our luggage into town after we've headed in on the train. Is there any reason why my friend couldn't drop off our luggage if we are already on board?

As you can see from my signature we're no strangers to sailing on RCI out of Sydney (we have even been checked in by Graham once). In fact, this will be our first cruise since achieving Diamond C&A status :D. But I can't remember if you have to show ID when dropping off your bags. I will make sure I have pre-printed luggage tags affixed and I can print an extra SetSail Pass for my friend.

So,

I've booked a cruise on Radiance of the Seas as a surprise for DW's birthday. It's less than 2 weeks until we board and she doesn't have a clue!

My plan is to tell her that I need to take her to Sydney for a birthday surprise. I've started packing her suitcase already :eek: (she has so many clothes she hasn't noticed a few things missing) and we will leave the car with some friends and catch the train into town.

I'd like to keep the surprise until the last possible moment, like until we get to Circular Quay. She tagged me in a TA's ad on FaceBook where you can have lunch on a ship at the OPT, so she mightn't twig that we're actually going on a cruise until the boarding process.

I was thinking about asking my friend to bring our luggage into town after we've headed in on the train. Is there any reason why my friend couldn't drop off our luggage if we are already on board?

As you can see from my signature we're no strangers to sailing on RCI out of Sydney (we have even been checked in by Graham once). In fact, this will be our first cruise since achieving Diamond C&A status :D. But I can't remember if you have to show ID when dropping off your bags. I will make sure I have pre-printed luggage tags affixed and I can print an extra SetSail Pass for my friend.

I am sure it would be fine, as long as the luggage tags are attached. I have never been asked for ID yet however, they have asked if I have my passport and paperwork, etc. I haven't had to show it but as long as your friends don't say 'We are just dropping it off fro friends' I don't think it will be an issue. Good luck.

I am sure it would be fine, as long as the luggage tags are attached. I have never been asked for ID yet however, they have asked if I have my passport and paperwork, etc. I haven't had to show it but as long as your friends don't say 'We are just dropping it off fro friends' I don't think it will be an issue. Good luck.

Yeah, I was going to tell him to just pretend that he is me!

So,

Hi Sparky

No ID required to drop off luggage. As long as your friend knows your stateroom number ( and name) he can drop it off for you although if you print out luggage tags he will not even need to know that. You will not need to print an extra SetSail Pass ( unless as a precaution) as the baggage guys do not need them. The only reason they ask if you have your passport and SetSail is because SO MANY guests " forget" and leave them in their luggage that they drop off and get to check in without them:eek::eek: