How to use luggage labels ???

bridmo

Hi all

It's a while since my last cruise a I must say I'm having trouble with the luggage labels ? I've printed them but can't work out how to attach them to the cases. I thought about laminating them but it say's they have to go around the handle and can't make out how to do it

Any help would be most appreciated:confused:

You should have printed them out so there is one label on each A4 sheet. Fold the sheet along its length about 4 times so that you have a normal narrow sized luggage label, but with about 5 thicknesses of paper to give it some 'body'. Loop this round your handle and staple it or use Sellotape to stop it coming undone.

Alternatively, you can buy a set of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity-Eight-New/dp/B00X6M2CFA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454796429&sr=8-1&keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holder

and simply slip the cut out 'normal' sized tag inside. We bought a set ages ago and they have done several cruises with no ill effects.

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

They are actually very strong if you just do as instructed and fold in quarters and staple the ends together around the handle....I used to sellotape over the top after folding them but actually they don't need it and were all in place during embarkation and also disembarkation (they need to be left on for disembarkation as well) on our last two cruises.

There is no need to buy anything!! Unless you want to of course :)

The only time we ever lost one what when I laminated them and attached with a cable tie!

Edited by jenny wren

Fully agree with Jenny above. Our printer paper isn't particularly brilliant but once you fold the label as shown its quite strong. I take a few extra just in case but so far not needed them. I did however but a plastic holder for a fly cruise just as a safeguard due to the cases being thrown around more etc. :)

Here's a film that shows you the folds and at 1.30 into the film is where you could staple or tape the two ends together looping it through the case handle first .

Or you could carry on as the guy in the film does and makes them water proof as some posters on here have described to you .

Hope this helps :)

Edited by kalos

Hols4

We use the labels that come in the cruise itinerary brochure about a month before your cruise, we just loop them through the luggage handles and find them strong enough.

You dont get these if you book a saver fare - you have to download from the website and print yourself.

Of course you could always de-select the E-tickets and then they are printed and ready to attach in the back of your cruise brochure you recieve about 6 weeks before the cruise.

5 weeks to go but haven't received this only e-tickets

You may have inadvertently been registered for the 'green' option - I don't think you get the booklet if you did that. Try the sellotape it's just a cheap and effective way of laminating that takes 5 mins and works a treat. Have a good trip [emoji106]🏼

Edited by Florry