Laundry Request for COLD Water only

FSUDAVE

If you use the laundry service and put Cold Water Wash only -- will they wash your clothes only in cold water?

It would be nice for that to happen, but they wash everything in HOT water and I'd doubt they'd do an extra load for you! However, you can go to the laundrette and do a load of clothes there in cold water. I've done this on occasion. :) I also like to hang some of my clothes to dry, rather than put them into a hot dryer.

My husband and I just came home from a 15-day cruise to Hawaii and I was told by our cabin steward that the laundry crew would accommodate my wishes of a 'cold water wash' and a 'low/medium heat dry'. This is what I can tell you: My clothes came back somewhat tighter and shorter but not as much as they have on previous cruises. Also a few of my husband's underwear came back 'pinkish' in color. Many of our clothes were still damp as well. So I have some doubt that they followed my instructions (shrunken clothing) completely but who knows. It's possible that they tried to do as I asked but with thousands of items to wash/dry, maybe they just didn't have the time. All you can do is send a few of your items out and see how they look and fit when they're returned. Don't take chances with your more expensive clothes!

If you use the laundry service and put Cold Water Wash only -- will they wash your clothes only in cold water?

If your clothes need any special handling such as cold water only, DON'T send them to the ships laundry.

Passenger laundry is done in different machines from the main ship's laundry. Those bad boys are 60kg of laundry in each half of a double drum machine. The uniform/passenger laundry uses smaller 15-25kg machines, but things are washed in batches. Hence some of the color bleed. Some lines put your stuff in a mesh bag and in it goes with other mesh bags, some use iron on labels for cabin number. Anything that you truly value, I would not send to the ship's laundry. Since Carnival has the self-serve machines, that is where I would do those items.

Have you ever been on a ship tour? If not, their washers are huge, even the smaller ones. It's not like a bunch of machines you see at a laundramat:eek: No way can they cater to 1 passenger's laundry.

You can't get a cold water wash because there's no such thing! The "normal" temperature of the water (in the laundry, the passenger laundry, and in your cabin) I'd describe as "lukewarm". If you have clothes that MUST be washed in cold water, try to do them yourself in the cabin. Even better, don't bring fancy, expensive clothes that have to be laundered in cold water :)!