Drone captures early Amsterdam arrival in Melbourne Australia today

Bellair

Hi everyone,

The link below will give you a very different 'birds-eye' perspective of the arrival MS Amsterdam in Melbourne Australia Monday the 8th of Feb. 2016.

Keeping a safe distance you will see the ship under the watchful eyes of Captain Jonathan, back into Melbourne's CruisePort on a balmy overcast sky.

There other ship following is the Europa also, I believe on a world cruise.

I filmed at 3 locations...across the bay at Williamstown (two areas) and from the beach at Port Melbourne, then waited at the passenger entry to see if I could recognise Bill & Maryanne or the inside Cabin Peter, but to no avail. (love their blogs)

Enjoy!

Click below to view:

Thank you - that was awesome! Love your choice of music, that was mesmerizing!

Out of curiosity what are all the poles in the water for? At first I thought maybe a dock was being dismantled, but it looks as though it stretches across the water a fair distance.

Many thanks indeed

The poles are the remains of the old dock that is currently being upgraded as you may have seen the new area on the left as the Quadcopter went to the ships.

Because all immigrants arrived there from Europe & Uk many years ago, there is now a museum & photos to commemorate this.

Regards

NB

Beautiful work, Bellair! Not to mention it was a very cool idea. Amazing how smooth and steady that drone is while panning and moving forward. Talk about a special welcome for all aboard the Amsterdam.

David