Board upgrade comments. Please use this thread only.

Old Gadge

Ok, I have a pc and I still don't see where these new features are??Is it an AOL thing? Marilyn

OK..........click on the quote screen......look at the top and run your courser over the icons and you will see the new features. Of course if you never did this before you would`t know they are new:eek: :D

It's fast, isn't it! I'm using DSL.

I just found the spell checker and the size changer. Has anyone been able to figure out how the size changer by the spell checker works?

That soes not increase the size of your text, only the size of your screen.

Aren`t we having fun:D

Ok I am feeling like a huge idiot, I do not have anything at the top of my reply to thread box. Just title and then message with area to write in. At the bottom of the area to write in I have some buttons with icons to choose from and that is it. The a "submit reply" or "preview post" button. Why is mine so different? I have always wondered how people could underline or change font size in their posts....I am feeling cheated. I have a cable modem and a pc. Marilyn

How do you put a blank line in a post? My previous post got all run together. I've left a blank line in the editor window between the last sentence and this one.

I'm putting a couple HTML break tags above this line to see if that works.

How do you put a blank line in a post? My previous post got all run together. I've left a blank line in the editor window between the last sentence and this one.

I'm putting a couple HTML break tags above this line to see if that works.

Carriage returns (enter)

work

for

me

Well, to begin with I had to log myself back in....

Had to comment on Shoreguy's "carriage return" comment. One day I said to my 18 year old computer nerd son, "hit carriage return." He looked at me like I was from another planet. Had to explain to him something else used to be in the place of the "enter" key!:D

And now back to your regularly scheduled update discussion.....

Robin

Ok I am feeling like a huge idiot, I do not have anything at the top of my reply to thread box. Just title and then message with area to write in. At the bottom of the area to write in I have some buttons with icons to choose from and that is it. The a "submit reply" or "preview post" button. Why is mine so different? I have always wondered how people could underline or change font size in their posts....I am feeling cheated. I have a cable modem and a pc. Marilyn

OK try this scroll down and go to additional options......this is just a guess........what is checked?

Well, to begin with I had to log myself back in....

Had to comment on Shoreguy's "carriage return" comment. One day I said to my 18 year old computer nerd son, "hit carriage return." He looked at me like I was from another planet. Had to explain to him something else used to be in the place of the "enter" key!:D

And now back to your regularly scheduled update discussion.....

Robin

I guess I should have said return key or enter key. :D

What time does the carriage return anyhow ?

I guess the term platen is from another planet as well.

Were is that Smith Corona anyway..lol

Hi all, we have a VBulletin BBS (work related) and just upgraded it the other day. Thought the users here might enjoy this tidbit, from our forums to yours, to help your community here.

There are a lot of new features in this addition. So, what's new for you, the end user?

• Re-designed faster message editor
    • Quick switch between the WYSIWYG editor and standard editor mode
    • Built-in IEspell icon (Internet Explorer Only) http://www.iespell.com/download.php
    • Enhanced attachment control

[*]Quick Reply now uses AJAX (Asynchronous Javascript and XML)

• You need to have a browser that supports AJAX: IE 5+, Mozilla & FF, Opera 8.01+

[*]Quick Edit

• Simply click on the edit button once to have an inline editor
    • Double click the edit button for the full editor- you can only edit your post within the first 24 hours of creating the post / thread

[*]Quick title edit

• You can double click next to the title name to edit the title, just make sure that you edit it under 5 minutes of creating the thread

[*]MySQL Fulltext search

• With booleen search enable (Advanced Search | check Booleen and save) you can have a much more flexable and powerful search results

[*]You can upload any size avatar / profile photo and it will be resized to the set dimensions we have specified

[*]Overall site performance due to updated PHP coding and tweaking

For a complete list of items: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...50&postcount=4

I also welcome the Admin here to contact me if I can ever offer assistance.

Beth

By looking at Lady & sir's post it looks like these new features are Internet Explorer only. I use AOL even though I have Interner Explorer. I will find it combersome to go back and forth just to interact with this board. I am on AOL ALL the time. Marilyn

seahorse-My additional options are:"Misc"-show your signature, automatically parse links in text (I have these both checked) Then I have "attach files" and "thread subscription".

Go to your profile and click on the user cp at the top of the page.........click on edit options (I think) and see if you have the proper things checked.

Archived