Board upgrade comments. Please use this thread only.

Old Gadge

OH it works..Thanks again..Believe it or not I looked in that area 3 times before I spotted it..One little thing was not checked:o & now it works:) ..

One more thing..Can someone with experience tell me the best site to use to download iespell..Is this a free site?:confused:

You are welcome:) Did you get spell check? The first one didn`t work for me, had to use the second one.

Sorry, I just saw that it did.:o

Beth,

2) I have an avatar I would like to use (because I am Sick and Tired of this picture of me) but when I tried to use it from the user CP it said it was too large. I thought you said this new program would automatically resize it. Help? Please?

Robin

PS I just downloaded and used the spell check for the first time. All I have to say is, AWESOME!

I am not beth but that option that her company is using is not activated here. I tried it right away since it would save me a lot of time not having to resize pictures so I could attach them.

Since the upgrade on Monday, I have not been able to post on CC from AOL. The last time an upgrade was done this happened also. I posted on Monday early am and the went back in at dinner time and could not. I can get in to read the threads, but your new upgrades say Welcome Cruzholic and then the screen goes back to the sign on page. I have tried getting Internet Explorer while on AOL but can't do that. Not sure if this is an AOL, WindowsXP or your new software problem, but hope this is cleared up with in the next few days. Any suggestions, or please forward this problem to your IT department as I am sure others have the same problem. Thanks in advance.

Since the upgrade on Monday, I have not been able to post on CC from AOL. The last time an upgrade was done this happened also. I posted on Monday early am and the went back in at dinner time and could not. I can get in to read the threads, but your new upgrades say Welcome Cruzholic and then the screen goes back to the sign on page. I have tried getting Internet Explorer while on AOL but can't do that. Not sure if this is an AOL, WindowsXP or your new software problem, but hope this is cleared up with in the next few days. Any suggestions, or please forward this problem to your IT department as I am sure others have the same problem. Thanks in advance.

I have tried getting Internet Explorer while on AOL but can't do that.
What's been the problem with Internet Explorer? If you're signed on to your AOL and you go to Start -> Programs -> Internet Explorer, a new window should open running Internet Explorer. That should allow you to sign on - or doesn't that work? If it doesn't work, what is happening when you try it?

I am also on a Macintosh using Safari browser. I finally figured out how to activate (or I should say my wife figured it out) the new posting options.

1. Go to User CP (control panel)

2. Select "edit options" under the "settings and option" portion on the menu

3. Go down to Miscellaneous Options at the very bottm and select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

4. Save changes and Voile' they are now there.

Good luck

PE

• Quick Edit
    • Simply click on the edit button once to have an inline editor
    • Double click the edit button for the full editor- you can only edit your post within the first 24 hours of creating the post / thread

[*]You can upload any size avatar / profile photo and it will be resized to the set dimensions we have specified

Having had a bit of a play, it looks like editing here remains limited to 20 minutes or so after posting. Also, the double-click feature isn't enabled - to get the full editor, click Edit and then click Go Advanced in the inline editor that appears.

The automatic avatar resizing isn't enabled here either by the looks of things.

Sometimes these new gadgets have too many bells and whistles. Last time I got a cell phone, the guy started showing me phones with all kinds of do-dads. I ask him if he had something that rings and I said Hello. I don't want games, text messaging, and definitely, no camera. Sometimes I may have to call a proctologist and I sure don't want to see what he may be looking at.

ROFLMAO:D

I was referred over here from the RCCL board. Since yesterday's upgrade I can't WYSIWYG anymore. I have the same editing screen as before - only it's gray now instead of yellow for some reason. But when I click on the smilies, fonts, etc., nothing happens. It will not let me do paragraphs or quick reply either /// Yes, I have gone into User CP and checked my settings. I normally use Firefox, but I have also tried IE and I get nothing there either. /// Does anybody know how to fix this?

I was referred over here from the RCCL board. Since yesterday's upgrade I can't WYSIWYG anymore. I have the same editing screen as before - only it's gray now instead of yellow for some reason. But when I click on the smilies, fonts, etc., nothing happens. It will not let me do paragraphs or quick reply either /// Yes, I have gone into User CP and checked my settings. I normally use Firefox, but I have also tried IE and I get nothing there either. /// Does anybody know how to fix this?

Your post is number 112. Back up to 109 and do what it says there.

Your post is number 112. Back up to 109 and do what it says there.
Thanks, but as I stated previously, I have already done that. Many times. I guess I must be the only one having this trouble, so I may try to find another computer and try it there. Then I'll know if it's something local to my system.

Thanks, but as I stated previously, I have already done that. Many times. I guess I must be the only one having this trouble, so I may try to find another computer and try it there. Then I'll know if it's something local to my system.

Suggest you try one more thing..I did what it said in post 109 & also had problems with black grey screen for smilies..

On IE GO to CP

Scroll down to Display Options

Be sure that the box Show Images is checked..

For some reason mine was not checked & that worked for me..then I was also able to download the spell check option..Good luck:)

Having had a bit of a play, it looks like editing here remains limited to 20 minutes or so after posting. Also, the double-click feature isn't enabled - to get the full editor, click Edit and then click Go Advanced in the inline editor that appears.

The automatic avatar resizing isn't enabled here either by the looks of things.

Sorry,

Wish I could help. :( I'm not an admin here. These things are possible, but only if the Admin enables them. Our BBS has them enabled. I thought they were standard...and installed here as well. My bad. Just trying to post helpful tidbits.

Beth

OK, a very nice gentleman on the "Help" forum (excitedofharpenden) gave me the advice that finally fixed it for me. Go into the internet options menu on your browser and manually clean out the cache and cookies. Exit your browser, then open it again and it works. Yay!!:D

This has probably been covered somewhere in the previous 4 pages, but, this version doesn't seem to have the choice to provide a name for a link like the old one did, such as "SF Port" which would then be the link (this post is as clear as mud).http://www.sfport.com/site/sfport_index.asp?id=23868. Am I correct (about the missing link thing, not the clear-as-mud comment)?

OK, a very nice gentleman on the "Help" forum (excitedofharpenden) gave me the advice that finally fixed it for me. Go into the internet options menu on your browser and manually clean out the cache and cookies. Exit your browser, then open it again and it works. Yay!!:D

Glad it works now..:) thanks for letting us know..Happy cruising

Sorry,

Wish I could help. :( I'm not an admin here. These things are possible, but only if the Admin enables them. Our BBS has them enabled. I thought they were standard...and installed here as well. My bad. Just trying to post helpful tidbits.

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer: It wasn't a complaint, and certainly not directed at you!

I just wanted to highlight some things that haven't changed here with the upgrade, and that are different from the set up that you have on your BB.

This has probably been covered somewhere in the previous 4 pages, but, this version doesn't seem to have the choice to provide a name for a link like the old one did, such as "SF Port" which would then be the link (this post is as clear as mud).http://www.sfport.com/site/sfport_index.asp?id=23868. Am I correct (about the missing link thing, not the clear-as-mud comment)?
The option is still there. I think that the thing to do is this:-
  • Type the text for the link
  • Select (highlight) it
  • Then click the blue globe icon
  • Then enter the URL for the link

I'm not quite sure whether there are other ways of doing it as well, but that's what I've been doing.

The option is still there. I think that the thing to do is this:-
  • Type the text for the link
  • Select (highlight) it
  • Then click the blue globe icon
  • Then enter the URL for the link

I'm not quite sure whether there are other ways of doing it as well, but that's what I've been doing.

Thank you very much, Globaliser. I'll try linking that way. It used to be really simple. I'm pretty computer savvy and even know some HTML; still . . .

Thank you very much, Globaliser. I'll try linking that way. It used to be really simple. I'm pretty computer savvy and even know some HTML; still . . .

I'm sure no whiz on a computer. I'm old and self taught, bad combo. I started with an old DOS, moved to a 386 and now on my eighth computer.

My method of learning was to click on something and either something wonderful would happen or the screen would go blank. With this message board, I feel like I'm reliving that education. I click on something and either something wonderful happens or........................

I am still getting the white screen, lost posts and the site often takes an age to load...hopefully things will sort themselves out eventually :(

And the review section doesn't load either...

Wow Ally..........you have to size your posts.

The review section works, when you click it on it will be blank....... you have to click on the reviews at the top of the page again.

So far not to many problems for me........last night the site was a little slow and I said.....oh ho:eek:

I am still not able to post when logged on to AOL. It keeps recycling me. I get the following message:

If you are an AOL member and are constantly recycled back to the login page please try using Internet Explorer to log into the boards for the first time. AOL picks up settings and cookies from Internet Explorer, allowing you access directly from AOL in the future.

However, even when I do use Internet Explorer (I would not be able to post here now if I were not using IE), I still cannot log on through AOL as suggested above.

Anyone else having these problems?

Anyone know the solution?

Archived