Accommodations for 5 on Radiance of the Seas

Does anyone know the type of cabins that can sleep 5 on Radiance? We are planning a family cruise and several families have 3 young children and want to sleep in one cabin. I was hoping for a similar balcony family cabin like the Millennium class on Celebrity. I see one type of family cabin in the front of the ship, but it does not have a balcony. Thanks for your input...

Does anyone know the type of cabins that can sleep 5 on Radiance? We are planning a family cruise and several families have 3 young children and want to sleep in one cabin. I was hoping for a similar balcony family cabin like the Millennium class on Celebrity. I see one type of family cabin in the front of the ship, but it does not have a balcony. Thanks for your input...

There is a two bedroom suite with balcony that can accommodate 8. You will have to call Royal to get pricing.

1054 is the Two Bedroom Suite with Balcony and is located on Deck 10 mid-ship. The balcony is very small but the cabin is laid out very nicely. Here's a picture of the balcony. I have pictures of the interior if you would like.

1880146790_August2011096.jpg.ca06d843f86bee46451f4e8faacb5f47.jpg

Edited by cruisenfever

We had the GS next door to 1054. The balcony for the RFS is ridiculously small - I do have a photo of it on another PC which I will try and find later but I have posted a photo of it before (if you search the posts). If you have a family wanting to use the balcony, then 1054 is definitely not for you. There are aft-facing Royal Family Suites on Decks 9 and 8 which I think would be much better suited to families wishing to use the balcony. Nice and quiet down the back too.

Enjoy the Radiance:)

Cheers

Di

We stayed in JS 1602 on Brilliance with 4 adults and a six year old. I didn't feel crowded at all. My husband and I had the bed, my oldest daughter and granddaughter slept on the sleeper sofa and they brought in a rollaway bed for my almost 6' tall youngest daughter. No one had any complaints, we were on a cruise!

I thought JS's only slept 4. To book 5, does one have to contact CS? That is probably the best option for our families that need to sleep 5. While the larger suites are lovely, probably out of price range for our young families.

Edited by cruisingram1

I thought JS's only slept 4. To book 5, does one have to contact CS? That is probably the best option for our families that need to sleep 5. While the larger suites are lovely, probably out of price range for our young families.

You can to call Royal or a travel agent to book staterooms with a minimum occupancy greater than 4.

You might also want to check out the pricing for the FO (family ocean view) on Radiance...We have had family book the #8500 two different times...great cabin...Very lucky to get it for just two adults and a toddler but the cabin will accommodate 6....

Also a small detail we discovered awhile ago with RCI if you're booking with a child under 2 that will be using a pack-n-play the occupancy number doesn't apply.

Edited by Ashland

I originally booked the JS for just my two daughters, my granddaughter and myself. My husband then decided he wanted to go also (with 4 females in the same cabin?) so I called Crown & Anchor and they were very accommodating and added him. We used the huge walk-in closet as a dressing room, and like I said, didn't feel crowded. You cannot book more than 4 people in a cabin on their website, tho. You have to call them.

Never knew a JS could accommodate 5. I assume the 5th person pays the same fare as person 3 and 4. This puts Royal in the running. Cruise is not until July 2017 so nothing to do until those dates are released.

I am surprised, though, that both Celebrity and Princess have released summer 2017, but Royal has not. Anyone know when these dates will be available?

Edited by cruisingram1

Never knew a JS could accommodate 5. I assume the 5th person pays the same fare as person 3 and 4. This puts Royal in the running. Cruise is not until July 2017 so nothing to do until those dates are released.

I am surprised, though, that both Celebrity and Princess have released summer 2017, but Royal has not. Anyone know when these dates will be available?

Royal should start releasing new itineraries next month.

(Got one John!)

I don't know if all JS' can, but we had an aft JS. It wasn't already equipped for 5, they brought in a rollaway. And yes, when I added my husband, he was the same fare as passengers 3 and 4.

JS's only sleep 4..max...most are only for 2!

Apparently some sleep 5.

Cheapest option is a connecting ocean view or inside on deck 4 we always did with our boys on the Radiance class ships. You end up with 2 bathrooms and the 3 kids can stay in the one cabin and you and your wife in the other cabin with a connecting door. The price always works out way less that a suite.

Just my thoughts

Brian