Can't get Princess to add e-mail to upsells

calteacher

I can't remember where I read about it (and couldn't find it in a search) but someone posted that it was possible to call customer service and ask to have e-mail addresses added to the list of e-mails going to passengers regarding upsales.

The person to whom I spoke was very polite and tried to be helpful. She "checked" with someone (it took her about 5 minutes to get back to me) and she said the we never do that. You can't be "added" to a list.

Can anyone tell me how they were able to get that accomplished?

Thanks.

I can't remember where I read about it (and couldn't find it in a search) but someone posted that it was possible to call customer service and ask to have e-mail addresses added to the list of e-mails going to passengers regarding upsales.

The person to whom I spoke was very polite and tried to be helpful. She "checked" with someone (it took her about 5 minutes to get back to me) and she said the we never do that. You can't be "added" to a list.

Thanks.

You can sign up to receive emails for last minute offers. I have never heard of people signing up for upsale emails to a higher category cabin. If this is what you are asking for.

Randomly, people will either get a phone call from their TA, or an email from Princess (if booked directly with Princess) with an upsale offer. It works on a first come, first served basis.

Only list I'm aware of is if you get an upsell email on a suite for example but by the time you call they are gone, you can be placed on a waiting list in case a suite cancels. My travel companions just did this a few weeks ago and just recieved a call offering them a cancelled suite.

Thanks.

Have never heard of this. She was correct.

Are you booked through a TA?

If you are booked direct any offer would come to you. If booked through a TA it has to go through the TA.

Only list I'm aware of is if you get an upsell email on a suite for example but by the time you call they are gone, you can be placed on a waiting list in case a suite cancels. My travel companions just did this a few weeks ago and just recieved a call offering them a cancelled suite.

You can be placed on a waiting list for any cabin cat.

This is not what the OP is talking about. ;)

On our cruise this past February we picked the inside room we liked and had it marked as No Upgrades. We didn’t want to be moved to a location that we didn’t like. We did get a very nice Upsell offer to an obstructed view deluxe balcony and got to choose from a variety of rooms. We jumped on it. So, it seems that you don’t have to be on any list to get an offer.

Sorry for asking. I just thought I had read a posting (within another thread) about contacting Inventory Control and getting an e-mail registered.

Yes, I am contacting my TA about the possibility of paying to upgrade, which I am sure is very expensive since current prices are for new bookings only.

Sorry for asking. I just thought I had read a posting (within another thread) about contacting Inventory Control and getting an e-mail registered.

Yes, I am contacting my TA about the possibility of paying to upgrade, which I am sure is very expensive since current prices are for new bookings only.

When you have a booking through a TA Princess deals with the TA as far as upsell notifications.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Calteacher, I read that too. Pretty recently. It had to do with getting an email directly to you as well as your travel agent if you got an upsell offer. I think you needed to do it for every booking. It involved having your email attached to your booking in case Inventory Control was making an upsell offer. I think you needed to contact Inventory Control to have it done. It was to get you early notice since the TAs won't get it to you as fast, if at all. I think it was on one of the recent upsell offer threads. If I see it again, I'll come back and post a link to it.

I remember seeing this as well. Although upsells are not all that common, you just need to make sure that your cruise personalizer is updated with your email. You can find it using the following link (I hope this works -- if not, sign in, click on My Princess and then My Profile):

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactDetail.page

While most notifications for upsells will go through your TA if you've used one, I got an upgrade offer the day before a cruise once directly through a phone call from Princess .... so make sure your contact numbers are also up to date in your cruise personalizer. And yes, I did use a TA with this cruise where I was upgraded .... but did receive the call from Princess to make sure it was ok to upgrade my cabin. It was before 7 AM -- so was a little suspicious but all worked out fine.

FWIW not all upsell offers are fantabo deals.

Of the last 4, only 1 was an actual deal where the upgraded cabin was "better" and significantly less than what was able to be booked at the time.

The only 1 (which we took) was a $200 pp upgrade to a "better" cabin that was currently selling for $579 more pp that our original booking amount. So we spent the add'l $400 for the cabin.

The "oddest thing", the other "upgrades" we hadn't pre-booked line excursions/pre-ordered packages. Those other "upgrades" were within $75-100 of the price the "upgraded" cabins could actually be reserved.

The accepted upgrade had about $2k pre-booked for excursions/interweb/drink packages.

Wonder if Princess has a scrub program that offers more to those who pre-book? :confused: