Pre booked excursions

tbtma

Hi Guys, new to NCL, but not to cruising. Just wondering if book an excursion now ( cruising in late Apr) what would happen if for some reason, either I choose to cancel the excursion or god forbid! We had to cancel our cruise for some reason ( yes we do have ins) Just wondering what would happen with the excursion that was paid for?

Thanks as always!

Bonnie

Hi Guys, new to NCL, but not to cruising. Just wondering if book an excursion now ( cruising in late Apr) what would happen if for some reason, either I choose to cancel the excursion or god forbid! We had to cancel our cruise for some reason ( yes we do have ins) Just wondering what would happen with the excursion that was paid for?

Thanks as always!

Bonnie

You would get a refund.

Thanks as always!

Bonnie

Do you have to pre-pay on NCL? My only experience with ship excursions is on Princess where you pre-book, but aren't charged until you go on the excursion (and if you cancel you aren't charged).

Really not sure if they actually charge your cc when you book an excursion through NCL's website, although it appears that they do. I was just wondering how they would handle a cancellation.

Bonnie

When I sailed PoA in 2014, our pre-booked excursions were charged to our card immediately.

One of our excursions was cancelled due to weather and the amount was returned to us as OBC.

If you cancelled the cruise entirely, I assume they'd refund directly to your card or send you a check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you pre-book your excursions you have to pre-pay. It is charged immediately, not on board. The cancellation and refund policy can be found here: Shore Excursions Terms & Conditions

Basically, you can cancel before the cruise starts and get a refund to your credit card. Or you cancel on board with at least 48 hours notice and get a refund to your onboard account. They don't care about the reason, they just want enough time to sell your seat to someone else.

Some special excursions have stricter cancellation rules, so check before you purchase.

Do you have the $50 shore excursion credit as a promo with your fare? If so, you would call the specific number given to book your excursion BUT your card won't be charged until you take the excursion. If you change your mind before then (I think by 24 hours prior), you could cancel and there would be no charge (and no need for a refund).

Thanks for the quick reply. We would get a refund regardless of our reason to cancel the excursion ? Even if we just changed our mind, once on board?

Thanks

Bonnie

Once on board, You are supposed to cancel 24 hours before the excursion. If someone were sick, however, and you explained that to guest services, they would cancel without an issue.

Thanks for the quick reply. We would get a refund regardless of our reason to cancel the excursion ? Even if we just changed our mind, once on board?

Thanks

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

We just sailed on the Gem ( 1/22-2/1). My wife booked 4 shore excursions prior to going on the cruise. (about a month out)

Once we boarded and started talking to more experienced cruisers about the excursions we had already pre-paid for, we decided to change two of them. We went to the Shore Excursions desk and cancelled the first shore excursion and they credited the amount to our on-board account.

Now, ( and this may depend on the shore excursion rep you deal with) we cancelled our second shore excursion the day before the scheduled excursion and the shore excursion desk rep credited the amount to our on board account again with no issues.

I didn't know if this was going to work as everything pertaining to the shore excursion said you have to cancel 48 hours in advance.

I would suggest that if there is a shore excursion that you definitely want to do, you pre pay for it, that way you are sure you have it.

Enjoy your cruise

Regards,

Vinegarjoe

Once on board, You are supposed to cancel 24 hours before the excursion. If someone were sick, however, and you explained that to guest services, they would cancel without an issue.

Do you have to pre-pay on NCL? My only experience with ship excursions is on Princess where you pre-book, but aren't charged until you go on the excursion (and if you cancel you aren't charged).

You are charged on booking. However you can cancel at any time. You get a full refund provided you give 48 hours notice. (Not 24 hours)

Be careful however, some very expensive, and so hard to fill at the last moment, may not be cancellable at all especially at the 48 hour point. I wonder about the special shorex to Machu Picchu, on the Star's South America run. That includes flights which could be the problem.

Mike