Carnival Dream - Cove Balcony Cabins

mompells

Can anyone give me the pros or cons of a cove balcony on the Dream? What deck are they on? Does it take forever to get to anywhere/everywhere on the ship? What is above the cove balconies? Are they too noisy since they are lower to the water? I'll take any input that you all might have for me! Thanks!!!

They are on Deck 2. They are quiet if you avoid cabins under the Galley, and there are some vents that blow down on 1 or 2 balconies (we had 2305) that was a little annoying. They are very convenient for for port days. Not bad for the main dining room or theater. Lido is a long way.

They are the most private. Most other balconies look down on the deck 5 promenade and can be seen from the promenade.

Edited by Miller_KC

We loved the cove balcony we had on the dream and would not hesitate to book one again on any ship that has them. The balcony is a little deeper then a normal balcony and it is not a glass front like the balconies on deck six and above....but there is an open space that you absolutely can see out of. I loved the fact that you were so close to the water and we could see flying fish and things. You do need to be careful on what is above you make sure you check the deck plans. We were on the edge of the galley and we did hear carts early morning, but it was not enough to keep us awake. They are on deck 2 so it is an elevator ride to anything, but it is a trade off to be that close to the water. I would not get one of the regular balconies on the dream class ships. You are over the promenade and you can't see down to the water, that is part of the reason I get a balcony...to some that is not a problem but I do not want to have people see me sitting on my balcony from a deck below.

of course you can see down to the water from the upper balconies. Yes, you can see the Promenade deck, but a clear view of the ocean as well. We were just on a B2B a few weeks ago and had a deck 12 Spa and a deck 7 balcony, both with views of the ocean

Yes, you are farther from lido, but here's my thoughts. I take the stairs. We had 2288 and have booked the same room on the Breeze for a b2b cruise. 2288 is between the main elevators and the ones that go up to the buffet. It's very easy to go up the stairs for where you want to go. And the added benefit is the exercise!! That means more warm chocolate melting cake!! The view to the water is way better than a higher room. It is literally like having an ocean front room. I enjoyed the balcony way more than our last two, which were lido balconies.

I am going to be in cove balcony 2298 - which is actually only 3 doors down on the same port side as your 2288 cabin was. I'm happy to hear that you thought that this room was a good location! You weren't bothered by the elevator traffic? Also - did you hear any noise from above (the galley?)

I am going to be in cove balcony 2298 - which is actually only 3 doors down on the same port side as your 2288 cabin was. I'm happy to hear that you thought that this room was a good location! You weren't bothered by the elevator traffic? Also - did you hear any noise from above (the galley?)

No, it was a great location. No noise. Out your door and turn right to the elevators up to the buffet area or turn left to the elevators up to the atrium area. It's also nice to not have far to travel when you get back from port and are wore out. :)

Yes, you are farther from lido, but here's my thoughts. I take the stairs. We had 2288 and have booked the same room on the Breeze for a b2b cruise. 2288 is between the main elevators and the ones that go up to the buffet. It's very easy to go up the stairs for where you want to go. And the added benefit is the exercise!! That means more warm chocolate melting cake!! The view to the water is way better than a higher room. It is literally like having an ocean front room. I enjoyed the balcony way more than our last two, which were lido balconies.

We recently booked this on the Breeze for Jan of 2018. I've seen some posts saying this is between lifeboats so more sun from above. True? And is it quiet above? Appears to be away from the galley.

Thanks!

We recently booked this on the Breeze for Jan of 2018. I've seen some posts saying this is between lifeboats so more sun from above. True? And is it quiet above? Appears to be away from the galley.

Thanks!

I've heard the same thing. Our cruise on the breeze is in April, so I will hopefully figure out how to post pictures when I do a review. On the dream it was quiet but I seem to remember lifeboats above. But others have posted 2288 on the breeze is in between.

We sailed on the Dream several years ago. We loved our cove balcony, but we did have a considerable amount of noise above us during the night. We were in room 2412. However, the location was wonderful!! Absolutely loved the closeness to the water. We have a cove booked on our upcoming Magic sailing next month :)

I haven't booked one yet but mainly because I don't like that they are enclosed, I also like to be higher on the ship. Many folks love them because they are so close to the water and the enclosure makes them more private. There location makes it great for when you are coming back from ports due to them being on the lower levels.

We were in 2294 on the Breeze. We had no trouble with elevator traffic and no noise from above. By the way you are not under the galley, aka "kitchen", but instead you are under the dining room which is carpeted and empty at night. We loved the location and would booked it again in a heartbeat

We had a Cove on the Magic in March 2014, see my review in the signature. Loved it. Yes it was far away from the Lido deck, but, because of the lanni (sp?) deck, we rarely found the need to go to Lido. The Lanni had several food stations on sea days, had great entertainment, and was very quiet. I enjoyed sunning there instead of Lido.

We had 2302 on the Dream in January - port side, underneath the dining room, about midway from elevator banks, very convenient. Never heard any noise except the ocean, didn't feel any movement ... would have been perfect if our neighbor had ever turned off his balcony light. I would recommend this location in a heartbeat!

They are on Deck 2. They are quiet if you avoid cabins under the Galley, and there are some vents that blow down on 1 or 2 balconies (we had 2305) that was a little annoying. They are very convenient for for port days. Not bad for the main dining room or theater. Lido is a long way.

They are the most private. Most other balconies look down on the deck 5 promenade and can be seen from the promenade.

Just off the Dream and had Cove Balcony 2256. This was a perfect area for a cove. It was adjacent to the stairs and elevators. One deck up is the GS, and the main lobby. You board right there. We had FTTF, and walked one flight down and into our cabin in less than 2 minutes.

We had any time dining which was on the first level of the Crimson MDR. That too opens into the main lobby. Other that the line from 6:30 - 8:00pm it took us minutes to get in line. We found out that after 8PM the line was gone and you were seated immediately.

The main theater was also off of the Main lobby. Now as with any bow cabin the aft of the ship is a bit of a walk. However, on deck 14 and 15, directly above this cabin was the serenity area with its hot-tubs. Oh, and the elevators in the bow drop you off at the Spa on deck 12.

Being so close to the water the balcony was damp in the morning and after dark . They are private and under the life boats. Do not expect to get a tan there. I have read that if you book a Cove that is under the Galley on deck 3 that there will be noise that may disturb your sleep.

Edited by untailored bostonian

Just off the Dream and had Cove Balcony 2256. This was a perfect area for a cove. It was adjacent to the stairs and elevators. One deck up is the GS, and the main lobby. You board right there. We had FTTF, and walked one flight down and into our cabin in less than 2 minutes.

We had any time dining which was on the first level of the Crimson MDR. That too opens into the main lobby. Other that the line from 6:30 - 8:00pm it took us minutes to get in line. We found out that after 8PM the line was gone and you were seated immediately.

The main theater was also off of the Main lobby. Now as with any bow cabin the aft of the ship is a bit of a walk. However, on deck 14 and 15, directly above this cabin was the serenity area with its hot-tubs. Oh, and the elevators in the bow drop you off at the Spa on deck 12.

Being so close to the water the balcony was damp in the morning and after dark . They are private and under the life boats. Do not expect to get a tan there. I have read that if you book a Cove that is under the Galley on deck 3 that there will be noise that may disturb your sleep.

I booked that same cabin for next August, is there any other noise to deal with?

I've had a regular balcony before.. I enjoyed it on the Conquest. Booked a cove balcony on the Dream for our 5/1/16 cruise, cabin 2254. Hoping it is nice location, etc. Is it weird that I'm already having anxiety about having a balcony with my 5 year old?

November was our first time sailing on the Dream class so we were used to standard balconies and I was a little apprehensive about booking a Cove on the Dream. We had room 2337 and we LOVED it!! I'll book cove anytime it's available! It was super convenient for us for most everything. We did walk a LOT of stairs but that was intentional. When we're on vacation, we don't eat like we do at home so I needed the added exercise.

We never heard anything but relaxing ocean waves. We were sailing with friends and, fortunately for us, the balcony divider was able to be opened between both rooms so it seemed like we had a huge balcony. Also, we loved being so close to the water.

Needless to say, we're hooked on cove balconies!

We stayed in 2298 on Breeze. We were below the dining room and only heard noise a couple times. Nothing bothersome at all.