Assigned check in...you got to be kidding me

caymancouple

....Ummmmmmm ..........So if you are Elite on Celebrity and Diamond Plus on Royal, WHAT ARE YOU DOING SAILING CARNIVAL?! :cool:

....and if you spent all that time sailing on Carnival instead of RCCL & Celebrity ... you would be PLATINUM on Carnival by now and not have to worry about this! :)

...Just my two cents.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

i'm starbucks gold and i approve this message....

And I doubt I am the only one "winging it" on vacation ;-) after all, it's what vacation is for...

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

There are also certain things you need to with decency and order. Checking in thousands of passengers is one of them.

You keep asking why it's so important that priority guests check in. Why is it so important that you don't?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Should you select a time... yes, sure... does the time slot system directly impact general boarding issues, most definitely. .. however, how things are organized now it has no impact one way or another as it relates to priority check in, staffing, room cleaning or any of the other reasons listed. If the reason for priority boarding time selection is courtesy for carnival, I can see that. But the main point is IF a priority boarding guest does not select a time or if they arrive earlier than their time, they WILL be allowed to check in and it does not change anything.

Should you select a time... yes, sure... does the time slot system directly impact general boarding issues, most definitely. .. however, how things are organized now it has no impact one way or another as it relates to priority check in, staffing, room cleaning or any of the other reasons listed. If the reason for priority boarding time selection is courtesy for carnival, I can see that. But the main point is IF a priority boarding guest does not select a time or if they arrive earlier than their time, they WILL be allowed to check in and it does not change anything.

You don't know why they are asking priority members to select a time. You're guessing just like everyone else. But you're doing it for no good reason other than to just be uncooperative. Because it takes no time to do it. Being contrary for contrary's sake is silly to me. But apparently you're getting something out of it.

smiley.jpg.2f92b2878d937f9f63ebb74ff8cac2a0.jpg

you don't know why they are asking priority members to select a time. You're guessing just like everyone else. But you're doing it for no good reason other than to just be uncooperative. Because it takes no time to do it. Being contrary for contrary's sake is silly to me. But apparently you're getting something out of it.

Sent from my sch-i435 using tapatalk

Eventually there will be too many high tier members to allow everyone, AND FTTF, to have early/priority check in. I think carnival would give it to the FTTF since they are paying, but the higher tier members may not be able to just show up early and be allowed in. I've seen this on other lines at check in; so many high tier members with priority that their lines were longer than the non-priority guests.

OK, some logic here! Priority guests get other services that take time for the stewards to get ready for them. Choosing a time, tells the ship's personnel what time to expect these priority folks to be looking for a fully serviced cabin. If none of the priority guests choose a time - there is no order for the stewards to have the cabins prepared. Also, without those set times being reserved, other guests will be given those times and the ship will expect those people -then stir in 100+ priority guests who felt it wasn't necessary to give Carnival the heads up that they were arriving, it slows down the whole process and forces those who actually chose their time and were not priority, to wait while the priority guests get PRIORITY.

Excellent post! I do not understand the logic of picking a later time if you are priority and then showing up early. Let's give this new system a chance. Purposely showing up early will just gum up the works.

Excellent post! I do not understand the logic of picking a later time if you are priority and then showing up early. Let's give this new system a chance. Purposely showing up early will just gum up the works.

Or purposely not checking in at all. I don't understand why people can't just do as asked.

First time leaving out of this port, we were stopped 10 times before we got into building,I had a boarding time of 10;30 to 3, I was stopped and they looked it up, andmy boarding time was 11,30 to 12, hubby thought he was smart and could by pass carnival, but was stopped in his tracks. Nobody boarded until 12 pm, feb 6 2016

First time leaving out of this port, we were stopped 10 times before we got into building,I had a boarding time of 10;30 to 3, I was stopped and they looked it up, andmy boarding time was 11,30 to 12, hubby thought he was smart and could by pass carnival, but was stopped in his tracks. Nobody boarded until 12 pm, feb 6 2016

Boarded or got into the building?

If you have not ever boarded at Galveston, you probably don't know about the horrendous traffic jam is caused at the port. I plan on a hour after I arrive in Galveston just to be able to get out of my car to get my luggage to the porter and then get the car to the parking garage. I have a 10:30 check in time on Thursday and will hope that this staggered boarding times will help the traffic flow as well.

Staggered check in started today here in Miami... Here is the line! Working perfectly I see! :rolleyes:

Staggered check in starts in March. Even I gotta call it as it is. If staggered check in eliminates this maybe I will learn to like it. I've never been in a line like that for any cruise on any line. Luckily it was not very hot in Miami today.

Staggered check in starts in March. Even I gotta call it as it is. If staggered check in eliminates this maybe I will learn to like it. I've never been in a line like that for any cruise on any line. Luckily it was not very hot in Miami today.

I would not be happy in that line......