Is there soap/shampoo provided

joeyjpaul

When I travel, I usually stay in inexpensive hotels and there is always those little bottles of shampoo and bodywash. Are those provided on Carnival cruises or is this something that I should bring?

Another question is what about mouthwash, I was thinking of bringing a small bottle, but then I realized that it is alcohol based, does that cause any difficulties - or should I find another brand of mouthwash or do they provide some on the ship.

We leave in a little over 2 weeks for our first cruise, so we are getting really excited.

In the shower, there is a dispenser with body wash and shampoo. They do not provide conditioner. On the sink will be a bar of soap. We usually bring a pump bottle of soap, but it isn't necessary.

I have never had a problem bringing a small bottle of mouth wash. We put it in our carry-on with out our toiletries. If they think you are trying to sneak on alcohol, they will open it and smell it. I've never been on a cruise that provided mouth wash.

When I travel, I usually stay in inexpensive hotels and there is always those little bottles of shampoo and bodywash. Are those provided on Carnival cruises or is this something that I should bring?

Another question is what about mouthwash, I was thinking of bringing a small bottle, but then I realized that it is alcohol based, does that cause any difficulties - or should I find another brand of mouthwash or do they provide some on the ship.

We leave in a little over 2 weeks for our first cruise, so we are getting really excited.

Yes, shampoo and bodywash are provided. There will be a dispenser of each in the shower. However, we always bring our own. The shampoo is not a very good quality, and the bodywash is kind of thin. Mouthwash is not provided. You'll need to bring your own. I bring an 8 ounce bottle or two (Scope or store brand) that are easier to pack than a large 16 ounce bottle. You can buy these items in the gift shop on the ship, but at an inflated price. You'll save yourself some money if you buy them at your local grocery store or pharmacy. The alcohol in mouthwash won't cause any problems. Just don't try to smuggle booze in a mouthwash bottle. Carnival got wise to that years ago.;)

Sailingwithfriends got it all correct. I'll just add my opinion from much experience with it: that the hand soap provided is horrible, cheap crap. Just about any other soap - "inexpensive hotel" bar soap, or pump soap, as Sailingwithfriends mentioned, is going to be a huge improvement on it, if you so choose to bring it. We always bring our own little bars of soap. Not coincidentally, we bring Bien Venue, the much nicer bars that Carnival used to provide.:rolleyes::)

There is no restriction on mouthwash. We always bring travel-size Listerine - plenty of alcohol in that, no problem.

Have a great cruise!

I don't think it's a big issue with guys so much but for us women, we need conditioner. They don't provide conditioner and if a woman with long hair doesn't have conditioner it's a messy tangled nightmare. :( I usually bring a bottle of conditioner in my suitcase. I put it inside a gallon sized zipper bag just in case it leaks but it never has. Once we did just carry-ons so I put conditioner into several small travel sized containers and they went through security just fine.

Even though shampoo and body wash are in dispensers on the shower wall we bring our own in small bottles (like from hotels) that we throw away when empty. We liked the hand soap provided by Carnival.

We bring small bottles of mouth wash in our carry on toiletry cases and have never been questioned.

Something else we bring is a bottle of "Soft Soap" brand antibacterial liquid hand soap to use in the cabin bathroom - we use the hand sanitizer in other locations on board but feel this is another layer of possible protection.

I brought my own travel sized Dove bar last cruise as the soap that they have now is so drying and doesn't produce enough suds for me to shave comfortably.

I also brought the 3 oz Go Toobs for my shampoo and conditioner. I have long, thick hair and for sure need conditioner or there is no way I will get a comb through it. Their shampoo leaves my hair in knots and feeling really dry.

Mouthwash in a small bottle is no problem alcohol based or not.

I second the pump soap suggestion! They need to have a built in dispenser in the cabin sing. I always bring a bottle. The bar soap for hand washing is so mess / unsanitary

OK, I'll bite: Why is bar soap unsanitary? Even if there were germs on it from the previous person, wouldn't the act of washing your hands with it make those germs go down the drain the same as any germs that were on your hands? I'd think people successfully cleaned their hands for many generations with bar soap before liquid pump bottles of soap were invented.

(I have no idea whether germs can survive on bars of soap or not. I suspect the answer is that it depends on the germ. Some more hardy ones might survive, but most probably can't.)

OK, I'll bite: Why is bar soap unsanitary? Even if there were germs on it from the previous person, wouldn't the act of washing your hands with it make those germs go down the drain the same as any germs that were on your hands? I'd think people successfully cleaned their hands for many generations with bar soap before liquid pump bottles of soap were invented.

(I have no idea whether germs can survive on bars of soap or not. I suspect the answer is that it depends on the germ. Some more hardy ones might survive, but most probably can't.)

Germs can & do live on bar soap, and I don't trust the hand washing technique of others (even my own family) to control their spread. Ever since I've adopted excellent hand washing technique and common sense about grabbing door & faucet handles, I rarely get sick. :) every little bit helps in the spread of illnesses, especially on ships & hotels and the like

It's not. There have been plenty of studies done. Germs can survive on the bar of soap, especially if it remains wet. But as soon as the bar is initially rinsed and rubbed under running water (as one would to get it "started" before handwashing), most of those germs go down the drain. If proper handwashing protocol follows that rinsing of the soap bar, no worries. I've looked into this. I'm a bit of a germaphobe and a former veterinary surgical assistant. We used bar soap when prepping for surgery and never once had any infection issues.;) Bar soap is not unsanitary if used properly.

Germs can & do live on bar soap, and I don't trust the hand washing technique of others (even my own family) to control their spread. Ever since I've adopted excellent hand washing technique and common sense about grabbing door & faucet handles, I rarely get sick. :) every little bit helps in the spread of illnesses, especially on ships & hotels and the like

sounds a little agoraphobic

Isnt soap self-cleaning? Bahahahaha

Agoraphobia (ag-uh-ruh-FOE-be-uh) is a type of anxiety disorder in which you fear and often avoid places or situations that might cause you to panic and make you feel trapped, helpless or embarrassed.

Mysophobia, also known as verminophobia, germophobia, germaphobia, bacillophobia and bacteriophobia, is a pathological fear of contamination and germs.

Ataxophobia is the fear of disorder or untidiness. The origin of the word a is Greek (meaning no), taxo is Greek (meaning order) and phobia is Greek (meaning fear).