Sweet 16 V. Aqua

mringenoldus

We are on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda in May. We have adjacent Sweet 16 cabins on Deck 6 (6030&6028)

I am seeing that the price drops have made the A2 cabins similar in price. I can also book adjacent cabins. For those of you who have experience with the Sweet 16 and/or Aqua Class, which would be your preference for four adults?

Thanks, Maureen

If the Aqua class cabins are aft of 9108 starboard or its equals on the port side then I highly recommend you make the move. If the cabins are under the pool deck you might want to keep your sweet 16's if you are bothered by the early morning noise associated with any cabin under the pool area.

We've been on the Summit as recently as December and the Blu restaurant its cuisine and staff are worth the switch.

On the Constellation the last 2 years (same class)

2 years ago had AQ on Deck 11, open balcony (not everyone's choice, but I LOVED it) & LOVED Blu

Last year Sweet 16--meh. Covered. Deck above us covered under same overhang so they look right over onto our balcony, but they are close to the overhang. Weird. Fairly large pool of water on the balcony every day. Yes, ti was larger but we rarely used it.

Thanks! I just sent an email to my sister outlining the pros and cons to see what her preference might be. I am a little disappointed to learn that the Summit doesn't have the heated thermal lounger like the S class has. I really enjoyed those on Princess

Edited by mringenoldus

The A2 cabins are larger than the standard balcony cabins on the M class ships.The advantage of the "sweet 16" cabin is the larger balcony since it is otherwise a standard balcony cabin. The tables in Blu are all 2 tops but are close to the neighboring tables. You don't have to be social if you don't want to be but in the MDR you are likely to get a larger table even if you have requested a table for two. If the prices are very close, it is a no brainer decision.

So would my sister and BIL never be seated at the same table with us in BLU? That could be a deal breaker!

While there are a few larger tables, most of the Blu tables are indeed two tops. But we have traveled with friends and have had tables for six assembled by pushing three two-tops together. Dining with your sister and BIL should not be a problem, particularly if you are slightly flexible regarding dining times (i.e., not insisting to be seated immediately during Blu's most rushed time period).

And another quick comment -- we've done Aqua Class on both S- and M-class ships, and I definitely prefer Blu on the M-class ships.