Help Decide Hotel in Cocoa Beach

elklemi

I am undecided between Comfort Inn & Suites and LaQuinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach. Can anyone help me decide. I plan on parking at the hotel rather than parking at the port due to perceived congestion that morning. Tis is my first cruise out of Port Canaveral so I am not familiar with this port. Any opinion will be helpful. Thanks.

I am undecided between Comfort Inn & Suites and LaQuinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach. Can anyone help me decide. I plan on parking at the hotel rather than parking at the port due to perceived congestion that morning. Tis is my first cruise out of Port Canaveral so I am not familiar with this port. Any opinion will be helpful. Thanks.

Neither hotel offers secure parking as far as I know. Cars are parked in the open without fences.

For this reason please reconsider parking at the hotel instead of the Port. Both your hotels offer 40% port parking discounts and you will find it super convenient! Do not be concerned about congestion. Especially if you arrive just before 10:30am or after 1pm you will find things rather easy going.

I would pick the Comfort Inn because of the proximity of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance and the beach just a block east. But it depends on your interests and you have a vehicle so location is really unimportant! Either one will work thanks to your vehicle!

Here is a map with everything clearly marked.

We stayed at the La Quinta prior to our last cruise out of PC. We liked it alot. I would say the same as the above poster that I would not leave my car there for a week, but the hotel was clean, great center pool/entertainment area, excellent sports bar right there. We really enjoyed it. Free Breakfast, big surfwear/swimwear type shop right next door. Great price and we would stay there again.

The time before, we stayed at the Comfort Suites next to Ron Jon and while it's in walking distance to the beach and Ron Jon, the joint was really run down. Now that was about 4 years ago, so not sure if they've updated. We opted for a different hotel this time and glad we did.

can any one who use the 40% discount from the hotel tell me when they when to the ship in there car can you 1st park your car than take a shuttle back to board the ship Or can you 1st drop your bags 1st then park your car.I not sure the people moving people along will give you time to get out of your car & give the bags to the dock workers then get back in your car to park it.

can any one who use the 40% discount from the hotel tell me when they when to the ship in there car can you 1st park your car than take a shuttle back to board the ship Or can you 1st drop your bags 1st then park your car.I not sure the people moving people along will give you time to get out of your car & give the bags to the dock workers then get back in your car to park it.

No, it is much easier than that when you park ship side using the 40% discount. No shuttles - the garages are next to the ship!

1. Get the voucher from he hotel upon checkout and drive to the port.

2. You show the voucher to the attendant at the parking garage entrance and get your discount on the spot as you pay.

If you have a lot of luggage you can drop those first with the porters then go and park and walk back, or you can park first and hand your luggage to porters in the garage, or carry it yourself.

There will be people showing you what to do as you arrive!

To see the parking garage photos, please read this detailed description of the process.