Canadian all inclusive package to Caribbean

leenie77

Hi,

Has anyone taken their cruise as part of this promotion yet? I go next month on the Silhouette and I am wondering what the overall experience was like for those who have done it.

Have their been flight delays? What is the West Palm airport like? How was the hotel?

Thanks!

We are going again in April and it will be our third package out of Hamilton. You will not be disappointed with the package. We were on the Silhouette last year and we are looking forward to being back again in April. The past two packages the flight went to Miami. This year will be the first flight into Palm Beach airport so I can't help you with that. Please post when you come back and tell us what your experience was like.

If you go in the night before and are staying over you must be going to Florida from the east coast as we fly down the day of the cruise.

We did have a flight delay last year due to a snow storm. They held the ship for us and we went on to have a fantastic time. Have fun in the sun..

Hi,

Has anyone taken their cruise as part of this promotion yet? I go next month on the Silhouette and I am wondering what the overall experience was like for those who have done it.

Have their been flight delays? What is the West Palm airport like? How was the hotel?

Thanks!

We took the "It's All Included" Eastern Caribbean package from London Ont last April on Silhouette. We were thrilled, as we did not have to travel to Toronto or Detroit in order to catch a plane. We left directly from London Airport.

We were served a full hot breakfast on the way down and a full lunch on the way back. Service on the plane was top notch. We flew into Miami as well. The ship left from Ft Lauderdale. The package included transfers from Miami to Ft Lauderdale and Ft Lauderdale to Miami upon return. This flight was the same day as embarkation of the ship. Normally we would fly down to Florida the day before so this was the first time we flew down same day. The good thing about this package is we didn't have to worry about delays, as this was a Celebrity sponsored flight and the ship would wait for us if there was a problem. There were only 82 passengers on our flight so we were able to stretch out.

We had to clear customs in Miami so that was a little bit of a delay, but not a big deal. We have never flown into West Palm Beach, but I am sure it is not as busy an airport as Miami International. That's probably a good thing for you. The bright side was, when we returned, we were able to clear customs in London airport, which was a breeze.

We suspect Celebrity receives a very positive response on these offers to Canadians. You will enjoy this experience.

Randy

We took the "It's All Included" Eastern Caribbean package from London Ont last April on Silhouette. We were thrilled, as we did not have to travel to Toronto or Detroit in order to catch a plane. We left directly from London Airport.

We were served a full hot breakfast on the way down and a full lunch on the way back. Service on the plane was top notch. We flew into Miami as well. The ship left from Ft Lauderdale. The package included transfers from Miami to Ft Lauderdale and Ft Lauderdale to Miami upon return. This flight was the same day as embarkation of the ship. Normally we would fly down to Florida the day before so this was the first time we flew down same day. The good thing about this package is we didn't have to worry about delays, as this was a Celebrity sponsored flight and the ship would wait for us if there was a problem. There were only 82 passengers on our flight so we were able to stretch out.

We had to clear customs in Miami so that was a little bit of a delay, but not a big deal. We have never flown into West Palm Beach, but I am sure it is not as busy an airport as Miami International. That's probably a good thing for you. The bright side was, when we returned, we were able to clear customs in London airport, which was a breeze.

We suspect Celebrity receives a very positive response on these offers to Canadians. You will enjoy this experience.

Randy

Comforting to know if the flight is running a couple of hours late, but what if you're snowed in for a day? Less of a possibility for those flying out of London, but always a possibility here in Ottawa.

Comforting to know if the flight is running a couple of hours late, but what if you're snowed in for a day? Less of a possibility for those flying out of London, but always a possibility here in Ottawa.

London's a mess today so this system is heading your way. I believe there was a major delay with one of the flights out of PEI or Halifax last year and the ship waited. Now I'm pretty sure that was a same day arrival. If there is a full day's delay, I don't believe the ship would necessarily wait, but it would be Celebrity's responsibility to get you all to the first point of call. You might miss a day or so depending on the itinerary but you would catch up. If you had a delay in a flight arranged personally, then it is your responsibility to catch up.

It may not be perfect, but it does give you some peace of mind.

Randy

Hi,

What is the West Palm airport like? How was the hotel?

Thanks!

I love West Palm airport and have booked my own flights there a couple of times. Much more relaxed than FLL or MIA and only about 50 minutes from Port Everglades.

Robert

I love West Palm airport and have booked my own flights there a couple of times. Much more relaxed than FLL or MIA and only about 50 minutes from Port Everglades.

Robert

How long would you say it took to deplane get through customs and security? We fly out at 700 and providing the flight is on time should be there around 1000. Would it be safe to say it would take an hour to get to the buses and 50 min ride to the cruise port. If we get to the port after 12 it is going to be very busy place thanks

Our flight was 3 hours late leaving. Celebrity rep said that the worst case scenario she was told by Miami was that if we could not get out then that they were going to fly us to the first port of call which was Mexico. They held the ship for us till we got there. Don't worry you are in good hands with Celebrity.

How long would you say it took to deplane get through customs and security? We fly out at 700 and providing the flight is on time should be there around 1000. Would it be safe to say it would take an hour to get to the buses and 50 min ride to the cruise port. If we get to the port after 12 it is going to be very busy place thanks

IIRC it was just over an hour from landing to rental car :)

Robert

London's a mess today so this system is heading your way. I believe there was a major delay with one of the flights out of PEI or Halifax last year and the ship waited. Now I'm pretty sure that was a same day arrival. If there is a full day's delay, I don't believe the ship would necessarily wait, but it would be Celebrity's responsibility to get you all to the first point of call. You might miss a day or so depending on the itinerary but you would catch up. If you had a delay in a flight arranged personally, then it is your responsibility to catch up.

It may not be perfect, but it does give you some peace of mind.

Randy

Our flight was 3 hours late leaving. Celebrity rep said that the worst case scenario she was told by Miami was that if we could not get out then that they were going to fly us to the first port of call which was Mexico. They held the ship for us till we got there. Don't worry you are in good hands with Celebrity.

Our next cruise in March starts with two sea days before reaching St. Maarten. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if they put us up there while waiting, but I suspect we'd not fly out of Miami until the day of the ship's arrival, meaning we'd miss another half a day or so.

Unless there was a significant dollar saving, I think I'd stick to our normal separate booking of flights, although these package deals do sound very tempting. :)

Edited by Fouremco

IIRC it was just over an hour from landing to rental car :)

Robert

Robert thanks for your info.. When we go on our own we try to get to the port at 1030. Great time to go as there are not too long a wait to get in the ship.

Randy

Hate to sound negative but our experience wasn't good. With bad weather, same day could be a problem. We took the all inclusive out of London last March - first and last time. No problem with cruise. Our flight departing was on time, but weather in the east was terrible. This made their flights late and our flight landed BEHIND the other two so there were hundreds of people in line waiting for the buses from Miami to Ft Lauderdale. No bus in sight for over an hour and no answers to the many questions. DH has walking/standing problems if it's a long wait so finally we took a cab (45 minutes and around $100 US with tip). I can only imagine the chaos when they all arrived at the terminal. Bus and flight home was fine. Not the highest end plane but they treated us well. No doubt that's why they're now doing an overnight hotel for the eastern provinces and landing in a city other than Miami which was a nightmare navigating as this airline doesn't have the best assigned terminal; far to Customs, baggage, and exit. Without the weather glitch, taking this all-inclusive is a good thing. I hear this is a test to perhaps extend to other cities (including the US).

We just got back Sunday Feb 14.. Did book and go out of Moncton. Flight was on time heading to West Palm Beach despite a major snow storm the day before. We got to airport early to make sure we got seats together others weren't so lucky. Flight was great... They served us a nice breakfast .

West Palm Beach airport was a breeze... Buses were waiting for us and check into Marriott was quick and easy. We spent a lovely afternoon at City Place before having a late supper at the Bistro at hotel. Next morning buses arrived at 10 to take us to cruise port and we were checked onto ship by 11:30 ... It was great!!! Coming back was not as smooth... After we left ship it was very confusing .... And we had a long wait outside waiting for buses to take us to airport... Our boarding tickets were waiting for us at the counter with pre assigned seats... We ended up being assigned aisle seats across from each other ... No problem but other people not so happy and wanting to change... Announcement was made that seating would be open... Lol.... People were not happy with that either...lol...we finally got to board about thirty minutes later not knowing what the plan was... Everyone just rushed in and grabbed the best they could get.... The last on weren't lucky.... But let me tell you ... Ive never seen a plane fill up so fast.. Ok then were all ready to go but nothing is happening... Attendants pass out snacks and water... Still nothing ... Door still open... We are told that they are waiting for two passengers ... They never did show up... Then we are told we need more fuel... Finally after another thirty minutes the door is closed... Great ... But then... Oh no ... The door opens again .... I believe it was just for more bottled water. Door closed again and off we go .... Nice meal served... Smooth flight and back home to Moncton -18 C

We just got back Sunday Feb 14.. Did book and go out of Moncton. Flight was on time heading to West Palm Beach despite a major snow storm the day before. We got to airport early to make sure we got seats together others weren't so lucky. Flight was great... They served us a nice breakfast .

West Palm Beach airport was a breeze... Buses were waiting for us and check into Marriott was quick and easy. We spent a lovely afternoon at City Place before having a late supper at the Bistro at hotel. Next morning buses arrived at 10 to take us to cruise port and we were checked onto ship by 11:30 ... It was great!!! Coming back was not as smooth... After we left ship it was very confusing .... And we had a long wait outside waiting for buses to take us to airport... Our boarding tickets were waiting for us at the counter with pre assigned seats... We ended up being assigned aisle seats across from each other ... No problem but other people not so happy and wanting to change... Announcement was made that seating would be open... Lol.... People were not happy with that either...lol...we finally got to board about thirty minutes later not knowing what the plan was... Everyone just rushed in and grabbed the best they could get.... The last on weren't lucky.... But let me tell you ... Ive never seen a plane fill up so fast.. Ok then were all ready to go but nothing is happening... Attendants pass out snacks and water... Still nothing ... Door still open... We are told that they are waiting for two passengers ... They never did show up... Then we are told we need more fuel... Finally after another thirty minutes the door is closed... Great ... But then... Oh no ... The door opens again .... I believe it was just for more bottled water. Door closed again and off we go .... Nice meal served... Smooth flight and back home to Moncton -18 C

Thanks macdl!

What time did you get to the hotel? I'm glad the airport was a breeze!

We leave next Sunday out of Hamilton....I am looking forward to the convenience of this,.....especially this time of the year!! With our exchange rate being so bad at the moment...I did a lot of the math and really thought it was only a bit more than normal...so we thought "What the heck" lets try it!

Right now...I think its a good idea...lol...but I will post a review and let you know

how we made out with the whole thing and if we thought it was worth the money.

Brockmom

Brockmom It would be great if you post your experience. I would like to know what your experience was at the Palm Beach airport. What time you get to the cruise port and if there were long lines when you got there. We have taken the package for the last two years and will be going again in April. I will listen for your plane to take off as we are only 10 min from the airport. Have a fantastic cruise.

We leave next Sunday out of Hamilton....I am looking forward to the convenience of this,.....especially this time of the year!! With our exchange rate being so bad at the moment...I did a lot of the math and really thought it was only a bit more than normal...so we thought "What the heck" lets try it!

Right now...I think its a good idea...lol...but I will post a review and let you know

how we made out with the whole thing and if we thought it was worth the money.

Brockmom

I'm looking forward to your review! I hope you are having a wonderful time. :)

We (3 couples) were just on the Feb 6 Superbowl cruise. We did the all inclusive from Ottawa.

The experience was great. Arrival at the airport and on to the Canadian North counter to get our seats and check in ur bags. The flight was very good,leg room was more than on other charters I have been on. Free booze if you want and they even serve a meal. In Ottawa we go through US customs in Ottawa so we avoided customs in Mami.

We left on time and got to Miami on time. Thee were Celebrity folks there to guide us to the carousel to pick up our luggage and to show us to the buses.The shuttle bus service takes you right to the port. Once at the port, you just go through the check in process. I am surprised how many people did not do the online check in. It really slows down the line and people start to get testy. Please check in online.

The cruise was great and you can read reviews elsewhere.

On the way back, we got special luggage tags delivered to our cabin. We waited for our embarkation times and went to get our bags and flew through US customs and on to the bus for the ride to the airport. Again, lined up to check in our luggage and get our seats assigned. One thing, if you want duty free stuff, or some last minute shopping, you need to get it before you go through security. The Canadian North flight gate is in the oldest part of the airport and there are very limited shops and eateries (only 2 places to get food).

We departed on time and arrived home on time.

All in all, it was a very good way to go.

I disagree that we could have gotten an better deal a la carte, the air, cruise, drink package, OBC and gratuities and taxes and fees and transport worked out to quite a bit cheaper than if I made all the arrangements separately. I priced them and it would have cost more (from Ottawa, I cannot say form other localities).

The only downsides were that we had to go down when the flight left and had to come back on the designated flight, if we wanted to stay in Miami any longer (which really crossed our mind as it was minus 25 in Ottawa when we arrived LOL), there is no opportunity to make those changes. That and there is no opportunity to pre-select seats, first come first served so, if you are last in line, you get whatever seats re left (middle seats for sure LOL).

It was a good deal and we will do it again.

Edited by pete_coach

• 2 weeks later...