Allure specialty restaurants

sross6019

We dined at Chops twice and Sambas once a few weeks ago on Allure - Christmas 2015.

We were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere, service and food at Chops - we went back on Christmas Day. We did upgrade the steaks the 2nd night, but it wasn't necessary as the filets on the menu were also good. Desserts are not quite as good as they have been in the past.

Sambas, we wish we had skipped. It is in the Solarium and was warm and humid - smelled a bit like chlorine, but that could have just been our table. The salad bar was nice with a good variety. You no longer get plates of roasted veggies - you get bowls of french fries and a few bananas and a couple of sliced pieces of veggie. Service for the meat was dreadfully slow. We sat with empty plates and glasses for 15 -20 minutes at a time. Several of the meat selections were tough and salty. We did like the lamb chops and the filet, but they arrived very late in the evening when we were tired and the ladies were full.

For a special occasion - I'd go with Chops.

We did have a great meal at Giovanni's - but it is family style and less formal.

Since you have made your choice

All I know is I paid the upsell charge for the aged porterhouse on our Allure cruise in Oct and it definantly wasn't worth the extra money:eek: