Went onboard Freedom on Feb 8, got off the 13th

Cruiserbarbie

Got off the Freedom this morning after a great, warm, sunfilled trip!

Embarking: made very easy with having to schedule an embarkation time. We just kept walking right through the process, no lines, no delays. I gussied myself up for the photo but as we had just gotten new passports, they did not need to take a photo.

On board: Our onboard access time was 1130-noon, so were ready for lunch at noon. Access to room is at 1:30 but I scouted it out at 1 and it was ready so we unpacked.

Embarkation Lunch: Guy's was packed at noon but passing by at 1230 lines were gone. So many other choices, so up to you.

Library: I had a pile of books I brought with me just in case and so glad I did. Library is almost just cabin size and selection tended toward the obscure, so happy I had my own supply (which I donated). It is open 24/7 and unmanned, so great access as on cruises I am a frequent patron.

Self-service laundry: listed on the FunTimes, the laundries are located opposite rooms 1359, 2367, 6387, 8351 and 9270. Not listed is 7339. Washer is $3 as is dryer, detergent is $1.50 as is liquid softener. All charges are with the sea card.

Seaday Brunch: 830-130, was very nice and the menu is at carnival.com, great pastry basket.

Tea Time: a nice, quiet break in the middle of the day and lovely desserts and pax that you can count on one hand.

Entertainment: I go to the early shows, PG. Tommy Drake was very funny and is very talented. 80's Pop, Rock n Roll and 88 Keys were all great. I am constantly amazed at the talent aboard ship and how they put together great acts.

Cabin: 7434, balcony, very back of the ship, port. Extra large balcony with a lounger, a glass door and large window. No couch, but a table and chair. Shower was great as there was no stationary door so appeared larger and not as claustrophobic as a glass shower door. There is an entry of about 6 feet by 3 feet but really serves no purpose. Quiet and very little motion considering being at the back of the ship.

Bath: wall dispensers of shampoo and shower gel. Very thin, really liquidy but I bring my own. There is no conditioner provided.

Posh Restaurant: great staff and Lara, Rommel and Michael were our special servers. I wrote to the Matrie'D for a special request and he was extremely accommodating. He came over the first night to make sure we were happy with our request!

Table Artist: a special category for Shurush, the Table Artist or Restaurant Magician. Fantastic! Incredible! How does he do it? Wonderful! Did his magic right at the table and included me in 3 magical tricks that were just fabulous!

FunTimes: first newsletter on about 20 cruises we have been on that had no spelling errors- my pet peeve! Kudos!

Leaving the ship: returning from Early Dining on the last night the TV was on the ship's channel with the disembarkation process. There was also a special newsletter detailing the disembarkation process, tags and a 2nd disembarkation letter on the Customs process. The procedures was very clearly spelled out.

We were able to leave the ship early, had about a 10 minute line at Customs although it looked like it would take us awhile and we walked to the parking lot and were on the road within 35 minutes from beginning to end.

Food: lots of choices so there is no reason to settle for "bad" food or food you don't happen to like. We ate in the Posh every night and always had so many more choices than I could settle on. Always came hot except the cold fruit soups which I choose every night they were available as they were delicious.

Serenity Deck for over 21's: the best.

A short 5 days but sunfilled, and funfilled.

FunTimes: first newsletter on about 20 cruises we have been on that had no spelling errors- my pet peeve! Kudos!

LOL, and I thought I was the only one that proofreads everything sent to the cabin. Only problems I spotted on my last cruise were in the spa specials. I was tempted to try the "hot, stoned" massage.