Linking reservations

Last cruise I wasn't able to link our friends, so we all went to MTD and I informed the head waiter that there would be 7 of us instead of the 3 booked. I had no problem. I tried to book our friends but they may have been under a group booking. The other couple I didn't get their reservation # but it still worked out.

We always do My Time Dining and travel with my brother and wife. If we book a cruise on board - that is when we link our reservation. When we book at home, I must request the 2 reservations to be linked and then the RCCL agent calls my brother and asks if it is, "OK". We find it is easier to link our reservations. I cannot find anyway to link from our computer:confused:

If you make reservation, it will ask if you would like to add another party, just put in there booking number and it is done.

My TA says she can't link my two reservations (we have 2 cabins for our family of 4, booked as two reservations I guess) because we are signed up for My Time Dining.

Is that true, that you can only link reservations if you have early or late dining?

That seems odd...

And is there anything wrong with leaving them "unlinked"?

Not true, I linked us with our friends reservation number when I called Royal Caribbean and we have MTD.

I was under the impression that the only point of linking is for traditional seating in the MDR. Is there more that I'm missing?

Actually, if you're using the cruise planner on the website linking or 'cross referencing' another reservation to yours also allows for booking entertainment or shows together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually, if you're using the cruise planner on the website linking or 'cross referencing' another reservation to yours also allows for booking entertainment or shows together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

OK. Good to know. It's usually just the two of us and we don't book anything through the planner. I'll have to keep it in mind when cruising with our adult kids.

Edited by Big_G

Contacted our TA and got the linking done for the most part, but strange things happen. On the first leg they could link two of the three friends we are traveling with. Couldn't link number three, cause they can't find the reservation. Asked for the reservation number agian, and it's the correct one.

On leg number two, we are traveling with one of the three couples from above. Well they couldn't link our reservations there, cause they were made in different countries. That is very strange, cause for the first leg the three reservations were made in the US too. I'll just call and see what they have to say. Very strange indeed.

Cindy

Contacted our TA and got the linking done for the most part, but strange things happen. On the first leg they could link two of the three friends we are traveling with. Couldn't link number three, cause they can't find the reservation. Asked for the reservation number agian, and it's the correct one.

On leg number two, we are traveling with one of the three couples from above. Well they couldn't link our reservations there, cause they were made in different countries. That is very strange, cause for the first leg the three reservations were made in the US too. I'll just call and see what they have to say. Very strange indeed.

Cindy

Another restriction is that group reservations cannot be linked with other reservations not in that group.

Bob - I was able to do this on my Indy cruise. It just took some work. My friends had to link to me. And like I said it never showed in my res, but it did in theirs.

Thanks for the update Matt. Maybe they have changed their system, but I was always told by Royal and my TA that folks in a group booking could not be linked with those not in the same group booking.

Thanks for the update Matt. Maybe they have changed their system, but I was always told by Royal and my TA that folks in a group booking could not be linked with those not in the same group booking.

I don't think this is a group booking, we all booked seperately. I'll just call Royal over the weekend. And there's always the Maitre D :)

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Of course with Royal IT it's all a moving target! :)

Edited by MattInFLL

The dining email worked like a charm! Thank you for posting. Although, only one was able to link, as one of the reservation numbers i have wasn't correct. So, now, I'll see if they can do it by names. Lol. Glad we still have lots of time before we embark!

The dining email worked like a charm! Thank you for posting. Although, only one was able to link, as one of the reservation numbers i have wasn't correct. So, now, I'll see if they can do it by names. Lol. Glad we still have lots of time before we embark!

I would print the email response and have it with you when you board. On two recent cruises, our table had been changed between the time we got the email and when we boarded. Check out your table location after you board, and speak to the Maitre D' if it's not what you were promised.

Thank you, Bob. I consider your advice gospel in the land of Rccl. I will update as I receive a reply. I have been moving the emails for this trips to an email folder, but will print them all out once it is sorted..

Thanks again,

Sarah