Anthem Dining

Nana57

I'm on the Anthem of the Seas next November and confused about the dining options. Do I have to book these restaurants before I sail? We take the early seating on all our cruises. There is no set dining room on this ship? We have to choose between the complimentary ones? Coastal Kitchen, Grande, American Icon Grill, Chic?

It's very different from what you're probably used to.

There are two options for Dynamic Dining (what they call it on Anthem)

--Dynamic Dining Classic: You dine at a set time (usually like 6:00 or 8:30) every night, at the same table number, with the same table mates and the same wait staff. But the restaurant rotates through American Icon, Silk, The Grande, and Chic--all complementary restaurants. So, if you are at table 102 which is a table for 6 with Luis as your server on the first night in American Icon, you will be at table 102, a table for 6, with Luis as your server the next night at, say, Silk. On day 5, the rotation starts over.

--Dynamic Dining Choice: you have No assigned table or dining time. You can book your dining before sailing (online). Or you can book onboard, either at the start of the cruise for the whole week, or the day of or the day before. Or you can just walk up when and where you want to eat, and if there's a table, you'll sit. If not, you'll wait or go elsewhere. I never had any trouble getting a table for 2 at any time, and our group of 5 was able to make reservations without a problem.

The Solarium Bistro is another complimentary restaurant, but it isn't on the rotation. Worth trying, or at least looking at the menu to see if it appeals to you. DO NOT go there for breakfast or lunch and base your decision on that--it's a totally different setup for B/L vs D.

Coastal Kitchen is only available to those who are sailing in a suite (or maybe Pinnacle members can go too? I forget...) Also complementary, and not in the rotation.

Enjoy!

Edited by GolfMom321

Thank you. I see they gave us Dynamic dining. We are 4 people. Prefer my set dining at 6. So if we just show up at any venue it will be fine?

Again, it depends if you have Dynamic Dining Classic or Dynamic Dining Choice. ALL of Anthem's dining is Dynamic Dining but it's either choice or classic. If it's Classic then you will receive your rotation. If it's Choice you can show up to any restaurant (think of Dynamic Dining Choice as My Time Dining on steroids).

Guest maddycat

--Dynamic Dining Classic: You dine at a set time (usually like 6:00 or 8:30) every night, at the same table number, with the same table mates and the same wait staff. But the restaurant rotates through American Icon, Silk, The Grande, and Chic--all complementary restaurants. So, if you are at table 102 which is a table for 6 with Luis as your server on the first night in American Icon, you will be at table 102, a table for 6, with Luis as your server the next night at, say, Silk. On day 5, the rotation starts over.

--Dynamic Dining Choice: you have No assigned table or dining time. You can book your dining before sailing (online). Or you can book onboard, either at the start of the cruise for the whole week, or the day of or the day before. Or you can just walk up when and where you want to eat, and if there's a table, you'll sit. If not, you'll wait or go elsewhere. I never had any trouble getting a table for 2 at any time, and our group of 5 was able to make reservations without a problem.

The Solarium Bistro is another complimentary restaurant, but it isn't on the rotation. Worth trying, or at least looking at the menu to see if it appeals to you. DO NOT go there for breakfast or lunch and base your decision on that--it's a totally different setup for B/L vs D.

Coastal Kitchen is only available to those who are sailing in a suite (or maybe Pinnacle members can go too? I forget...) Also complementary, and not in the rotation.

Enjoy!

Excellent explanation of DD dining.

Guest maddycat
Thank you. I see they gave us Dynamic dining. We are 4 people. Prefer my set dining at 6. So if we just show up at any venue it will be fine?

If you want to eat at 6:00 every night and don't want to book the various complimentary restaurants online, you can call RCI and have them book the restaurants for you. If you booked through a travel agent you can call your travel agent and have him book the restaurants for you.

Not quite a dinner question, but:

What are the later evening snack options on Anthem? Is it only Sorrento's after 9pm? No Cafe Promenade type option? I'm a night owl and like a late night snack. Not a huge fan of their pizza though.

(Also, Coastal Kitchen is open to JS and higher for dinner on Anthem. The "real" suites and Pinnacles can go there for breakfast and lunch as well.)

Edited by MattInFLL

What are the later evening snack options on Anthem? Is it only Sorrento's after 9pm? No Cafe Promenade type option? I'm a night owl and like a late night snack. Not a huge fan of their pizza though.

(Also, Coastal Kitchen is open to JS and higher for dinner on Anthem. The "real" suites and Pinnacles can go there for breakfast and lunch as well.)

Cafe promenade is open 24 hours.

Excellent explanation of DD dining.

Thanks! Hope it helped.

Cafe Promenade is open 24/7 but has really limited options. (their cookies are to die for, though...) Unfortunately, WJ closes ridiculously early (like 9 pm), and there's nowhere to get something like fruit for an evening snack, unless you think ahead and bring it back to your cabin earlier in the day.

Michael's Geniune Pub is open late, but you have to pay for that, as well as La Patisserie.

Can guests who are on the classic plan opt out of their assigned rotation one night to dine at Solarium Bistro? Or can you only opt out if you dine at a pay restaurant?

You can opt out for any reason.

You can opt out for any reason.

Taking it one step further, can a classic guest show up to a different restaurant from where they 'should' be at any time and be seated without a reservation? I.E. If we are disappointed in Silk the first time we dine there, can we skip it the second time we're assigned and show up at the Grande instead?

Taking it one step further, can a classic guest show up to a different restaurant from where they 'should' be at any time and be seated without a reservation? I.E. If we are disappointed in Silk the first time we dine there, can we skip it the second time we're assigned and show up at the Grande instead?

Not really. You can try, but that's not how the Choice and Classic options work. You can certainly skip Silk the second time around, but you should go instead to a pay restaurant or the Windjammer or (my choice would be) the Solarium Bistro. You need a reservation at SB, but there is no charge.

Not really. You can try, but that's not how the Choice and Classic options work. You can certainly skip Silk the second time around, but you should go instead to a pay restaurant or the Windjammer or (my choice would be) the Solarium Bistro. You need a reservation at SB, but there is no charge.

Thank you for the explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can go anywhere you want as long as you are willing to wait. Without a reservation you are taking a chance, particularly during the prime dinner hours (6:30pm to 8pm). Then sometimes you can go right in.

Thanks! Hope it helped.

Cafe Promenade is open 24/7 but has really limited options. (their cookies are to die for, though...) Unfortunately, WJ closes ridiculously early (like 9 pm), and there's nowhere to get something like fruit for an evening snack, unless you think ahead and bring it back to your cabin earlier in the day.

Michael's Geniune Pub is open late, but you have to pay for that, as well as La Patisserie.

Are you sure the WJ no longer has a 24 hour station? It is still listed on their website. When we were on the Quantum, it was a regular end of the evening adventure.

Are you sure the WJ no longer has a 24 hour station? It is still listed on their website. When we were on the Quantum, it was a regular end of the evening adventure.

Quantum had it. Anthem does not.

Like all other RC ships, when dinner service ends at 9 or 9:30, the WJ is closed until the following morning.

:(

Enjoy!

Thought I had it figured out till I looked at my reservation. This is exactly what it shows: Dining Preference: Dynamic Open (Available). Any idea of what that is? Thanks.