Anthem Dining

Nana57

Thought I had it figured out till I looked at my reservation. This is exactly what it shows: Dining Preference: Dynamic Open (Available). Any idea of what that is? Thanks.

Haven't heard of that one. I thought there was only Choice and Classic. I'd call C&A and ask for an explantion. I'm curious what they say.

Edited by clarea

Taking it one step further, can a classic guest show up to a different restaurant from where they 'should' be at any time and be seated without a reservation? I.E. If we are disappointed in Silk the first time we dine there, can we skip it the second time we're assigned and show up at the Grande instead?

my suggestion is book a specialty or solarium on the night you don't like to go back. If you are disappointed with silk the first night, book a speciality or solarium as soon as you can. This way if you like other it still on your rotation.ay the table with your same waiter. Also the other tips is you can order a dish from the restaurant across the hall because both restaurant is connected to one huge kitchen. This way you can get american icon dish inside the silk restaurant.

Good to know - thanks.

Is the Cafe Promenade more limited than it is on, say, Liberty/Freedom/Indy?

Never a huge selection, but there was usually something to take the edge off later in the evening. And yes, great cookies :)

Sorry, haven't been on anything but Anthem since 1995!

They have some odd sandwiches and that sort of thing--nothing that appealed to us. And some pastries. We usually just got the cookies... :D

my suggestion is book a specialty or solarium on the night you don't like to go back. If you are disappointed with silk the first night, book a speciality or solarium as soon as you can. This way if you like other it still on your rotation.ay the table with your same waiter. Also the other tips is you can order a dish from the restaurant across the hall because both restaurant is connected to one huge kitchen. This way you can get american icon dish inside the silk restaurant.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Cafe Promenade more limited than it is on, say, Liberty/Freedom/Indy?

Never a huge selection, but there was usually something to take the edge off later in the evening. And yes, great cookies :)

That's also no lemonade or iced tea at Cafe Promenade (or Sorrento's), which really annoyed me since my wife like to get some to take back to our cabin to drink with her pills after the show, when WJ was long closed. I mentioned it to the Diamond Lounge Concierge, who to his credit passed it on to one of the dining people, who called and told me that they didn't have it. I said that I know and that they should because it's available on the other ships, to which her answer was that they don't. She told me I could order it via room service. I said no thanks.

Of course this would not have been an issue if WJ had at least a small section open later than 9pm, so you could get drinks and cookies.

Edited by MisterBill99

Haven't heard of that one. I thought there was only Choice and Classic. I'd call C&A and ask for an explantion. I'm curious what they say.

As you recommended, I called C&A. They said that it's simply open dining as I choose. Just show up in any restaurant and you will be seated. Sounded good to me. They did recommend making a reservation for dining so when you do show up you will be seated immediately instead of a chance of waiting. Thanks.

As you recommended, I called C&A. They said that it's simply open dining as I choose. Just show up in any restaurant and you will be seated. Sounded good to me. They did recommend making a reservation for dining so when you do show up you will be seated immediately instead of a chance of waiting. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like Dynamic Open is another name for Dynamic Choice. Royal loves to confuse us.

Thought I had it figured out till I looked at my reservation. This is exactly what it shows: Dining Preference: Dynamic Open (Available). Any idea of what that is? Thanks.

Available sounds like it's telling you that type of dining is still available to book (as opposed to wait list). When I login to the RC website to view my upcoming Anthem cruise and open the cruise details, it tells me:

Dinner Seating: Dynamic Dining Choice lets you enjoy the flexibility to choose your preferred restaurant and dining time each night.