Celebrity Cruise's Unfair Pricing?

meengla

Hi,

I thought my question is general enough to be posted here? I think it would be interesting to see what other fellow cruisers are saying about different cruise lines. Frankly, I had booked directly through Celebrity despite the fact that some 3rd party/travel agency was providing at least a small OBC.

If the moderator thinks the question is not general enough then they could move the thread?

Thanks for the suggestion.

each line has their town policy about handling things after final payment date has passed. and yes Celebrity( and Royal ) DO NOT honor any new pricing or perks once final payment date has passed. this has been policy for a good year if not longer.

So I have reasons to expect Celebrity to be generous--especially if they sort of guarantee best prices.

WHY?! two entirely different companies. I do not go into JCP and expect them to match prices on a similar( NOT identical) item that Sears has.

We usually book inside the final payment window. Prices have dropped but we do not have as good a selection of cabins. Often just a gty. And more often than not we are looking at three cruises and select the one that has been discounted. Sometimes they drop even further after we have bought.

Once we buy, that's it. We understand no re-pricing and we do not expect any consideration.

Are you suggesting that everyone on the ship get re-priced to the lowest price prior to sailing? What about an airplane? Same thing? Or that winter coat that is going on sale later this month. Should the person who bought it in November, and had their pick of colour and size, be entitled to a reduced price. I don't think so.

We usually book inside the final payment window. Prices have dropped but we do not have as good a selection of cabins. Often just a gty. And more often than not we are looking at three cruises and select the one that has been discounted. Sometimes they drop even further after we have bought.

Perhaps that's what we too should have done.

Anyway, appreciate all the feedback above.