Table for two on the Summit

Can you tell me how difficult it is to obtain a table for two by the window in the MDR for the late service (8:30)? We are looking for romantic evenings (:D) and I read about the tables for two being so close to each others... Thanks!

Edited by 250373
Typo

I have been on the Summit many times. Mostly to Bermuda. At 8:30 there may be some light outside the window, but by the time you have looked at the menu, it doesn't really matter if you have a window seat or not. It is DARK outside.

Yes, sometimes we have been quite close to our neighbors, even our neighbors neighbors have talked to us. After a while, we all return to our table mate. Should you be unhappy, there is the maître de to help out. We are looking forward to our first select dining option this May.

I have been on the Summit many times. Mostly to Bermuda. At 8:30 there may be some light outside the window, but by the time you have looked at the menu, it doesn't really matter if you have a window seat or not. It is DARK outside.

Yes, sometimes we have been quite close to our neighbors, even our neighbors neighbors have talked to us. After a while, we all return to our table mate. Should you be unhappy, there is the maître de to help out. We are looking forward to our first select dining option this May.

Thank you Corgis mom! I figured that we wouldn't see much of anything outside the window at that time but it was more for the tables setting, based on my previous cruises on RCL (there was more space). Thank you for sharing your experience with MDR setting, i'm reassured. It's not that we don't want to talk to people, it's just because English is not my first language and I'm intimidated/shy to speak English in public :o.

Thanks again and have a good day! :)

Jeez...you'll have 23 other hours to be "romantic"....there are plenty of tables for 2!

But why waist that hour??? :cool::p

Thank you cb at sea, it's good to know there are plenty of small table. I assume it shouldn't be an issue to get one!

Have a great day! :)

Can you tell me how difficult it is to obtain a table for two by the window in the MDR for the late service (8:30)? We are looking for romantic evenings (:D) and I read about the tables for two being so close to each others... Thanks!

When you first board the summit go to the MDR to verify your table size and location. Any questions or concerns with your table you can always speak with the Maître D. We did a B2B Cruise on the Summit and had a great table for two (not any closer to other tables of other sizes) for both legs of the Cruise. FYI...we did notice some two tops that were located by the wall when you first entered the dining room. Horrible location to eat.

Edited by davekathy

When you first board the summit go to the MDR to verify your table size and location. Any questions or concerns with your table you can always speak with the Maître D. We did a B2B Cruise on the Summit and had a great table for two (not any closer to other tables of other sizes) for both legs of the Cruise. FYI...we did notice some two tops that were located by the wall when you first entered the dining room. Horrible location to eat.

Great info! Thank you! :)

250373 - Don't worry about English not being your first language. Being on board is a great chance to practice. As a retired teacher I was told that I was teaching a class of Spanish speakers since nobody else spoke any Spanish. It all worked out just fine. We invited some French speakers and ended up eating together most nights. Their English and my Spanish and we figured it out. Often pretty funny and definitely enjoyable.

Also I certainly agree that many of the 2 tops are in the main walking aisles.

If you switch to Select Dining you will be on the second floor. The best tables for 2 are private and along the side of the railing looking over the downstairs and traditional dining. On both our Summit cruises we would ask for table by the railing and explained that we didn't mind waiting. It never took long 10 - 15 minutes with a pager but we always ended up with a really nice table for 2. We tried to be seated at least 10 -15 minutes before the traditional dining was seated. It is so much fun to watch the waiters rushing around trying to get it all ready in time and then the herd of diners scurrying in to get their spots.

My husband and I love chatting with others before diner at the Martini Bar but really enjoy our evening meal alone.

I would like to thank you all for your replies. Based on the useful information you have provided us, we have decided to switch to select dining. :)

It's a snow storm here today... I'll continue to read your posts and day-dream of my upcoming cruise! Have a great day! :D

My husband and I love chatting with others before diner at the Martini Bar but really enjoy our evening meal alone.

Monicajay, this is exactly our style too! Always interesting to meet people from around the globe but we enjoy our meal just by ourselves. That's the beauty of cruising: there is something to fit everyone's preference!

I would like to thank you all for your replies. Based on the useful information you have provided us, we have decided to switch to select dining. :)

It's a snow storm here today... I'll continue to read your posts and day-dream of my upcoming cruise! Have a great day! :D

Good choice! The first night they seemed reluctant to give us a table 'by the rail' but by the 3rd, they realized we were in no rush and would gladly wait as long as needed to get what we wanted. After two wonderful cruises on The Summit, I'm just hoping that the Reflection is set up the same way.