Qsine- as a solo?

WrittenOnYourHeart

I'm definitely intrigued by the concept and things I've heard about Qsine and would love to try it.

BUT...I cruise solo.

Everything I've read has talked about the amount of food even for couples and groups. Would it be stupid to try and eat there solo?

Not at all..

Look at it this way: Most likely you are going to consume the same amount of food either way, whether you go solo or with a group.

The key is to be selective.

Only eat the things you really want and like.

Many of the dishes come with accompaniments that you may not want, but some people fill up on them anyway just because they are there - things like bread or soup or rice or potatoes or salad.

Then they are full after only a few dishes, and never even get to try the "good" stuff.

The way I see it, I can have bread or soup or salad or rice or potatoes almost anywhere.

When I go to Qsine, I want to eat the special things that are unique to Qsine,

or the items I really like at Qsine that are not readily available elsewhere on the ship.

Look over the menu, which comes on an i-pad, and discuss it with your server.

If you are ordering a dish that comes with a lot of different accompaniments included, you can ask your server to bring you only the things you want.

(Sometimes they will say to eat only what you want, leave the rest behind and don't worry about it.)

An example would be M's Favorites, a large box with many compartments. You can ask about all the different items that come in the box, and then specify that you only want certain ones, or only eat the ones you like.

If you receive items you don't want, or order something unfamiliar because you just want to try it, there is nothing wrong with taking a bite to see if you like it.

Then if you don't, stop eating it right there.

Don't let anyone intimidate you into thinking that you must go to Qsine with a large group, if that is not what you want to do.

Some people are just more sociable than others.

Also, don't let anyone intimidate you into thinking that you must eat everything on your plate. :eek:

If you meet others on your cruise with whom you decide to share the Qsine experience, that would be very nice, but you should also be able to enjoy a very nice meal there if you go by yourself.

Not at all..

Look at it this way: Most likely you are going to consume the same amount of food either way, whether you go solo or with a group.

The key is to be selective.

Only eat the things you really want and like.

Many of the dishes come with accompaniments that you may not want, but some people fill up on them anyway just because they are there - things like bread or soup or rice or potatoes or salad.

Then they are full after only a few dishes, and never even get to try the "good" stuff.

The way I see it, I can have bread or soup or salad or rice or potatoes almost anywhere.

When I go to Qsine, I want to eat the special things that are unique to Qsine,

or the items I really like at Qsine that are not readily available elsewhere on the ship.

Look over the menu, which comes on an i-pad, and discuss it with your server.

If you are ordering a dish that comes with a lot of different accompaniments included, you can ask your server to bring you only the things you want.

(Sometimes they will say to eat only what you want, leave the rest behind and don't worry about it.)

An example would be M's Favorites, a large box with many compartments. You can ask about all the different items that come in the box, and then specify that you only want certain ones, or only eat the ones you like.

If you receive items you don't want, or order something unfamiliar because you just want to try it, there is nothing wrong with taking a bite to see if you like it.

Then if you don't, stop eating it right there.

Don't let anyone intimidate you into thinking that you must go to Qsine with a large group, if that is not what you want to do.

Some people are just more sociable than others.

Also, don't let anyone intimidate you into thinking that you must eat everything on your plate. :eek:

If you meet others on your cruise with whom you decide to share the Qsine experience, that would be very nice, but you should also be able to enjoy a very nice meal there if you go by yourself.

Thanks so much for the advice! :)

It's ok that you prefer not to mingle...I think some folks aren't getting that-either you choose not to or you just simply cannot due to other reasons. Don't feel like you need to because of q-sine. Just simply ask, go, and instead of the 5 items they suggest for 2 people, start with 3-but no meatballs, they really are softball size...that's where we met our match!

Remember...they'll never turn down your money ;)

It may be more fun in a group but many of us at some time in our lives will cruise solo, So Go for it, group or not. The server will help with your volume of choices. We took his advice, the portions are small, delicious and yes filling. It was our favorite of all the Specialty restaurants we have tried. But, we are different and enjoy new dining experiences and food.

Reflection 2.18.17 - I mentally escaped the blizzard a few weeks ago by planning my Winter Break 2017 cruise. (Kicking myself for cancelling the Disney Wonder one I'd had booked for this week given our ridiculous temperatures here.)

Oh that's a while away....what a pity....I go in a few weeks and intend on going to Qsine....love cruising solo...do what you want, when you want, always meet lovely people and even when eating alone, usually have other cruisers to start up a conversation.... Sometimes not, but that is our wonderful choice...lol

I can't wait, and like other solo cruisers have stated, it was a positive and fun experience for them too....go for it Beth! Lol

I had no idea what to expect when my friend and I decided to try Qsine. We had heard that it was fun but it turned out to be ALOT of fun and full of surprises! We didn't like all the menu choices, but found most to be very good and worth the money. It was more of an "experience" than just dinner; I'll gladly eat there again.

Go ahead and try it on your own. I am single and go out to eat at restaurants by myself all the time. I always have a book or phone/tablet to give me something to do. Have a good time - you'll be on vacation!! :D

Edited by Go-Bucks!