Journeys Cruise

iewe

I have a question about a Journeys cruise... Do they use the regular, every day menus that they would on any cruise, or are the menus different? I saw something about how they focus on local cuisine and things, and was not sure if that meant that what we would experience nightly in the dining room would be different?

It was the same every day menu. There was an option on for the port of call, we were in the Caribbean, but this is on the new American Feast menus.

We were in the Caribbean and most nights the special port of call option was Caribbean pepper pot, or Caribbean Jerk Chicken. Not a lot of variety that I was expecting.

The Journeys cruises we just got off of, 21 days on the Glory were nothing like what I thought. Very disappointing. I guess I was expecting more and got less. With 15 port days out of 21 there was very little entertainment. The different ports were nice.

I probably would save my money and not go on another Journey's cruise. I did like how long they were without having to go back to Ft. Lauderdale to do a b2b.

Just off the Miracle Mexican Riviera 13 day Journeys Cruise.

We had a Chef from Cabo demonstrate how to prepare a scallop appetizer and a pork entree. It was held the first night and repeated the first day. Later on the courses were on the MDR menu. That night only 3 out of the 10 at our table ordered these. The rest of the nightly menus looked like the menu from our HI cruise on 2014.

We did have lunch on three sea days.

I also just got off the Glory on a Journey cruise. The American Table is in full force and as much as I tried to like it, I just did not. There are fewer selections and I just don't like the wooden bread box and water pitcher sitting in the middle of the table. Without the tablecloth the table seemed dirtier always having puddles of water everywhere. Coffee is not offered with the dessert, you must ask for it.

There is a local cuisine offered each night and you may still order several entrees. The food we had was good.

I loved everything about our Journey cruise except the American Table.

I also just got off the Glory on a Journey cruise. The American Table is in full force and as much as I tried to like it, I just did not. There are fewer selections and I just don't like the wooden bread box and water pitcher sitting in the middle of the table. Without the tablecloth the table seemed dirtier always having puddles of water everywhere. Coffee is not offered with the dessert, you must ask for it.

There is a local cuisine offered each night and you may still order several entrees. The food we had was good.

I loved everything about our Journey cruise except the American Table.

I agree with everything you described. Loved the Journey cruise on the Pride that I just did but not the American table. The port dishes were a nice add on but since we did the 21 day it was the same menu repeated. Not a fan of the American Table at all. At least on the Breeze last year they had the American Feast menu but still had the tablecloths and didn't share the bread and water. I felt like you had a better dining experience. Loved the throw back formal and Gala. Would do Journey cruise again and hope they are here to stay.

On ships that don't have the American Table they do the standard 7 day menus and then expand them out to things that you only see on longer cruises. In other words, they do not repeat the 7 day menu offerings. If you are on a back to back then you will see repeats.

As for local cuisine, that is only the menu one night, and it's a custom selection that is designed by a local chef who comes on board and does a cooking demonstration. They also have a unique excursion that goes that chef's restaurant that is only available on the Journeys cruises. They have there or four different chefs in the Caribbean that they partner with for this.

The two other unique dining experiences on the Journeys cruises are the throwback menu and the midnight gala buffet.

The two other unique dining experiences on the Journeys cruises are the throwback menu and the midnight gala buffet.

Yes, Yes!!! The midnight gala buffet was the best. I took pictures but do not know how to post but it was worth seeing (and eating)!

I agree with everything you described. Loved the Journey cruise on the Pride that I just did but not the American table. The port dishes were a nice add on but since we did the 21 day it was the same menu repeated. Not a fan of the American Table at all. At least on the Breeze last year they had the American Feast menu but still had the tablecloths and didn't share the bread and water. I felt like you had a better dining experience. Loved the throw back formal and Gala. Would do Journey cruise again and hope they are here to stay.

Going on the 14 day pride journey 3/13

Did u notice if the buffet was still offering the same food as the MDR or did that expand a bit with the lack of options the American Table offered.

We are going to Grand Turk. S.J. St thomas..maarten..lucia. Dominica and Martinique. And honestly the American Tables posted online with those ports look pretty tasty!

Not a fan on the herb chicken or flat iron steak being on the OFF THE GRILL section. Everynight. But that's just Minor! If I don't like it I'll have my appetizer at guy's before they close at 6 with my plane Jane ringer with smc and donkey sauce

Sorry I didn't really pay attention if buffet was same as MDR at night. My friend pretty much drug me to MDR every night but a few and those nights I hadn't looked at menu. I will say be prepared for very limited pickings if you do decide to do buffet for dinner. They had a carved meat, one chicken,one beef,fish, vegetarian dish and maybe two hot sides to choose from. Which at least you can usually find one meat that you might like out of that but if its in a sauce maybe that you don't like can be challenging. But then theres always Guys, deli or pizza. The port of call dishes were very good for the ports you are doing. Have a great trip!