bob sledding

sscruising

You are talking about Mystic Mountain which is just outside of Ocho Rios. I have gone there three different times and love it there. They have both a bob sled ride and a zip line there.

You buy your tickets at the bottom and take what is basically a ski lift up to the top. They have a museum, gift shops, restaurant, bar, rest rooms, pool, and humming bird sitting area up there.

The bob sled ride is fun. You are on a steel track so you can't crash. You control the speed. The ride (at a fast pace) takes about a minute and a half to get to the end. From there, the ride actually brings you right back to the top again (so you can go to the gift shop, purchase a picture on the ride, go again, go on the zip line, etc. etc.).

I have never don the zip line, but my kids say it is a blast too.

Once you are all done, you get back on the ski lift and go back to the parking lot.

Mystic Mountain is pretty pricey, but fun. I think the costs were as follows:

1) Tram up - tram down only is $49.00 pp

2) Tram up - bob sled ride - tram down is $69.00 pp

3) Tram up - zip line - tram down is $89.00 pp

4) Tram up - bob sled ride - zip line - tram down is $109.00 pp

Prices and more info here:

http://www.rainforestadventure.com/jamaica-mystic-mountain/

I've researched this in the past and would love to do the Sky Explorer but at close to $50 a person I feel it is a bit too expensive for a 10 minute ride up the mountain. I would be all over this at 1/2 that price. Although the basic Sky Explorer ticket does allow you to use the infinity pool, slide, and look around at the other attractions at the top. Still not worth that price for me personally though.

Here is a video that will give you a good idea about the Sky Explorer portion:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

and here is a good Bobsled video:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

Booked this excursion through carnival for our cruise In march... It includes tram up and down, bobsled ride, Dunn river falls and transportation for $85 adult and $72 for child...

That is a good deal. The Sky Explorer/Bobsled would cost you $69 and Dunns would cost you $20 so that is $89 not including transportation.

The cruise lines have a special deal with Mystic Mountain which allows them to give a better deal than booking direct. In fact, to book direct you have to lie and say you are not on a cruise ship. ;)

We did Mystic Mountain a couple years ago and loved it! We had a package that included the ski lift type ride up and back, zip lining and bobsledding. We had free use of the pool and could just shop or relax and enjoy the grounds. The ski lift ride has such beautiful views I could do that back and forth all day and be happy. We are planning on going again in March. It is pricey but you can get a better deal through the cruise line and that also includes transportation. I felt like it was a decent value because you could spend the entire day there. It was beautiful, fun and felt very safe.

Booked this excursion through carnival for our cruise In march... It includes tram up and down, bobsled ride, Dunn river falls and transportation for $85 adult and $72 for child...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked as an excursion also, through NCL. Looks like fun and we want to ride the bobsled and see Dunns River Falls so this way we will be able to do both.