No Live Anthem Report?

praiser

Maybe..........just maybe, the Anthem is doing just fine, final corrections and details are moving along, and the Anthem is just like any other ship in the fleet, doing what they need to do to make everyone as happy as they can.

I cannot believe that some people here on Cruise Critic just need to beat the dead horse..........to try to bring it to life again........just to find another way to kill it!

The Anthem of the Seas came through a terrible storm, proved to be a ship that can take maximum strength winds, and seas, and with a damn good Captain aboard, brought the ship through a category 3 or 4 hurricane, came back home, and the ship suffered mostly cosmetic damage.

How many other ships, other lines, etc have experienced something similar?

We have cruised thru a hurricane, catagory 2 and a typhoon in the Sea of Japan. Yes, the ship had some damage, again cosmetic, and everyone came off both of our voyages, safe and sound. A few were shaken, but that is pretty normal, given the broad spectrum of passengers, from first timers to old seagoing sailors.

Anytime a ship experiences what the Anthem did last week....much will be written about the experience and the emotions.

There were more emotions and Monday morning quarterbacking on the sailing of February 6th, from those CC members on land.......than on the ship.

My hat is off to changkp75, aquahound, loubetti to an extent (hey loubetti.....give us the difference between an isobar and a millibar??) and a few others that would rather give reason, logic and facts, than of those that ran at the mouth emotionally.........via the keyboard.

Let the Anthem be the ship that she is, let Captain Claus Andersen return to his job as the senior rotating captain and let everyone go on with their life.

I'm not going to ask the mods to close this thread, as I'm sure that there are some that may have a need to keep it going.

No one could wish for a Perfect Storm.......but I believe that the passengers aboard did experience that.......and came away to talk all about it. Those are the only people that I'm interested in hearing from.

Pax vobiscum!!;)

Rick

Maybe..........just maybe, the Anthem is doing just fine, final corrections and details are moving along, and the Anthem is just like any other ship in the fleet, doing what they need to do to make everyone as happy as they can.

I cannot believe that some people here on Cruise Critic just need to beat the dead horse..........to try to bring it to life again........just to find another way to kill it!

The Anthem of the Seas came through a terrible storm, proved to be a ship that can take maximum strength winds, and seas, and with a damn good Captain aboard, brought the ship through a category 3 or 4 hurricane, came back home, and the ship suffered mostly cosmetic damage.

We have cruised thru a hurricane, catagory 2 and a typhoon in the Sea of Japan. Yes, the ship had some damage, again cosmetic, and everyone came off both of our voyages, safe and sound. A few were shaken, but that is pretty normal, given the broad spectrum of passengers, from first timers to old seagoing sailors.

Anytime a ship experiences what the Anthem did last week....much will be written about the experience and the emotions.

There were more emotions and Monday morning quarterbacking on the sailing of February 6th, from those CC members on land.......than on the ship.

My hat is off to changkp75, aquahound, loubetti to an extent (hey loubetti.....give us the difference between an isobar and a millibar??) and a few others that would rather give reason, logic and facts, than of those that ran at the mouth emotionally.........via the keyboard.

Let the Anthem be the ship that she is, let Captain Claus Andersen return to his job as the senior rotating captain and let everyone go on with their life.

I'm not going to ask the mods to close this thread, as I'm sure that there are some that may have a need to keep it going.

No one could wish for a Perfect Storm.......but I believe that the passengers aboard did experience that.......and came away to talk all about it. Those are the only people that I'm interested in hearing from.

Pax vobiscum!!;)

Rick

Really? - a simple couple of posts wondering how things are going and you start with the 10 paragraph post. Maybe it is you who need to take a break.

Pax vobiscum!!;)

Rick

Really?? Is this necessary? I don't post much, but I'm a big reader. If you read my original reason for posting, it was to see how things are going since I have friends on board who were nervous. I have no desire to "beat a dead horse", or bring "anything to life". I was just asking a simple question.

I'm also on an upcoming cruise and as certain features were damaged (North Star, Puzzle Room, Ifly) I am also looking for a live thread.

My granddaughters have waited two years for the cruise - so no need to be rude.

Edited by svillager

Really?? Is this necessary? I don't post much, but I'm a big reader. If you read my original reason for posting, it was to see how things are going since I have friends on board who were nervous. I have no desire to "beat a dead horse", or bring "anything to life". I was just asking a simple question.

Agreed! To write a long post complaining about a question is a waste of time and petty. I was curious too!

LIVE reports aren't the norm, that's why we love them. So it's really no surprise to me that there isn't one. Royal has 24 ships, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and there are basically no live reports this week, maybe one, so again nothing unusual......K.O.

It is amazing that there have been no comments(that I could find, at least) about this week's sailing. Is the WiFi down? Are folks being discouraged from posting? We are booked to sail in a couple of weeks so of course are curious.
Who would possibly DISCOURAGE anyone from posting, paranoid at all?:rolleyes:

I'm curious, too, as we'll be on March 7. I'm confident everything will be fixed, but a little reassurance would be comforting.

Whatever happens, I know we'll have a great time!

Will be sailing March 7th also, looking forward to relaxing and that first adult beverage in the CL....K.O.:)

We are currently on the ship, enjoying our last day at sea. Cruise has been fantastic.

Most of the repairs have been done to the ship (ie the roof in the indoor pool area and in the solarium have been fixed) Pool water is not heated at all, so very cold except for hot tubs. Northstar has been running for past several days.

It has been a good cruise and you will love a lot of what the Anthem has to offer. My wife and I just enjoyed the bumper cars. Brought back some memories.

Sorry, I would post more, but back to some fun!

Oh, and currently we have been sailing home next to the Norwegian Breakaway. They are off our port side and the sun is currently setting.

We have found the specialty restaurants to be very good. The free ones tend to rush you through the meal and the food is nothing special. (Keep in mind that everyone experience is different). Breakfast in the Solarium Bistro is recommended if you want to avoid the buffet crowds. But the buffet on this ship is one of the best we have had (for lunch and one dinner). Lots of salad options, fruit, sandwiches. Plenty of seating. We usually find a seat first in buffets, but this is the first one that we haven't had to worry about seating.

There is so much happening on the ship, something for everyone, if something doesn't work for you then you can find something else that will.

HI Steve&gayle

I am glad you are enjoying your time on the ship

Thank you for letting us know what has been fixed so far on the ship since the storm

Is there anything else that broke during the storm that has not been fixed yet that you can let us know what that is.

Enjoy your time. I can't wait for my trip

thanks