Question about documents needed for boarding ship

MaiseyM

I am sailing Oasis in March. I have 2 rooms and two reservations numbers (5 people). I attempted to print my "Set Sail" pass and it's not showing everyone. Even with both reservations being printed, I am missing two people on my Set Sail Pass. I called RCI, they told me to check a week before we go since there is a glitch in the system.:confused: He also told me that I can have them print Set Sail Passes the day of boarding. Does this sound right to you? I shouldn't expect any major obstacles, should I?

I am printing my luggage tags. I have passports. Is there anything else I should print?

Lastly, a while ago, I remember reading somewhere that I should be certain that the names on some document (which one??) are identically matching the names on the passports. Which document should I be reviewing to make sure we have a total match? I am expecting them to match, but I want to double check so we don't have any issues boarding.

Is there anything else I should prepare with regards to documentation? TIA

I am sailing Oasis in March. I have 2 rooms and two reservations numbers (5 people). I attempted to print my "Set Sail" pass and it's not showing everyone. Even with both reservations being printed, I am missing two people on my Set Sail Pass. I called RCI, they told me to check a week before we go since there is a glitch in the system.:confused: He also told me that I can have them print Set Sail Passes the day of boarding. Does this sound right to you? I shouldn't expect any major obstacles, should I?

I am printing my luggage tags. I have passports. Is there anything else I should print?

Lastly, a while ago, I remember reading somewhere that I should be certain that the names on some document (which one??) are identically matching the names on the passports. Which document should I be reviewing to make sure we have a total match? I am expecting them to match, but I want to double check so we don't have any issues boarding.

Is there anything else I should prepare with regards to documentation? TIA

If you have cruise line transportation, then you should have vouchers to print in your cruise documents.

Your should be able to see the names of all the guests on Royal's website and also on your electronic documents.

As long as you have entered all the correct info into the online check-in, you should have no check-in problems. If someone in your party does not have their name printed on a SetSail pass, the security people will be able to look up the name on the manifest.

they want to make sure that your passport/ID matches the name you made the reservation with. I did a booking misspelling my cabin mates name, I didn't see it until I got a copy of her passport. It was no problem contacting the TA to have RCI change the spelling on the reservation so that it matched the passport. As for everyone's name not being on the Set Sail pass, it's not a problem. I've checked in indicating that I would pay for all expenses incurred by my DH so only my name printed on the Set Sail pass, since I was the principle contract holder. I just told the security girl checking ID that we were cruising together and she lets us through.

I always print the pages of the cruise contract that has the contact numbers for RCI and passport/visa emergencies. If there's a page showing how many beverage packages were purchased, I print that too.

I always print the pages of the cruise contract that has the contact numbers for RCI and passport/visa emergencies. If there's a page showing how many beverage packages were purchased, I print that too.

Thanks. I'll have to find that list of numbers. Glad to know I'm not needing to make more calls to fix things. I always get nervous about making sure I have the right documents before traveling. :rolleyes:

Some tips :

a). When you do the online check-in, you should see names of each of the guests. Once you have entered all the information, you should be able to print out their sea pass (essentially the ticket required to board the ship).

If you can't print out the sea pass then I would advise taking any other documentation which confirms the booking(s) like the invoice. This should have all the guests listed.

b). You should also print out the guest booklet or relevant pages from it. This will have details and vouchers for hotel, transfers and flights.

c). As I am from the UK, I needed an ESTA visa to enter the USA. Customs didn't need to check the printout but at the port check-in the Royal Caribbean staff wanted to see it so worth making sure you have one printed for each non US resident.

d). There are 3 pages for the seapass. To save paper I only printed the first page as it has the bar code and all the details. The luggage porters asked to see the third page as there was a problem with my luggage tags. So lesson learnt, print all three pages.

e). I am a diamond member and this is shown on the sea pass. If you have your sea pass and it clearly shows that you are a diamond member then you will have fewer problems getting directed to the priority queue. On one occasion my diamond status was missing on the sea pass and I got directed to the wrong queue.

f). Make sure you have all relevant vouchers and confirmations regarding hotel and transfers. Sometimes they are missing from the documentation and you need to chase.

g). if you are unable to print out sea passes for all your guests because of a problem RCL are having then try and get email to confirm this and their advice. Print this out to avoid any problems at the port. At FLL they checked my passport and if I remember correctly my seapass before allowing me to enter the port.