Can we buy Motioneaze on Epic?

old nutter

We are going on the Epic next month and one of us is sometimes prone to motion sickness. We like the idea of using Motioneaze because of it's lack of side effects and because you don't have to use it unless you actually start to feel unwell.

The problem is that in the UK it is less available than rocking horse manure unless you pay silly money to get it shipped over here from the States - like $60-$100 plus!! Hence my question to anyone who may have been or is still on Epic - Does the main shop on the Epic stock it? If it is possible to get it on board it would certainly make life a lot more simple for us. Thanks in advance.

It might be too late if you are cruising early next month, but I see two sources on Amazon UK for 8.35 Euros including UK delivery, though it may be slower shipping speeds.

Does the stuff work? I have some still from my last cruise and never used it. I don't know if it is still good three years later.

Edited by Mistizoom

Thanks Mistizoom. I tried some at that price and it looked OK till I got to the pay stage and when it came to delivery that was either wait till at least the end of end of March or pay something like $60 to get it next week! I don't trust deals like that on the web, hence the idea of trying on the ship. I have heard mention that some people have got on board.

Does it work? Don't know, but some people swear by it. Doesn't always happen and so not having to use it in case is so attractive. The worst time was on Pearl heading across the Caribbean with the wind blowing a different way to a big sea. Felt unwell watching an extremely effective juggler in the theatre coping very well with the front of the ship corkscrewing in the water. We could hardly stand up at the end so we were even more impressed with his performance when we started back down the ship bouncing of the walls!!

We will be taking some travel stuff with us as a back up, but it would be great if we can get the stuff on the ship.

I've never heard of it and became curious. I researched it on Amazon and a small bottle is $8 with free prime shipping (US only). However, I read how to use it and it sounded ridiculous, like "snake oil" advertising. But then...I looked at the reviews, and they are outstanding!! One little drop behind the ear and almost instant relief. One person did mention they got some at WalMart. I might pick up a bottle just to have available.

I'm sure you are aware of Bonine. Although you do have to take it before sickness occurs and several time a day during the cruise, it works perfectly for my wife. And she has never felt any drowsiness at all using it. She gets it prescription version meclizine since our insurance covers it. However, same stuff exactly. So, if no Motionaeze available for you, might carry a packet of Bonine just in case. And it is available on the ships we've sailed on.

Thanks for mentioning Motioneaze though.

I've never heard of it and became curious. I researched it on Amazon and a small bottle is $8 with free prime shipping (US only). However, I read how to use it and it sounded ridiculous, like "snake oil" advertising. But then...I looked at the reviews, and they are outstanding!! One little drop behind the ear and almost instant relief. One person did mention they got some at WalMart. I might pick up a bottle just to have available.

I'm sure you are aware of Bonine. Although you do have to take it before sickness occurs and several time a day during the cruise, it works perfectly for my wife. And she has never felt any drowsiness at all using it. She gets it prescription version meclizine since our insurance covers it. However, same stuff exactly. So, if no Motionaeze available for you, might carry a packet of Bonine just in case. And it is available on the ships we've sailed on.

Generic Bonine is given away for free at Guest Services on all ships. If you need just ask. We use it all the time, and drink, and it works great

Safe sailing

It was available in the duty free store on Breakaway in January. I'm pretty sure it is available on all of the ships. It works great with no drowsiness like you can get from some seasick tablets. Be prepared to overpay if you buy it on the ship. I purchased it at home for 1/3 the price I paid on the ship. Still worth it if you need it.

Don't know about UK but if available try Meclizine, the generic name for the active ingredient in Bonine and DramamineII ("Less Drowsy").

Very effective and inexpensive.

Take your own stuff onboard, who wants to be running around looking for meds feeling bad ?

I recently tried it on my dog after seeing it mentioned on here. It has been the only thing that has worked for his extreme carsickness and since he's a dog, I'm guessing we can rule out the placebo effect. About to try it on him again tomorrow as we take him to the boarders because we sail THIS SUNDAY (sorry, a little excited).

Just want to say that I hope you find it. I used it on my cruise last November and loved it. It was the first cruise out of 4 that I haven't felt even slightly ill on and I am very prone to motion sickness. I can't even ride in the backseat of a car.

As a plus, it smells really good too.

MotionEaze is the only product that works for me for motion sickness. Nothing ever worked for my sister. She tried it and loves it. Just dab it behind your ears and it works almost instantly. Available at Wal-Mart.