Major Differences Among Vista Suites on Riviera

kitty9

When we're on board for our next Riviera cruise, we'd like to know the differences among the Vista suites. There seems to be big differences between the size of the balconies vs the size of the interior, but are there any other differences? From the deck plans online, they don't detail anything different among the 8 suites, but my guess, just looking at the outside of the ship, there has to be some pretty big differences. For example, does one set of Vistas have a bigger bathroom? There appears to be a pillar in the deck 9 Vistas, do the other ones have that also?

Any info is appreciated.

Edited by kitty9

Really think that you should speak with your TA about this. Before staying in a Vista suite, our TA gave us advice and booked us into one of the larger ones. Unless someone has viewed all of the Vista suites, it is difficult to know the difference (other than balcony sizes). We loved the Vista suite (#10000) and would book it again if we sailed on the Riviera. The only slight issue was that the equipment in the mini-gym rattled during rough seas - not a big deal but thought that I would mention it.

P.S. The master bathroom is huge - I cannot imagine it being any larger than it is.

Edited by Travelcat2

This is a commonly asked question, yet one which is ultimately fruitless, because although their are fluctuations in size and slight differences in layout from deck to deck, the decor, decoration and amenities, of ALL the Vista Suites, are completely and utterly identical down to the little jar of safety pins in the master bathroom medicine cabinets.

If you were to walk through every Vista on the Riviera, with the draperies closed before booking one, I doubt that you would even remember one from another, as they are numbingly similar.

b_221114.jpg

I'd suggest making your choice based on the various veranda sizes, as well as the height of the deck from the sea.

Edited by JimandStan

This is a commonly asked question, yet one which is ultimately fruitless, because although their are fluctuations in size and slight differences in layout from deck to deck, the decor, decoration and amenities, of ALL the Vista Suites, are completely and utterly identical down to the little jar of safety pins in the master bathroom medicine cabinets.

If you were to walk through every Vista on the Riviera, with the draperies closed before booking one, I doubt that you would even remember one from another, as they are numbingly similar.

b_221114.jpg

I'd suggest making your choice based on the various veranda sizes, as well as the height of the deck from the sea.

Thank you. My question is mostly based on the fact that I use a mobility scooter and a larger bathroom is the best for me. On our Riviera cruise last month, we were in an Owners Suite and for obvious reasons, it worked out very well. But I thought I had read on another site that the bathroom on one deck might be larger than ones on the other decks. And, I know that one of the Vistas has a pillar right inside of the entrance and that wouldn't work for me because of the difficulty of maneuvering the scooter.

It is interesting that the Vistas do vary quite a bit depending on location. Here's what my TA found out with respect to basic sizes.

Deck 12------1659 sq ft including veranda------Veranda 652 sq ft Overall interior size---1007 sq ft

Deck 10------1332 sq ft including veranda------Veranda 523 sq ft Overall interior size----809 sq ft

Deck 9-------1820 sq ft including veranda------Veranda 919 sq ft Overall interior size----901 sq ft

Deck 8-------1519 sq ft including veranda------Veranda 553 sq ft Overall interior size----966 sq ft

Edited by kitty9

You won't have any difficulties in riding a mobility scooter around the Master Bathroom of ANY of the Suites above Penthouse Level on the O Class ships, as they are all massive. You could teach ballroom dance in them.

I would be very surprised if the square footage of those bathrooms isn't larger than some inside cabins.

Similarly, there are not any obstructions in the living or bedroom areas, which would effect scooter use.

The big difference, in moving from the back to the front of the ship is the need to contain outdoor illumination after dusk. Having the drapes drawn at sundown is a necessity, if the ship is at sea.

Edited by JimandStan

Slightly off topic, but does any one know if a Penthouse Suite has sufficient room to store a mobility scooter? We'll be on Riviera in March and I'd consider bringing room if I thought there was enough room to store it when not in use.

Thanks,

Mack

It seems to me that there is room to put the scooter into the walk-in closet. The closet isn't as large as those in the three higher suites but it's quite spacious. It could be difficult to walk around it but I wouldn't think it would be impossible. And even in the living room there are some corners where you might be able to store it. All depending on the size of the scooter ... I've seen some that are quite wide, others that are not.

Mura

Kitty9

Have a read through this thread - the link will take you to page 3 but photos are throughout the thread we took of our Vista suite, Riviera Deck 8 so you can see the living area without the pillar. I did see our upstairs neighbours' suite on deck 9 which has the living area much like the photo J and S posted. Deck 8 was much more spacious inside the living area, and a better layout IMHO, but some may prefer the much larger verandah on deck 9. You pays your money and makes your choice, as they say! 😻

The other thing I remember on deck 9 is that the bedroom is accessed down a short corridor from the main entrance hall, which may, and I stress the may,make manoeverability a bit awkward. Deck 8 is a straight run to the bedroom from the living area. I'm sure I've got some more photos of the walk in wardrobe etc., so I'll dig them out this weekend and post them for you to see how much room there would be there too. 😻

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2142882&highlight=fairbourne+vista&page=3