New to suites, some questions

rkkunk

Our favorite suite perk is the gold card reserved area by the pool :) Love the fitted gold towels that slip over the chair (no blowing off).

That varies by ship, though. I don't recall seeing special towels. We always carry towel clips. Greatest gadget, ever.

That varies by ship, though. I don't recall seeing special towels. We always carry towel clips. Greatest gadget, ever.

True about the towels. We've (so far) only seen them on Explorer and Adventure but they're wonderful. On Freedom where the reserved area is on top of the Sky Bar, we DEFINITELY needed our towel clips because it was so windy. Anyone know how the suite sundeck is on Oasis/Allure?

Thanks for reminding me, we have to get some of those.

Saw them at Bed Bath and Beyond in Viera. CVS carries them as well. Got our first set at Kohls online.

We have Flamingos, parrots, and clown fish. Looking for a penguin

True about the towels. We've (so far) only seen them on Explorer and Adventure but they're wonderful. On Freedom where the reserved area is on top of the Sky Bar, we DEFINITELY needed our towel clips because it was so windy. Anyone know how the suite sundeck is on Oasis/Allure?

Yep, it's pretty wicked up there.

ry%3D480

Don't know why they don't place it in the same area as the Voyager ships.

We were on Oasis in November. Loved the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. Complimentary beer, wine and soda from 11:00 - 11:00 from the bar. Below are the Beverage Menus for Complimentary Drinks from 5:00 - 8:30 and Premius Drinks (available for purchase anytime).

6c83c71746e500ceac378d53d1dd9e1f.jpg

303795a1d47f16dca7d322d93f371cb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, a couple of more questions.

So, if you order breakfast or dinner to your room from the MDR, you just place your order and know that it will take at least 30 mins. to be delivered. Does it include things like French Toast, omlets, pancakes, etc.?

Also, our cruise has the 20% off drink packages being offered on our cruise. We were going to do 2 RR packages, one for my son and one for my husband. We were just wondering if we should get the Ultimate package for my husband now. He will use it for bottled water, his speciality coffee drinks, and now he could get the frozen drinks WITH the alcohol if he chooses to. Do you think this would be worth it? I know that since we are in the suite he can get some mixed drinks during the happy hour.

And thanks everyone for all of your replies and information!

Ok, a couple of more questions.

So, if you order breakfast or dinner to your room from the MDR, you just place your order and know that it will take at least 30 mins. to be delivered. Does it include things like French Toast, omlets, pancakes, etc.?...

Yes, it includes anything on the MDR menu, and the items you mentioned are usually on the MDR menu, plus other things like eggs benedict, fried eggs, etc.

Thanks so much, Bob! That will be awesome!

Also, forget the second question. We just got excited because the package was 20% off. Lol! My DH doesn't drink enough to make it worthwhile. He can just buy an alcoholic drink if he wants one and we will still save money. Plus, with the drinks from the SL, that will be enough for us.

Thanks so much, Bob! That will be awesome!

Also, forget the second question. We just got excited because the package was 20% off. Lol! My DH doesn't drink enough to make it worthwhile. He can just buy an alcoholic drink if he wants one and we will still save money. Plus, with the drinks from the SL, that will be enough for us.

One nice thing about the Suite Lounge is the availability of complimentary soda/beer/wine from 11am to 11pm.

If we knew we wanted room service breakfast I would place our order the night before and tell them what time to deliver the next morning. They would call when it was on the way.

A funny thing happened on our last cruise. My husband wanted 3 eggs instead of the usual 2 and they misunderstood what I said and brought 3 complete meals with 2 eggs, hash browns, bacon and toast. In addition to my order it was a lot of food!

If we knew we wanted room service breakfast I would place our order the night before and tell them what time to deliver the next morning. They would call when it was on the way.

A funny thing happened on our last cruise. My husband wanted 3 eggs instead of the usual 2 and they misunderstood what I said and brought 3 complete meals with 2 eggs, hash browns, bacon and toast. In addition to my order it was a lot of food!

Sometimes it's best to just call in the order that morning. You never know how you'll feel the next morning. ;)

I read that someone said that if there is a beverage that we would like, but it is not listed on the SL menu, that we may request it. Did I read that correctly?

Can you share where you read that? And was there a fee for special requests?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

It was on post#5 of this thread--something about ask for it early in the cruise and it may get stocked for you???

I apologize if I misunderstood anything. I also hesitate to ask any suite questions as the new incentives this spring may change the game a bit.

I can't speak for Oasis/Allure but I have asked about a midori/melon liqueur and told it was not available. No mention of we can get some for you. On Adventure I could understand as the lounge was not near a bar, but Grandeur the drinks came from a fully stocked bar in Viking Lounge.

On one cruise in the concierge lounge, I believe it was Liberty, I asked if they had chambord so I could have Kir Royal. They did not, but it was a nice surprise the next evening to find that our server made sure it was stocked for the rest of the cruise.