Star family suite any one have info?

detroitlions

This is our first time on a non balcony suite. Am I going to enjoy this room its my DW and DS with me. Also since this is a non Haven Suite are there any perks like do you get to set up a bar. We have had free bottles with rooms in the past in the suite category. I have been in rooms that were reg balcony and a couple insides when we first started cruising I am not real picky but this was a deal though upsell and the last one left. The rest were the corner penthouse for a lot more $$ I did not feel it was worth it. We are in 12006. Funny thing is just a few months ago on the Getaway the haven aft was the same price as this one with out a balcony and almost the same cost as the suite on the Epic last march.

I sailed in a 2-bdrm suite on Star a couple of years ago with my family. It was the only time I have sailed without a balcony. Honestly, we didn't miss it. The suite has floor to ceiling windows and our suite was very near the pool deck. I don't know if you'll miss the balcony, as I can only speak to our experience, but for my family during a 14-day Panama Canal cruise, not having the balcony wasn't a big deal at all.

In my opinion that is one of the better family suites even if it a little smaller than others. That room should have the Murphy type bed that folds out of the wall and is roomy for one. The couch/chair bed is small. I cannot remember if it has a room divider that pulls out. As you know there is no balcony and the price reflects this, they often don't sell well. You will get a bottle of sparkling wine (and water), but no bar set up unless you ask/pay. I like the room because it is in a quiet area, the family suites aft of the elevators are subject to heavy traffic heading out to the pool deck. Sometimes you may get noise from deck cleaning above. The upsell offer I received for a family suite on the Star was $300pp over my ocean view.

In my opinion that is one of the better family suites even if it a little smaller than others. That room should have the Murphy type bed that folds out of the wall and is roomy for one. The couch/chair bed is small. I cannot remember if it has a room divider that pulls out. As you know there is no balcony and the price reflects this, they often don't sell well. You will get a bottle of sparkling wine (and water), but no bar set up unless you ask/pay. I like the room because it is in a quiet area, the family suites aft of the elevators are subject to heavy traffic heading out to the pool deck. Sometimes you may get noise from deck cleaning above. The upsell offer I received for a family suite on the Star was $300pp over my ocean view.

My offer was $500 PP for first 2 more than I paid. The prices have gone up :)

LOVE this suite! There is a pocket door to divide the bed from the sitting area, pull out curtains to further divide things. There is no Haven on the Star, so you are not in a sub-suite! :)

We would just pop up one floor to the hot tub area at the front of the ship! Never missed the balcony. And what a bargain those suites are.

Bon Voyage!

Also since this is a non Haven Suite are there any perks like do you get to set up a bar. We have had free bottles with rooms in the past in the suite category.

Suite being a Haven suite or not has nothing to do with the included alcohol, only three highest suite categories (Owner's Suite, Deluxe Owner's Suite and Garden Villa) get included bottles of alcohol - whether the ship has the Haven or not.

SJ suite that you have booked now is the lowest suite category fleetwide, you will get all suite perks available except free non-alcoholic drinks in mini-bar and already mentioned bottles of liquor, those are only for the highest categories mentioned.

I sailed in a 2-bdrm suite on Star a couple of years ago with my family. It was the only time I have sailed without a balcony. Honestly, we didn't miss it. The suite has floor to ceiling windows and our suite was very near the pool deck. I don't know if you'll miss the balcony, as I can only speak to our experience, but for my family during a 14-day Panama Canal cruise, not having the balcony wasn't a big deal at all.

The two bedroom suites on the Star (SC) have balconies.

..and do not have floor to ceiling windows. What that poster is describing is the family suite, not 2br suite.

You clearly didn't read my post fully as I was responding to a post from "cjcruises" (not the OP) which was made clear by the fact the I "quoted" what I was responding to.

You clearly didn't read my post fully as I was responding to a post from "cjcruises" (not the OP) which was made clear by the fact the I "quoted" what I was responding to.

Read their post completely again, and then read my post completely again. I never said that I referred to OP's post.

We stayed in this suite a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I have 4 children and we found we had lots of room for everybody to spread out while in the cabin. Loved sitting their looking out through the windows and we really liked the bathroom size

Sorry, I should have clarified, we stayed in the FAMILY suite. The same as OP is asking about. I was thinking it was called the 2-bdrm family suite, but I am getting my suite stays confused.

Edited by cjcruises

NCL STAR

Does not have a Haven

S1 2 Garden Suites 10400 & 14500 deck 14 above Cagneys

SA 4 Deluxe Owners Suite 10200 10202 10500 10502 deck 12 forward (over the bridge)

SG 4 Balcony Suite 12010" 12012" starboard 12510' 12512' port deck 12 forward

SJ 10 Family Suite (no bal) 12006 12008 12016 12018 12020 12022 12026 12028 12030 12032* *handicap - deck 12 starboard forward

SJ 10 Family Suite (no bal) 12506 12508 12516 12518 12520 12522 12526 12528 12530 12532* *handicap - deck 12 port forward

SC 5 2BR Family Suite w/bal 11010 11020 11030 11050 11060 deck 11 starboard forward

SC 5 2BR Family Suite w/bal 11510 11520 11530 11550 11560 deck 11 port forward

SB 2 2BR Owners Suite w/2bal 10006 starboard 10506 port deck 10 forward

SB 2 2BR Owners Suite w/2bal 9006 starboard 9506 port deck 9 forward

SE 4 Penthouse Balcony Suite 10000 10002 10500 10501 deck 10 forward

SE 4 Penthouse Balcony Suite 9000 9002 9500 9502 deck 9 forward

SF 4 Penthouse Balcony Suite 10226 10228 10728 10726 deck 10 AFT

SF 4 Penthouse Balcony Suite 9232 9236 9736 9732 deck 9 AFT

SF 4 Penthouse Balcony Suite 8710 8712 8672 8670 deck 8 AFT

And that is a summation of the Suites on the NCL STAR

Remarks:

Caution the deck 8 AFT PH suites these are over the Spinnaker Lounge and may be bothersome with entertainment noise.

Possible noise factor with the 2BR Balcony suites deck 11 - located under the pool deck chairs tables pool maintenance etc.

Suites on deck 12 next to the library subject to high traffic transit to pool area.

Also these suites possible noise issues with running jogging track located overhead on deck 13.

The NCL DAWN is the same layout with 8 more SG Balcony suites on deck 12 forward.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

Suites on deck 12 next to the library subject to high traffic transit to pool area.

Also these suites possible noise issues with running jogging track located overhead on deck 13.

Just a note, the jogging track does not extend over these suites. People sometimes decide to extend the circuit going up the stairs and over the suites. This was quickly put to an end on the first morning of my sailing - I wasn't even the one who called. We went up there later that morning and they had it blocked off with signs stating it was not for jogging.

Just a note, the jogging track does not extend over these suites. People sometimes decide to extend the circuit going up the stairs and over the suites. This was quickly put to an end on the first morning of my sailing - I wasn't even the one who called. We went up there later that morning and they had it blocked off with signs stating it was not for jogging.

This is done after someone complains !

From the Pool deck (12) entrance by the library the first three suites on either

side are affected by the jogging running track on deck 13 above that passes

through a tunnel under the stairs to the Bier Garden bar on deck 14.

The NCL crew has positioned deck lounge chairs to inhibit this passage and

had a chain with sign in the tunnel - closed from such and such hours etc.

but even at that some avid runners think it is an opportunity to leap hurdles

till the white uniform deck officers put a stop to it.

The deck floor is well cushioned but the thump thump of running feet pounding

the stateroom ceiling is not pleasant.

The alternative to the running jogging track is the short version taking a sharp

turn aft of the open pool deck area (in front of what was the Star Bar - now the

Sugar Cane Mohito & Moderno) or doing the larger loop on the Promenade deck

7 but even that is a problem with the walkers and social gatherings.

The final solution for the runners is to go to deck 12 aft to the Barong Fitness Center

and use the machines.