verandah furniture on Solstice

FrogCruiser

Have an aft cabin on Solstice this summer for Alaska.... can anyone advise me as to the type of furniture that is on the aft facing veranda? Is there a coffe-table or just a small cocktail table and a couple chairs? Lounge chairs of regular chairs? Thanks for any info.

Thanks all. It's a Aqua class. Is the 3 or 5 specialty package worth pre-booking? Agent said Aqua class can dine in seperate restaurant but I assume that is different than the specialty restaurants, no?

Eating in Blu is like eating in a Specialty restaurant every night, it is your assigned dining room and is really the main reason to book Aqua Class. I wouldn't spend any money extra to eat in Specialties but then I am a little biased as I think they are way overpriced.

Edited by dkjretired

Thanks all. It's a Aqua class. Is the 3 or 5 specialty package worth pre-booking? Agent said Aqua class can dine in seperate restaurant but I assume that is different than the specialty restaurants, no?

This is our first cruise booked with Celebrity, also. "Blu" is actually called a "Specialty Restaurant," on their website - which worried me, since that name usually means you pay extra.

Just a quick call to Celebrity and they confirmed that it is "complimentary" for Aqua Class, and your assigned restaurant. Of course, drinks are a different story depending on what you have or have not purchased for beverage packages.

So enjoy Blu - we will! ;)

Edited by dustyroadrunner

This is our first cruise booked with Celebrity, also. "Blu" is actually called a "Specialty Restaurant," on their website - which worried me, since that name usually means you pay extra.

Just a quick call to Celebrity and they confirmed that it is "complimentary" for Aqua Class, and your assigned restaurant. Of course, drinks are a different story depending on what you have or have not purchased for beverage packages.

Blu doesn't do anything for me, different food than the MDR but not a specialty restaurant quality for sure.

This should answer your question - Sunset Veranda 8351, January 5, 2016 cruise out of Sydney. Great cabin, as long as you don't mind a fairly long walk from the elevators.

Solstice%208351%20Aft%20Balcony%20A_zpsfwpebdny.jpg

Is there another stairwell close to the aft of the ship, or do you have to travel the equivalent of to the elevators to use the stairs there also?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On an S-class ship there are no stairs or elevator near the aft.

It is a bit of a walk to go anywhere.

M-class is much better for aft access.

Thank you.

I am booked on my first cruise next year in an aft cabin and even though I knew there were no elevators, I thought I would be able to run up and down stairs to dining areas etc. I guess (knowing how much I have been told will be on offer food and drink wise), it won't hurt to have to go further to stairs also. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are in Aqua Class, Blu is your assigned restaurant, you do not have a seat assigned in the Main Dining room. I think the Specialty restaurant designation is somewhat correct except that it is only open to AQ cabins and Suites and there is no charge. Just the way they advertise it. Blu is open seating every night even though you will receive a letter in your cabin asking you to come at a certain time the first night. You can just ignore that. Also, they usually have discounts for one of the specialty restaurants for Blu patrons on the first night. Personally, if I am in Aqua I would not bother with any of the specialties.

Edited by dkjretired