Entertainment on Independence of the Seas

lswilmot

I am looking for the evening entertainment for the Independence. Old reviews and info from RCCL indicate that "Grease" the musical is playing, but I can not get any other info. I think the info i have is from when the Indy was doing the 7 day, but we are on the 5 day in April.

Anyone out there on a 5 night Indy and can let us know about the evening shows? Thanks for your help.

lori

I am looking for the evening entertainment for the Independence. Old reviews and info from RCCL indicate that "Grease" the musical is playing, but I can not get any other info. I think the info i have is from when the Indy was doing the 7 day, but we are on the 5 day in April.

Anyone out there on a 5 night Indy and can let us know about the evening shows? Thanks for your help.

lori

Grease will be staged on the Harmony of the Seas.

No such show is on Independence.

The Independence of the Seas is proud to showcase the following entertainers on her April 4, 2016 sailing:

Schooner Bar Entertainer Dan Davies

Entertainer Porsche Smith Pub Guitarist

Welcome Show Theater Jay Reid Comedian

Ice Show Theater Alwyn Wright Ice Act - Star Act

Headliner Theater Ronn Lucas Ventriloquist

Farewell Theater Kivi Rogers Comedian

Grease isn't coming to Indy until the Spring or Summer. I don't remember the exact date but I think it's after April.

EDITED

It's not until July

Meet Independence of the Seas®, a marvel of maritime engineering, packed with all the phenomenal onboard experiences you'd expect from our Freedom class of ships—including the FlowRider® surf simulator, a rock climbing wall, ice-skating rink, cantilevered whirlpools, Royal Promenade, mini golf course, and much more. Sit back and watch Broadways smash hit, Grease the Musical, now coming to seas in July 2016. It's your most incredible vacation yet!

Edited by dcgrumpy

I did the 5-night on Independence earlier this month. Here is my breakdown of the main entertainment:

Night 1 - Welcome Aboard show - GOOD; then late night adult comedy with Jim Colliton - VERY GOOD, funnier than some other comedians I've seen on RC and not disgusting or vulgar, just good adult comedy

Night 2 - Invitation to Dance, choreographed by one of the "So You Think You Can Dance" choreographers - EXCELLENT show

Night 3 - The Las Vegas Tenors - VERY GOOD concert-style covers of popular songs through the decades that you have certainly heard of

Night 4 - Once Upon a Time - EXCELLENT; favorite fairy tales performed to popular music, with stunning stage sets

Night 5 - "Action Comedy" guy - AWFUL. Not only is "action comedy" a guise for "juggling act," it was not funny at all, his personality was severely lacking, and at one part of the show he became vulgar. People walked out even before that point because it was so lame. I had previously written off juggling acts because I've seen them twice on previous cruises and find them not entertaining, and I was so frustrated when 2 minutes into the show I realized that "action comedy" meant juggling act. And this was the farewell show, which I expected better of. Awful, awful, awful. I am forever skipping the 1-man acts from now on, except the real stand-up comedians.

Daytime ice show (shown twice on day 2 and once on day 4): "Strings, an Adventure Around the World" - VERY GOOD

Edited by emory2001

Well, I got the response from RCCL regarding the entertainment on the Indy. No "Grease" until july. too bad, we were really looking forward to seeing it again.

Dear xxxxxx:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Please find below the entertainment information we were able to locate for your sailing:

04/18: Rodney Johnson, Comedian

04/19: Production Show

04/20: Craig A Meyer, Impressionist

04/21: Production Show

04/22: Dan Gabriel, Comedian

Additionally, Dan Davies will be the featured entertainer in the Schooner Bar while Porsche Smith will be the featured entertainer in the Pub.

The following Production Shows are featured onboard the Independence of the Seas:

Under The Big Top

Center Stage

Invitation to Dance

Once Upon A Time

The following Ice Shows are featured onboard the Independence of the Seas:

Strings! A World Adventure on Ice

Freeze Frame

Please refer to your Cruise Compass for additional entertainment offerings and times. No reservations are required in advance as everything is set up onboard the ship itself.

Kindly note, Grease will not be debuting onboard the Independence of the Seas until July of this year. We apologize for any disappointment this response may cause.

From a quick breakfast to a late-night snack, Café Promenade is the perfect spot for casual dining and coffee on the Independence of the Seas. Bring your friends for an afternoon snack or enjoy a dinner of pizza or a sandwich and some pastries for dessert. There is terrific coffee available to keep your energy levels up as you take on a fresh new day of excitement.

Ms. XXXXXX, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. As a Diamond Crown & Anchor guest we appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming you aboard the Independence of the Seas next month.

Sincerely,

Jesse Krichbaum

Customer Service Representative

I haven't been on a cruise in a LONG time and we're taking our kids on Indy on 3/31. I need to choose our dining time, but I'm unsure of what times most of the kid-appropriate shows are. Can anyone tell me that, so I can choose my dining time wisely? I know for a fact my 11 year old dancer daughter definitely will want to see the "Invitation to Dance" show. Thanks!!

If you are doing traditional dining, they have two shows, early dining you go after, late dining you go before. If you are doing MTD, I think the shows are 6:30 and 8pm usually. but I don't for absolute sure.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Kindly note, Grease will not be debuting onboard the Independence of the Seas until July of this year. We apologize for any disappointment this response may cause

I'm bummed. I was really looking forward to it and was told it would be on my sail date in April. :mad:

Well, I got the response from RCCL regarding the entertainment on the Indy. No "Grease" until july. too bad, we were really looking forward to seeing it again.

Well darn, was hoping we'd get Grease as well. Here's hoping its something just as good.

Well darn, was hoping we'd get Grease as well. Here's hoping its something just as good.

You might be in luck to see OB's favorite show: Invitation to Dance!;)