Lunch Dilemma

richmke

I know my wife will want the MDR for dinner, so that leaves me Breakfast and Lunch to explore the other free eats on the ship.

On a 7-day (night) cruise on the Glory, Embarkation is a lunch buffet, and no lunch on Debarkation day. That leaves 6 lunches. We will be visiting 4 ports, and have 4 excursions planned, so no lunch on the ship on those days.

That leaves me with 2 Sea days to explore the other free eats: Guy's Burger Joint, Bluelguna Cantina, Burrito bar, Chefs Choice, and Fish & Chips.

Maybe I'll have to do a light breakfast, early lunch, mid-afternoon snack before the MDR late seating. But then, where will I add the Taste Bar and Sweet Spot?

Any must try meals on the Glory?

How late are the Lunch places open? Maybe we can grab a late afternoon snack on a port day if we get back early enough.

Edited by richmke

What a great problem to have.:D I can recommend the Fish & Chips place - good food, almost hidden away, so not many people notice it until a few days into the cruise. Go straight up there for Embarkation Day lunch, and you'll have good food with no lines or crowds.;) I can't say about the other options - they weren't on the Glory when I sailed in 2011. Enjoy!:)

I know my wife will want the MDR for dinner, so that leaves me Breakfast and Lunch to explore the other free eats on the ship.

On a 7-day (night) cruise on the Glory, Embarkation is a lunch buffet, and no lunch on Debarkation day. That leaves 6 lunches. We will be visiting 4 ports, and have 4 excursions planned, so no lunch on the ship on those days.

That leaves me with 2 Sea days to explore the other free eats: Guy's Burger Joint, Bluelguna Cantina, Burrito bar, Chefs Choice, and Fish & Chips.

Maybe I'll have to do a light breakfast, early lunch, mid-afternoon snack before the MDR late seating. But then, where will I add the Taste Bar and Sweet Spot?

How late are the Lunch places open? Maybe we can grab a late afternoon snack on a port day if we get back early enough.

Just try them all at embarkation and go back to the ones you liked later on. :)

On a 7-day (night) cruise on the Glory, Embarkation is a lunch buffet, and no lunch on Debarkation day.

I believe that those places are open for lunch on embarkation day ... munch away :)

Just be like a hobbit......

"Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop 'til nightfall.

Pippin: What about breakfast?

Aragorn: You've already had it.

Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?

[Aragorn turns and walks away]

Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.

Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

Merry: I wouldn't count on it."

:p

We really liked the fried oysters at fish and chips:)

I think you should definitely over eat each sea day and try it all! We loved the cheese pizza. It has 4 cheeses I think plus a sprinkle of fresh grated Parmesan out of the oven. I always think of cheese pizza for kids but this was really a wonderful pizza. Simply delicious.

On Sea days, dont forget Sea day brunch. It goes from 08.30am to 1pm, so you can still do lunch, going in as late as 1pm, or just before.

As others say, fish and chips, deli, guys, blue iguana, pizza, and last resort room service. Whether I go on a 5 day, or an 8 day cruise, I always find that there are some food venues that I did not get around to using. There is plenty of choice for lunch imo.

I'd cross the Sweet Spot off my list as a place that serves "food". It might be fun if your six years old, but as a serious dining choice for an adult? Not me!

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but do you think a lot of people go to the Sea Day Brunch for breakfast and lunch?

I normally sleep in, but it has always been one of the better meals on the cruise that I am contemplating going twice.

Once for the steak and eggs and once for something else.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but do you think a lot of people go to the Sea Day Brunch for breakfast and lunch?

I normally sleep in, but it has always been one of the better meals on the cruise that I am contemplating going twice.

DH and I generally go every Sea Day, but only once each day. We actually do it as brunch, because we are late-risers. I have heard of people going twice in one day, as you suggest, though. Knock yourself out.:)

I have not done this (yet), but there is no reason why not. I have read posts on here, and in reviews, where folks have gone early for breakfast, and later for a lunch. so you certainly can go twice, and there is enough variety I think that would appeal for breakfast and for lunch later.

OP you might want to start by checking out a recent fun times to see when each venue is open, then plan your meals around that. So if Guys is only open from 12-6 but Blue Iguana is open in the morning you can go to BI for breakfast (any day!) and Guys for lunch. Pizza is usually 24 hours so I save that for a late night snack. (I highly recommend the huevos rancheros at Blue Iguana by the way)

DBF and I have done this. Go when they open for breakfast, then around noon for lunch. Did this on the last ship we were on that did not have a Guys or BI.

We use the sea day brunch as our breakfast option on sea days.

Then had lunch at one of the options you mentioned.

You can easily grab a slice of pizza or a taco or two when you get back on the ship after a day at the islands. Heck we grabbed a burger and still went to dinner in the MDR ;)

This is so the conversation I have been having with my daughter. We are taking a whole family cruise in two weeks on the Triumph. 4 days - I have sailed her before but not the rest of the 10 folks going with us. I have scheduled the chef's table for one night (It was the Christmas gift to my children and their spouses). My daughter is a planner and is fixing a spread sheet of all the things to eat and is setting up a schedule to fit them all in!! We luckily only have one port day with an excursion, so she can fill up the other three to her heart's content.

I LOVE the Blue Iguana for breakfast. They have these chicken breakfast tacos (I think they're listed as huevos rancheros but I always ask for no eggs) that are really good. They also typically have a toppings bar with slices of watermelon.

I also love the Guy's Burgers....especially The Pig Patty.

At least once try the Blue Iguana breakfast burrito and their lunch burrito. You choose what you want in them and they are great

I love Guy's burgers but I'm not a fan of their seasoned fries. I just like "plain fries" with lots of salt. Wish they would offer them either way. But we were on the Liberty last January and they had the BEST fries....so I would always order a basket of fries there, then munch them on my way to get my burger at Guys! ;):p So as Micah's granddad suggested, just find some things you like then you can keep going back!

On Glory Fish & Chips was our favorite for lunch. :)

As "Shaky Beef" posted earlier, it's sort of hidden away so many people don't find it for the first few days.

LuLu

We were fortunate to have Fish and Chips on our last two cruises. Straight there on embarkation day. This time not so fortunate as we are on Legend. We're spoiled now and hoping to negotiate the Lido Buffet with few, if any, problems.