2 Ships Boarding in Ft. Lauderdale on the same day-How?

sasha96

How does Royal work it when two ships are boarding in Ft. Lauderdale the same day? The day we board Oasis, Indy is also boarding. Is the terminal divided? Mixed together? How do the ships dock?

They use separate terminals ...

5250281824E7B3851D71F71EF8FB71C0.jpg

port_everglades.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

We did the math a few weeks ago, and there can be anywhere between 60 to 70 THOUSAND people during a weekend, just from cruise ships, in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Most spend the night before and/or after in a hotel, so it's a real help to the economy. Just don't try to drive anywhere near the port on Sat or Sun!!

Don't know if someone has posted this, but the Port Everglades website has a good ship schedule which states what pier will be used. Also know that you can leave from one pier and return to another, causing a hassle getting your car from parking.

Happy cruising, everyone!!

Trish

That is so beneath you, Bob. :eek:

My simple comment was informative. Never would have brought it up again if someone hadn't quoted me.

Just kidding with you John, apologize if it came across as harsh.

How does Royal work it when two ships are boarding in Ft. Lauderdale the same day? The day we board Oasis, Indy is also boarding. Is the terminal divided? Mixed together? How do the ships dock?

we just got off the Seranade on Monday and there were 6 ships in dock.

Actually, i have seen as many as 8 ships in port on the same day.
As shown by Cuizer2 with Princess at T-2, HAL at T-4, RCI at T-18, Carnival at T-19, Princess at T-21, X at T-25, HAL at T-26 and RCI at T-29; and that is not even counting the Balearia day cruiser Pinar del Rio to Freeport at T-1 (which would make 9 commercial passenger vessels), nor all non-passenger vessels...

port_everglades.jpg

[quote name='sasha96']Awesome, thanks! Does Oasis usually get terminal 18? Indy will be at a different one?[/quote]

If Oasis or Allure are in port in Fort Lauderdale they always get Terminal 18 this would be Saturday and Sunday. If it is a weekday I have seen many other RCI ships use Terminal 18.