Captains Club points after upgrading onboard

clojacks

On our first Celebrity cruise, a huge East Coast snowstorm prevented a significant number of passengers from being able to make the cruise. We had an Oceanview cabin and a day in to the cruise, I inquired at GS about upgrading. I was offered a Concierge Cabin for a fee and took it. Should I have gotten Captains Club points for the days I was in the Concierge Cabin? It looks like my balance only shows that I got credit for the OV.

The policy on many lines is that if you paid for the upgrade, you get the points. If it was a free upgrade, you get what you originally paid for. But I don't know where Celebrity falls in this, so I think it is an occasion for a call to the Captain's Club rep. EM

On our first Celebrity cruise, a huge East Coast snowstorm prevented a significant number of passengers from being able to make the cruise. We had an Oceanview cabin and a day in to the cruise, I inquired at GS about upgrading. I was offered a Concierge Cabin for a fee and took it. Should I have gotten Captains Club points for the days I was in the Concierge Cabin? It looks like my balance only shows that I got credit for the OV.

It can take around 10 days to post Cclub points. If after 2 weeks it is not updated for Concierge, you can notify them - I believe it will be decisive if you can show (if needed, pic or scan) your seapass card indicating Concierge status. Concierge seapass card used to be different gold? color. Or copy of closing onboard invoice if it prints your cabin number. Good Luck

This was 2 years ago, and it didn't even hit my radar until yesterday when I was trying to figure out if we would be closer to our next Celebrity level by booking an RC cruise or a Celebrity after our upcoming 14 day Celebrity.

Just spoke to Captains Club and their answer was that if you upgrade on board, which we did at a reduced rate, you only get the points for the original cabin level booked. I understand that logic, IF you were offered an upgrade for free for some reason, but, it seems to me that if you paid to upgrade, you should get some increase in your captains club points. It shouldn't be that tough to offer a reduced ratio of points for the nights you paid to upgrade. ( I can hardly wait for the "if you wanted more points, you should have booked it originally" post.) This actually does mean that it will be quicker now to the next level in Celebrity for us by booking with RC.

Celebrity policy is that you get the points for the category that you paid for. NO extra points when upgraded for free.

Used to be if you paid for an upgrade you got the points for the higher category - but recently they implemented a new reduced price upgrade program for frequent cruisers which specifically stated NO extra points !!!