Good better best?

cwbabe48

We booked under the go best, with obc and classic beverage package. But after thinking about it for a few weeks, we have decided to change to the GO BEST since it has the best value.

You booked go best then changed to GO BEST... I guess you mean you first booked go better... Then upgraded to go best? [emoji4]

Finally it does seem they have some better deals coming out to make the most of upgrading to to the go best option... Not as good as the 123Go promo but better then it was when it was first released... We are looking to do the same on our next booking! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what internet option is for the best option that was a promo?

I'm thinking unlimited

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes unlimited for 2 in the cabin! [emoji4]

You booked go best then changed to GO BEST... I guess you mean you first booked go better... Then upgraded to go best? [emoji4]

Finally it does seem they have some better deals coming out to make the most of upgrading to to the go best option... Not as good as the 123Go promo but better then it was when it was first released... We are looking to do the same on our next booking! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, thanks for catching my typo. We are currently booked with the GO BETTER and thinking of changing to the GO BEST

Yes, thanks for catching my typo. We are currently booked with the GO BETTER and thinking of changing to the GO BEST

I guess it depends on how much internet you plan on using & what ship your on to see if the upgrades worth it... I believe the Internet on the reflection is much better since the recent upgrade so if you feel you will use it a lot then it could be worth it!

I guess it depends on how much internet you plan on using & what ship your on to see if the upgrades worth it... I believe the Internet on the reflection is much better since the recent upgrade so if you feel you will use it a lot then it could be worth it!

My plan is to use the internet to keep in touch back home to check on our house, pets, and my Dad. We spend over $100 last year calling back home while on board.

My plan is to use the internet to keep in touch back home to check on our house, pets, and my Dad. We spend over $100 last year calling back home while on board.

And you'll pay more for the internet upgrade. :rolleyes:

Not sure where you are cruising, but we use the ports to "check in". Most times for free. We were able to sit on our balcony and get port wifi at several ports in Jan. So unless you are really going to need the service a lot, consider the costs.

Just booked the Silhouette cabin 6210

We have the drink package, 30O OBC from Celebrity. Another 100 from Celebrity from the 5 day extra sale. 100 from our TA, along with free travel insurance. What a deal.

We booked 6210 on the Reflection... Who is your TA? That is one hell of a deal! You can email me bkirkham@utmck.edu

Edited by bradleyk
added email address

We have the drink package, 30O OBC from Celebrity. Another 100 from Celebrity from the 5 day extra sale. 100 from our TA, along with free travel insurance. What a deal.

It's not a deal for me unless I know how much less than the brochure/web rate you paid. :confused:

If your ta gave you 100$ of obc and travel insurance, but charged you the Celebrity better price package rate, then you didn't get a great deal. Feels good, but..... We don't pay anywhere near the posted rates.

It's not a deal for me unless I know how much less than the brochure/web rate you paid. :confused:

If your ta gave you 100$ of obc and travel insurance, but charged you the Celebrity better price package rate, then you didn't get a great deal. Feels good, but..... We don't pay anywhere near the posted rates.

Who do you use?

You don't need to know what we paid. We have cruised long enough to know what a deal is ;)

Edited by janetz

That might be a great deal though it depends on what you paid for it....lots of OBC and perks are great unless you overpay for the cruise then it all comes out in the wash...

That might be a great deal though it depends on what you paid for it....lots of OBC and perks are great unless you overpay for the cruise then it all comes out in the wash...

Yes, and I am sure that happens to many. :)

• 1 month later...

Looking at the 4 "Best" options, but limited to choosing two "Better" options, which ones will provide the best value? I like the idea of using wifi in the ports, but dh may like to have the internet available. I go back and forth between the beverage option and the tips. Do the tips cover all services--spa, bar tips, etc?

TIA!

Looking at the 4 "Best" options, but limited to choosing two "Better" options, which ones will provide the best value? I like the idea of using wifi in the ports, but dh may like to have the internet available. I go back and forth between the beverage option and the tips. Do the tips cover all services--spa, bar tips, etc?

TIA!

I originally booked my cruise with the classic beverage package and gratuities ($129 for my cruise). However, I just changed to to classic beverage package and unlimited internet for two.

I did that because we purchased an Internet package for around $150, on our last cruise, that was not unlimited. We managed our time by downloading emails, logging off, reading and writing replies, and then logging back on to send. We actually didn't use all the minutes we purchased until the morning we disembarked.

However, I saw that the unlimited package is $299 for our cruise if we pay in advance. I believe that this cost is per person but am not positive because it was on the website. While we would get a discount by buying the package on-board, I thin the "unlimited internet for two" is a better value than the gratuities.

TIA!

What is the length of your cruise?

No it does not include the tips for the spa just th regular ones that are charge to your cabin per person per day. If you take the drink package it does include the tips for the drinks included in your package.

I originally booked my cruise with the classic beverage package and gratuities ($129 for my cruise). However' date=' I just changed to to classic beverage package and unlimited internet for two.

I did that because we purchased an Internet package for around $150, on our last cruise, that was not unlimited. We managed our time by downloading emails, logging off, reading and writing replies, and then logging back on to send. We actually didn't use all the minutes we purchased until the morning we disembarked.

However, I saw that the unlimited package is $299 for our cruise if we pay in advance. I believe that this cost is per person but am not positive because it was on the website. While we would get a discount by buying the package on-board, I thin the "unlimited internet for two" is a better value than the gratuities.[/quote']

The price is determined by the length of your cruise. You really only need two packages if you want to use two devices at the same time.