Towels on shore excursions

Hotch126

You are right pipo . I found that out on my anthem cruise. There was few things I remember and it didn't happen on anthem. Every class ship gave different way of doing thing. Some are better then other. Just got to learn to stick to the rules on the ship you are in , not the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, if you were on Barefoot beach (suite beach), they provide towels for everyone on that beach. We've been there several times and it's nice not to have to worry about lugging towels, but not nice enough to justify a GS very often :-)

I was just sharing something I observed.

And I agree does not "justify" getting a GS just for towel drop off.

Besides we prefer the Crown lofts:D

Safe travels

Read my first post: MY EXPERIENCE

I know what I'm saying. Do I have to save a Compass or take a picture to every rule that is published to demonstrate what happens in a particular cruise? Where you on board the Allure of the Seas of February 3rd 2013? As you may see, the rules changed within a year, in early 2013 they were enforcing the return of towels, in 2014 they didn't.

Every cruise line, every ship, every season, every itinerary, every sailing, every cruise director, every captain is different. So don't expect what has happened to you, has also happened to the rest of people.

I agree about different rules on different ships.

A heck of a lot of people would have been very unhappy if that was the rule. I was on in late 2012. My wife used to go to the pool towel station (open 24 hrs on that ship) to get towels for the next day at 8 or 9 at night. You misread their rule. The rule was that towels must be turned in no later than 9PM on last day of the cruise. Look through your compasses. It only said that on the last night of the cruise. I am 100 % sure

Edited by SeaUs

Just returned from the midweek cruise on Her Majesty and we had to have our seapass card scanned to receive a towel as we departed to CocoCay. Upon return, they did not scan the seapass as we just tossed them into a bin. We did not have a beach shore excursion planned on any other stop, but others did and they never scanned their card upon return either.

Yet on other sailings we have been on, the seapass card was scanned when taking towels and when returning them......the inconsistency of policy from ship to ship, never stops amazing me on this.

On Serenade a month ago, they scanned our cards when taking and returning towels.

Same on Vision and Brilliance. The scanned the cards every day, not just on excursion days. The scanner appeared to be connected to the computer, because there was some typing going on too.