Drake - some guided tour information please.

leaveitallbehind

Thinking about hiring a cab / driver for the day in St. Croix to see some of the sights from a more personal level. Do you have any cab / driver services or any individual in particular that you would recommend? We would probably be interested in staying mostly local to the port v full island but would want to see the highlights.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate your help!

Thinking about hiring a cab / driver for the day in St. Croix to see some of the sights from a more personal level. Do you have any cab / driver services or any individual in particular that you would recommend? We would probably be interested in staying mostly local to the port v full island but would want to see the highlights.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate your help!

Absolutely! My usual guy is named Prince and he runs Heritage Safari Tours, you can call him at (340) 642-3811 and he will help you plan your day.

Let me know how it goes!

• 3 weeks later...
Rough idea, for a quick and short taxi or van tour just for sights what would the cost be for a group of 6.

Thanks.

Figure $65 per person with the bigger tour companies, maybe a little cheaper with some of the smaller guys.

That works out to ~$400 for the group.

I would call Prince at Heritage Safari and see if he'll do better though. (340) 642-3811

• 3 weeks later...
Absolutely! My usual guy is named Prince and he runs Heritage Safari Tours, you can call him at (340) 642-3811 and he will help you plan your day.

Let me know how it goes!

Prince was outstanding! Great guy and very involved with his customers - joined right in with us and added a lot of fun to the tour. He took our group of twelve plus three others from our ship completely around the island in his Safari truck, including Point Udall, Christiansted, where we had lunch, and the Cruzan Rum Distillary, where we had a tour. He also stopped periodically for "educational comments", which added a lot to our understanding of the island.

He picked us up exactly on time and got us back to the ship at the time we requested, well ahead of final boarding. Very reasonably priced - probably less than half of what a ship sponsored tour would have cost - and very personalized for our group.

I would highly recommend Prince to anyone wanting a private tour for themselves or a group. Good recommendation, Drake - thanks!

And thanks again, Prince - great meeting you and hope to see you again!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 1 month later...
Prince was outstanding! Great guy and very involved with his customers - joined right in with us and added a lot of fun to the tour. He took our group of twelve plus three others from our ship completely around the island in his Safari truck, including Point Udall, Christiansted, where we had lunch, and the Cruzan Rum Distillary, where we had a tour. He also stopped periodically for "educational comments", which added a lot to our understanding of the island.

He picked us up exactly on time and got us back to the ship at the time we requested, well ahead of final boarding. Very reasonably priced - probably less than half of what a ship sponsored tour would have cost - and very personalized for our group.

I would highly recommend Prince to anyone wanting a private tour for themselves or a group. Good recommendation, Drake - thanks!

And thanks again, Prince - great meeting you and hope to see you again!

I am so happy to hear it went well! I've used him a few times myself when I have guests in town but I always worried how he'd treat the tourists. Thanks for letting me know @leaveitallbehind!