Online Checkin/ Setsail Pass

Just finished doing the online checkin for Royal Caribbean Cruise and 2 interesting things.

1. I completed the Payment section ( for purchases onboard) , we use a Visa Card and I ticked that both will use that method did husband first , but on my pass it's saying CASH

2. We were given $200 OBC ( showing on the TA Invoice & receipt ) but it is not showing anywhere on the Setsail documentation .

Anyone shed any light on these or do I ring the Online TA re 2 and Royal C re 1

Just finished doing the online checkin for Royal Caribbean Cruise and 2 interesting things.

1. I completed the Payment section ( for purchases onboard) , we use a Visa Card and I ticked that both will use that method did husband first , but on my pass it's saying CASH

2. We were given $200 OBC ( showing on the TA Invoice & receipt ) but it is not showing anywhere on the Setsail documentation .

Anyone shed any light on these or do I ring the Online TA re 2 and Royal C re 1

1/. You can go back, edit and alter at any time, then re-print.

You husband should complete section that his credit card is to pay for all guests on the reservation with credit card. When yours is then done it should show that your husband is paying yours.

2/. OBC will show when on ship. Usually after 24-48 hours.

Sue and Phil

You husband should complete section that his credit card is to pay for all guests on the reservation with credit card. When yours is then done it should show that your husband is paying yours.

Sue and Phil

Agree with this. Take the documentation with you and if the OBC doesn't show, go to guest services.

Sue and Phil

You have to tick that box, this card for both.

I've known OBC to take three days to show up. Not sure why:confused:

Thanks everyone ...will wait for the OBC and WE DID tick for both when completing my husbands details . We have another cruise in April and was carefully watching out what we did and same thing has occurred ...Oh well just might mean a slight delay at boarding

Thanks everyone ...will wait for the OBC and WE DID tick for both when completing my husbands details . We have another cruise in April and was carefully watching out what we did and same thing has occurred ...Oh well just might mean a slight delay at boarding

They always swipe your card at check in anyway.:D

This "CASH" business is a problem if you are b2b cruising. My husband's CC has always covered both of our accounts. When we did a b2b on the Radiance in December/January, my Ticket said "Cash" even though we had filled out the online "form" correctly. I rang Royal and they told me I had nothing to worry about.

True up to a point. Check-in was normal; they swiped the card for both.

Come the second cruise - Problem - All of a sudden I am a cash customer and could I get Guest Services to understand? Nope. They just wanted me to ring my Bank as "my" bank had rejected the card. Explaining the situation to them was like banging your head up against a brick wall. Eventually, one of the girls understood the "problem" and "cleared" the card immediately and sent me a bottle of wine for my trouble:cool:.

As we are about to do a b2b2b, I wrote to Royal asking them to address this problem as again, my online check-in states I am CASH. The letter I have received back from them is just nonsensical.

To keep my blood pressure from boiling over at Guest Services,:eek: we are going to put the CC through twice on the online checkin, ie I will give my DH's cc for his ticket and then use the same card for me - just where it states "name on card" I will insert his name. Can I suggest you do the same. If that doesn't work, we will use two different credit cards.

Cheers

Di

I had the same issue on a recent cruise.

It was no issue and sorted at check in though. (Don't know if it was just a display issue, or if they had to change things, but there was no mention/delay).