Should we do the TA or go on the Harmony?

TA for me, most always go for the longer cruise. I also think the ships with all the bells & whistles are wasted on a Med cruise, very port intensive, not much time on the ship, however you are still dealing with getting off and on the ship with 6000 others.

Edited by clarea

So I posted on here awhile back about doing the TA on the Brilliance in October, and we've narrowed it down to that sailing or going out of Barcelona on the Harmony in a GS. Thoughts?

I would love to try the GS but the itinerary is what would drive my motivation.

See, I'd rather go with less passengers, but hubby really wants to do the Mediterranean on the Harmony since it's a brand new ship. I do like the idea of a GS though. He wants to do an OS if we do the TA.

So many beautiful things to see on the Med, I'd want to be on a ship that had public venues with lots of windows.

Does one really need recovery after a cruise? 😁

Med cruises can be intensive. Some ports are quite far from the city, so there can be a 60-90 minute ride one-way to the city. Then, there is so much to see, so the tours can last all day. The next day, you wake up early and start all over again.

See, I'd rather go with less passengers, but hubby really wants to do the Mediterranean on the Harmony since it's a brand new ship. I do like the idea of a GS though. He wants to do an OS if we do the TA.

I don't think there are any suites left on the Brilliance TA next fall. That category usually sells out quickly on TAs. Having said that, however, that TA has a really nice itinerary. We looked at it before booking on her sister Jewel of the Seas. You'd be going to Malaga, Gibraltar, and San Juan. Heavenly! We really enjoy those ports.

I've always felt that I'd like a TA after a Med cruise, because I'd need to recover from the Med cruise.:)

Does one really need recovery after a cruise?

Good point. Yes, some port intensive cruises can be really tiring. A long cruise with lots of sea days will help recover.:D

See, I haven't done either a med cruise or a TA, so that's good info.

The timing is ish...I can only take 14 days off of work. But I might be able to wiggle some more time off.

See if you can, it will be worth it. If you cannot do it due to the limited time off, perhaps the med cruise is better.

An alternative opinion to others on this thread. After all that is what CC is all about, different perspectives.

I have been on Harmony's sister ships Allure and Oasis. Huge ships with 6,000 passengers but it doesn't feel crowded. The ship layout disperses the crowds. There are also quiet, pleasant areas like Central Park. I hate crowds but I love this ship class.

I am based in UK so done quite a few Med cruises, mainly from Barcelona. Last one was on the Allure last year.

Each port stop needn't be an exhaustive day away from the ship. Pace yourself and get to enjoy the ports and the ship at a leisurely pace. Only gets intensive if you try and do everything on one trip.

The suite experience on Oasis was amazing. Great suite lounge, exclusive Sun Deck and Coastal Kitchen. I would imagine the same will be true on Harmony.

Barcelona is itself a great place to visit so worth booking a hotel stay pre cruise. So much to see and do.

BTW, when we were on Allure last year they used 2 terminals for embarkation and disembarkation. Interesting idea which made both very easy.

If I thought we could handle it financially, I would want to do a med cruise followed by the TA to relax going home vs the long flight.

Same way we feel. No desire to do a Med cruise followed immediately by a long flight home.