Response from Norwegian? RE: Gem cruise on 01/22/2016

jdsnaker

Has anyone received any type of response from NCL regarding their complaint concerning the Gem cruise on 01/22/2016. We have emailed, filled out their email post cruise survey, and mailed letters regarding how they failed to even try to control the behavior of the group of rude, vulgar, obnoxious, and disrespectful passengers on board and have heard nothing back yet. This group ruined our on-board experience on this cruise. NCL has got be aware of the problems this group caused! There had to be many complaints filed.

We (6 of us) are booked on the Epic next January. Should NCL choose not to address this issue in a substantial way, we will have to decide if we will cancel our upcoming cruise and break ties with NCL.

Norwegian Spirit June 10, 2007 6-Day Bahamas & Florida

Norwegian Dawn December 04, 2009 9-Day Southern Caribbean

Pride of America February 11, 2012 7-Day Hawaii Inter-Island

Norwegian Dawn January 20, 2013 7-Day Western Caribbean

Norwegian Gem January 22, 2016 10-Day Eastern Caribbean

I'm wondering why the pax on this cruise didn't just stop a senior officer or 2 at some point and just ask..." Why are you allowing this behavior to continue and why are you pandering to 500 unruly pax at the expense of the other 1700 pax?

Straight forward questions require straightforward answers

If anyone had the opportunity I suggest and took it....what was their response?

I don't think you are "safe" if your cruise is not on that website. Their prices are sky high. From everything I've read they must book directly and take full advantage of kids sail free. I have followed this closely as I almost booked that January cruise this year. I'm pretty quiet but their behavior would have put me over the edge. I'd be in jail if a kid spit on me!

That makes sense as many of NYC's big attractions are "pay as you wish" on Wednesdays - such as the Bronx Zoo and I believe the Museum of Natural History.

Yes they are but just to clarify for those who do not know this..... the museum of natural history and the metropolitan museum of art are always free for anyone at anytime. Not the imax stuff etc but the general admission is free

It always has been

It's a suggested donation of some ridiculous amount and many people think they must pay it

You can pay as little Or as much as you want

I usually give $10 for my entire family and the desk clerks don't bat an eye. Rather they welcome us and smile and say enjoy your visit

Edited by luvtheships

OP, I would be greatly surprised if you received anything other than "we are sorry for your inconvenience" from NCL (and you are likely not even going to receive that). I've seen the same type of non-response reported for loud passengers in the next cabin that prevented sleep (and yes, I know that there is a difference but it is still passenger versus passenger and NCL doesn't like to take sides/get involved).

Edited by sparks1093

Has anyone received any type of response from NCL regarding their complaint concerning the Gem cruise on 01/22/2016. We have emailed, filled out their email post cruise survey, and mailed letters regarding how they failed to even try to control the behavior of the group of rude, vulgar, obnoxious, and disrespectful passengers on board and have heard nothing back yet. This group ruined our on-board experience on this cruise. NCL has got be aware of the problems this group caused! There had to be many complaints filed.

We (6 of us) are booked on the Epic next January. Should NCL choose not to address this issue in a substantial way, we will have to decide if we will cancel our upcoming cruise and break ties with NCL.

Norwegian Spirit June 10, 2007 6-Day Bahamas & Florida

Norwegian Dawn December 04, 2009 9-Day Southern Caribbean

Pride of America February 11, 2012 7-Day Hawaii Inter-Island

Norwegian Dawn January 20, 2013 7-Day Western Caribbean

Norwegian Gem January 22, 2016 10-Day Eastern Caribbean

Try contacting Viviana Mantilla - vmantilla@ncl.com.

She is a Guest Relation Coordinator.

I'm wondering why the pax on this cruise didn't just stop a senior officer or 2 at some point and just ask..." Why are you allowing this behavior to continue and why are you pandering to 500 unruly pax at the expense of the other 1700 pax?

Straight forward questions require straightforward answers

If anyone had the opportunity I suggest and took it....what was their response?

We did, they did nothing about it! That's the complaint. NCL allowed this group to ruin the other passengers vacations.