Travel Insurance from TravelSafe

travler27

I always get my insurance form TravelSafe as it's much better coverage than you get from the cruise line. They are closed right now but I thought someone might be able to help me. If I buy insurance for say a $2,000 cruise and then a couple of months down the road decide to upgrade my room and the total becomes $3,000 can I call the insurance company and up my coverage?

I always get my insurance form TravelSafe as it's much better coverage than you get from the cruise line. They are closed right now but I thought someone might be able to help me. If I buy insurance for say a $2,000 cruise and then a couple of months down the road decide to upgrade my room and the total becomes $3,000 can I call the insurance company and up my coverage?

Yes, I have done this but in reverse when airfare and even a cruise have gone down in price.;)

Policy modifications --some affect travel insurance price (eg, trip cost if you have trip protection/cancellation coverages), and some do not affect travel insurance price (eg, name change, address change, etc) can be handled by the travel insurance provider.

https://www.csatravelprotection.com/support/frequently-asked-questions

You should always check directly with the insurer or insurance broker about the terms of the *specific* policy you purchased (or are considering).

There can be meaningful differences in what is available or required for different policies, and all that will matter is what involves *your* policy, not others or "in general".

What might be accurate for one type of coverage or company (such as CSA) might not be accurate for a different policy.

The fine print for *your* policy is what matters.

The policies that we get do allow this "ramping up" of coverage as the non-refundable costs are increased.

But there are deadlines for adding, as the costs are increased.

Finally, what really matters is what YOUR policy states, not what anonymous posters on an Internet forum tell you.

You should always check directly with the insurer or insurance broker about the terms of the *specific* policy you purchased (or are considering).

There can be meaningful differences in what is available or required for different policies, and all that will matter is what involves *your* policy, not others or "in general".

What might be accurate for one type of coverage or company (such as CSA) might not be accurate for a different policy.

The fine print for *your* policy is what matters.

The policies that we get do allow this "ramping up" of coverage as the non-refundable costs are increased.

But there are deadlines for adding, as the costs are increased.

Finally, what really matters is what YOUR policy states, not what anonymous posters on an Internet forum tell you.

Totally agree with you! When I replied I forgot to specify that I use Travel Safe, the one original poster asked about, and was commenting on my experience and what reps from tripinsurance have explained to me.