Strange emails again !

lovescarborough

After receiving the same email as others last week showing how many times we had cruised etc ( all incorrect of course ! ) I just got another one headlined ' we miss you - here's a peek at what's new ' . Well considering we just got off the Millennium three weeks ago and go again on the Eclipse in April, plus have three more cruises booked till 2018 why exactly are they missing me !

Once in awhile, I get emails addressed to me. Every day, Celebrity sends out an email to my same email addressed to Andrew. Now, I am not sure who Andrew is but I get all of his emails -- even to book his shore excursions. I have notified them about this in the past and it still happens. My guess is that way back when, their database was off by a line and someone else is getting emails that are intended for me. Not for me to worry about though...I think I am getting ones that have my specific itinerary and reservation number attached to it as I never get one for Andrew with any reservation numbers on it ...but who knows??

Why in the hell, can't they get this straightened out. Is it they won't spend the money to re-do their IT department? 10 years ago it was frustrating, 5 years ago it was sometimes funny, now it's approaching deal breaker time....

Plus they got a new CEO not long ago, I quess it's not a top priorty item to keep their customers happy.

J

They are broadcast emails...sometimes called Spam, sent out to all folks on their mailing list. It is a form of advertising. Somewhere along the line you probably checked off the box that indicated you want to receive emails from Celebrity.

If you don't want them any longer, log on to the site and uncheck that box on your preferences.

It is email, I am certain that it is not the first time (or last) that you have received unsolicited emails :)

Along these same lines, we booked the Silhouette April TA last week. I signed up for the connections party. Every morning since I have received an email from Celebrity welcoming me to the party! Wonder how many I will have racked up by April 10?

Why in the hell, can't they get this straightened out. Is it they won't spend the money to re-do their IT department? 10 years ago it was frustrating, 5 years ago it was sometimes funny, now it's approaching deal breaker time....

You would stop cruising on Celebrity because of too many emails?

Along these same lines, we booked the Silhouette April TA last week. I signed up for the connections party. Every morning since I have received an email from Celebrity welcoming me to the party! Wonder how many I will have racked up by April 10?

I get the same email, every morning, about our Connections Party! I think their computer program is stuck in a loop somewhere, LOL:eek::rolleyes::confused:

Plus they got a new CEO not long ago, I quess it's not a top priorty item to keep their customers happy.

J

There's the rub. Their customers apparently are happy, or at least happy enough to sign on again and again. Why spend the money to correct a system that's good enough?

Me, too....that is so funny. I was wondering if I have to confirm or something because I just keep getting one every single day.... and my cruise is just under a year away so I could possibly get like 360 more. LOL

Never would this e-mail issue stop me from cruising with my favorite line! I get hundreds of emails a day and I just do a mass delete in the morning.