Pride: No Rooms for 5?

amandajean06

Hi all,

I figured someone with more experience than myself could help...my family is booked on the Pride in May of 2017. My friend is hoping to go along as well, and she is a single mom of 4 kids, ages 18 down to 10. She is obviously on a tight budget! I did a mock booking a couple of times and it won't let me select 5 passengers in one room. Are there no rooms at all for 5 on the Pride? For some reason, I thought I saw that some OV's were accessible for 5. If not...would you think that the next best option would be two interiors, then? Thanks in advance!

Amanda

We are a family of five also. Going on our first cruise in March. When we were researching and pricing things out we found that it wasn't too much of a difference in price to book the 2 interiors and having an extra bathroom/shower is a definite plus for us.

-Michele

I don't know about the pride specifically but I know sometimes you have to call in to get cabins that are for more than the standard 4 people :) it's worth a shot! Alternatively, depending on the sailing it might the same price to do two interiors. I looked at an OV on one sailing I was pricing and it was the exact same price to get two lido interiors side by side! I would call in and ask for all available options :)

Hi all,

I figured someone with more experience than myself could help...my family is booked on the Pride in May of 2017. My friend is hoping to go along as well, and she is a single mom of 4 kids, ages 18 down to 10. She is obviously on a tight budget! I did a mock booking a couple of times and it won't let me select 5 passengers in one room. Are there no rooms at all for 5 on the Pride? For some reason, I thought I saw that some OV's were accessible for 5. If not...would you think that the next best option would be two interiors, then? Thanks in advance!

Amanda

If you don't have 4 in your cabin you can always on "paper" put one in your room.

Only a few ships can have 5 in a cabin. Those grandfathered in to accept a temporary bed (Fantasy class a be one or two others) have the newer ships that have a Family cabin.

The Spirit class has none of these. She'll need to book two cabins - a double and a triple.

I don't know about the pride specifically but I know sometimes you have to call in to get cabins that are for more than the standard 4 people :) it's worth a shot! Alternatively, depending on the sailing it might the same price to do two interiors. I looked at an OV on one sailing I was pricing and it was the exact same price to get two lido interiors side by side! I would call in and ask for all available options :)

It is not up to the ship to add a 5th to a room sized for 4. There are zero rooms on the Pride where you can have 5 people.

We are a family of five also. Going on our first cruise in March. When we were researching and pricing things out we found that it wasn't too much of a difference in price to book the 2 interiors and having an extra bathroom/shower is a definite plus for us.

-Michele

We are booked on the Pride and a family of 5 as well. We booked two interior rooms with obstructed views. The ability to have 2 showers was also a big plus for us. When I played with bookings for ships that could accommodate 5...the price appereared higher then what I am paying for the two rooms.