Going Casual

gymbomb

We sail mostly NCL and don't dress up for dinner every night, but usually do a couple of times per cruise. My Mom and I are doing a low key "girls trip" next month and have decided we will not be packing dress clothes or makeup. We will take capris and sandals for dinner, but that is it. I will miss wearing some of my fun dresses that I really only wear when we cruise, but I am looking forward to the ease of packing!

Who else has gone casual for a whole cruise? Did it feel relaxing and freeing, or did you miss dressing up?

We did that on our last cruise...10 days in the Mediterranean. We stuck to specialty and the buffet for dinner and stayed casual. I brought a jersey skirt and jersey pants, but everything else was bermuda shorts and casual tops. I loved it! I mainly did this since we were flying to Europe and I wanted to keep to one checked suitcase for me. It was nice not to have to spend a bunch of time getting ready for dinner.

Lisa

This will be an NCL cruise in the Caribbean, so our casual will still look better than many people and will be completely acceptable at all restaurants onboard. We have skipped formal night (which is optional anyway on NCL) before, but usually at least put on a comfortable dress and some makeup a couple of nights :)

This is my first vacation without my son who is 2 and I am looking forward to relaxing, reading a lot of books, and getting away from the real world!! He will be at home with my husband enjoying extra tv time and treats while I am away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by gymbomb

This will be an NCL cruise in the Caribbean, so our casual will still look better than many people and will be completely acceptable at all restaurants onboard. We have skipped formal night (which is optional anyway on NCL) before, but usually at least put on a comfortable dress and some makeup a couple of nights :)

This is my first vacation without my son who is 2 and I am looking forward to relaxing, reading a lot of books, and getting away from the real world!! He will be at home with my husband enjoying extra tv time and treats while I am away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good and I am sure that with NCL in the Caribbean, you will be dressed fine.:D