Booking problem

rundent

Against my better judgement I booked a GTY, I'm not much of a gambler and don't like tension, so when I saw a good cabin in my category [A-1 on Nautica] I decided to take it. So I called my TA and told her to take 7060 which had become available. About a month later I went on O's site to pick my 4 free tours and saw that I was still a GTY. My TA claims that she has email from them showing the change. I have a new invoice with the change, but that's from the TA. Every cabin is waitlisted so little chance of freeing up a cabin until final payment bailout (?).

Also when I just went to the site I see that it doesn't show any of the tours that I had selected - got them on the phone.

Can't say for sure that it's not my TA with the cabin mixup.

When you chose your free excursions did you input your cc information & follow through to the check out ?

Not sure if you could try calling Oceania about the cabin but usually you have to work through your TA

I would ask your TA to re check with Oceania & the original invoice to be sure they did confirm your selected cabin

I had never used their tours so can't swear that I crossed all of the "t's" etc. I'd thought I did it right.

My TA says she had gotten an email from O confirming the room. It might be a bit insulting to ask her for a copy of said email.

I had never used their tours so can't swear that I crossed all of the "t's" etc. I'd thought I did it right.

My TA says she had gotten an email from O confirming the room. It might be a bit insulting to ask her for a copy of said email.

No it wouldnt..ask her..

Jancruz1

If she did get confirmation of the cabin for you & now you no longer have it

then she/he should be working to get it back for you

I agree with Jan

Definitely agree with the above folks.

There should be absolutely *nothing* "insulting" about asking your TA for "a copy of the documents for your records".

After all, YOU are the one who will be boarding!

And if there is ANY reticence (or worse) from the TA about this request, then you definitely need a new TA.

The TA works to assist you with your travels.

If they can't/won't (or are at all reluctant) to provide you with any/all documentation of what your trip includes, there is something very wrong.

Also, it's not clear why you would even think of this type of request as being "insulting".

And IF, as you wondered earlier, you "[c]an't say for sure that it's not my TA with the cabin mixup" - then you really do need to find out.

No point risking future snafu's with a less-than-great TA.