All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Laurie, I'm enjoying your pictures so much! You both look relaxed and happy. Your outfits are beautiful. Did you have a favorite? Your hair looks lovely too.

We noticed on QM2 that some of the photographers were waaaay better than others. We had our favorite and her pictures were always the best. We don't do all the poses, sitting ones especially, so after a while they got used to us saying, no, that's enough, thank you very much. 🙂

How did you like Chacchoben? We had a good guide and even the ride there was interesting. How did the sloth feel? Hairy or furry? I must say, I am a bit afraid of monkeys! No monkey pictures for me.

I definitely felt like my packing could have been better. I relied on my memory of what I had already done earlier, so by the time I did my final pack I was not as diligent as I could have been. Like, I took the wrong hairbrush, so I had funky hair issues when I blew it dry. I didn't think to check that my pencil makeup items were sharp. I had changed my dress selection and hadn't revisited my jewelry selections. Not a tragedy, for sure, but just so annoying sometimes.

Did I say I lost my glasses on the last day of the cruise? Grrr. I had some contacts and my prescription sunglasses, so I managed. Then, because I had covid when I got home, I had to wait to go in for new ones. Finally my new glasses will be in next week! 

• Like 1

We loved Chacchoben.  I'm in awe that they were able to do this, so many years ago without all the lovely conveniences that we have now.  It's just amazing.  We had a really good guide too.  I found the walking to and from the areas to be very relaxing too.  Nature is healing to the mind.

As to a favorite outfit, that was really hard.  I think I felt the most confident in my dark green formal night dress.  Each outfit had something that I truly loved though.  For example, while you don't see them in the pictures I chose to post, the earrings I wore with the brown dress I loved.  They were fun, and I felt like I was being myself.  

The red jumpsuit felt like I allowed myself from freedom.  The olive green dress felt like everything just came together, and it is a dress that I have had for quite some time, that I have worn on many occasions.  The ivory dress just felt so pretty, and then I was wearing a pearl bracelet from when my husband and I got married.

If I had to pick a favorite, I think I'm going to go with the long green dress.

Margaret and Melody, what was your favorite?   am always curious to see what others think.

Ugh, I'm sorry you lost your glasses!  I hope you love your new ones as much.

Like I said during my review, I am definitely making updates to my packing list, and I shouldn't have to worry about how early I get certain things out down the road. 

On a side note, I showed my husband a tropical shirt and told him I should get this for him and he said okay.  Gasp.  Really.  Well, there is a special reason for that.

Syracuse Orange Wes & Willy Vintage Floral Button-Up Shirt - Navy (fanatics.com)

It's a Syracuse shirt too!  And I have my eye on a dress at Chico's Off the Rack that is orange, and will fit in with my cruise wardrobe.  For $29.99, maybe I should grab it.  We would coordinate one night!

Tulip-Hem Shoshoni Dress - Chico's Off The Rack - Chico's Outlet (chicosofftherack.com) 

• Like 1

We’ve done those ruins in Costa Maya, hotter than Hades. Love the pictures sitting on the stairs!!!  Nachi, my favorite, favorite place. Their grilled grouper has to be the best fish I’ve ever eaten. Melody

E4B65830-09CC-4304-A4D0-7270AC4FEEC1.jpeg

OMG the grilled grouper. Yes Yes Yes.

So funny you posted that orange Chicos dress, Laurie. I got the sale email and that's one that I was seriously thinking about! I just haven't been to Chicos in a while so I don't know which size to order. Sometimes things from there run really big on me depending on the cut. Sometimes with the pants, there is room for hips that I just don't have. 🙂 I'm very straight up and down.

I don't really have a favorite for you, Laurie. I truly love the formal green dress. So elegant and so interesting, and the color is divine, and it fits you beautifully. Surprisingly for me (because I can't imagine myself in a pantsuit) I really liked you in your red one. I imagine it could dress up or down really easily, and it was a good color for you. The ivory was just classic and elegant, which you know I like.

You know, when you originally posted the tropical one, I was really wondering about the color. But it really suits you and the fit is perfect. I really like that one a lot.

The trick with that shirt in your embarkation photo (that is loose in the front) is that you need to pose straight on in those (and cross your legs a bit). I have learned that the hard way. If you tuck yourself close to hubby, and drape your outside arm just so, you can hide the fullness of the fabric and look more like yourself.  🙂

Edited by MJC
  • Like 1

I was wondering about Chico's because I have nothing from their store and I have no idea about the fit.  I was looking at this also:

https://www.chicosofftherack.com/store/product/Twist-Neck-Knee-Length-Dress/570333491?color=4141&size=9908&utm_medium=Display&utm_source=Facebook_Retargeting&utm_campaign=SA-OTR-FB-Sales-RTG&utm_content=23851814083440454x23851203025320454x23851203025330454&fbclid=IwAR1x5Lwarxir_Blgn0QlE80deqXfo9uRrdkuW7P3m-9T8ft0x2fP28OlpZY

Generally, if a dress is jersey I can take it in a bit if I need to.  I really need a larger size on top .  The green maxi from my cruise is an example of this.

I tempted to order both, and get the size 2, which is listed as 12/14.  Then I can adjust the shoulders and waist area if needed.  The purplish dress looks to have an ideal styling.  

I have to say it's fun when you wear dresses on a cruise, and come back looking forward to wearing them again.

• Like 1

I loved all of your outfits Laurie, especially that red jumpsuit.

I wear a 2 in Chicos tops & a 1.5 in pants (their Brigettes are the only pants I really like). I have a hard time with the no iron shirts, the buttons bulge out (too much chest) I wish they made the shirts a 2.5, 2 is too tight but a 3 looks like a tent. I’d say easily 95% of my wardrobe is now Chicos

Now is a great time to try Chicos, they have a huge sale going on. Make sure to try on final sale items (they are the only thing that can’t be returned). They have a fabulous cocoa bean color this year. Melody. 

I'm a pretty solid 10 now in bottoms.  The shorts I bought from Chicos Outlet last summer are a 1.5.  Could have used a 1.25, I think - I was always pulling them up.  Yes, I know they don't have 1.25 😉   With tops, I'm still in a little bit of denial on possibly being a smaller size, I think.  I would always go for the XL (big bust and wide shoulders), but I'm finding those too big at times.  If the shirt/dress is made for "models" with no bust, I go XL and have to alter the waist or just let it be oversized.  I haven't tried any Chicos tops/dresses for years - since I was a 16/18/2X.  

I hate clothing sizing...

4 hours ago, laurspag said:

I've been trying to figure out the sizing.  Do you think they run big or small?

I think I'm going to order the 2.

Laurie if you can get in to try on its best. I wear a 2 in tops, you likely would too. I wear a 1.5 in pants. Some tops (crossover slub) run very large. The sequin top I bought runs very, very small, I bought a 3 in it. Melody 

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm a pretty solid 10 now in bottoms.  The shorts I bought from Chicos Outlet last summer are a 1.5.  Could have used a 1.25, I think - I was always pulling them up.  Yes, I know they don't have 1.25 😉   With tops, I'm still in a little bit of denial on possibly being a smaller size, I think.  I would always go for the XL (big bust and wide shoulders), but I'm finding those too big at times.  If the shirt/dress is made for "models" with no bust, I go XL and have to alter the waist or just let it be oversized.  I haven't tried any Chicos tops/dresses for years - since I was a 16/18/2X.  

I hate clothing sizing...

I’ve had good luck with Chicos tops & dresses. That red dress of mine that you liked is a 2, doesn’t fit snugly

On 11/11/2022 at 2:27 PM, laurspag said:

We loved Chacchoben.  I'm in awe that they were able to do this, so many years ago without all the lovely conveniences that we have now.  It's just amazing.  We had a really good guide too.  I found the walking to and from the areas to be very relaxing too.  Nature is healing to the mind.

As to a favorite outfit, that was really hard.  I think I felt the most confident in my dark green formal night dress.  Each outfit had something that I truly loved though.  For example, while you don't see them in the pictures I chose to post, the earrings I wore with the brown dress I loved.  They were fun, and I felt like I was being myself.  

The red jumpsuit felt like I allowed myself from freedom.  The olive green dress felt like everything just came together, and it is a dress that I have had for quite some time, that I have worn on many occasions.  The ivory dress just felt so pretty, and then I was wearing a pearl bracelet from when my husband and I got married.

If I had to pick a favorite, I think I'm going to go with the long green dress.

Margaret and Melody, what was your favorite?   am always curious to see what others think.

Ugh, I'm sorry you lost your glasses!  I hope you love your new ones as much.

Like I said during my review, I am definitely making updates to my packing list, and I shouldn't have to worry about how early I get certain things out down the road. 

On a side note, I showed my husband a tropical shirt and told him I should get this for him and he said okay.  Gasp.  Really.  Well, there is a special reason for that.

Syracuse Orange Wes & Willy Vintage Floral Button-Up Shirt - Navy (fanatics.com)

It's a Syracuse shirt too!  And I have my eye on a dress at Chico's Off the Rack that is orange, and will fit in with my cruise wardrobe.  For $29.99, maybe I should grab it.  We would coordinate one night!

Tulip-Hem Shoshoni Dress - Chico's Off The Rack - Chico's Outlet (chicosofftherack.com) 

Cute dress but if it’s not a final sale I’d order a 2 & a 3. Sometimes OTR sizing is a bit off. 

I loved your green dress & the jumpsuit. 

12 hours ago, MJC said:

I am wondering about the spandex in the orange dress. I don't like clingy things.

Sometimes OTR Clothes are a bit off on size, I’d size up (for $29 you could alter & still not spend much)

Our local Macy's has some awesome dress bargains right now. We have three cruises on the books (2 in 2023 and 1 in 2024) so I decided to take a look, and came home with two dresses. And I already have shoes to go with both of them. This Alex Evenings was $39:

AlexEveningsBluesm.JPG.8b705683a89275c431cccb3fc7df9dfd.JPG

and I found this Eliza J in a peach/apricot color... it was only $34!  I love the asymmetrical hem:

eliza-j-Ivory-Asymmetrical-Lace-Fit-Flare-Dresssm.JPG.deecb6c76893512e7c9ccf6716dcc3f0.JPG

• Like 1

It's been a crazy busy week.  I wanted to mention though that we booked a cruise on Harmony of the Seas for September!  I was surprised my husband chose this.  I generally discuss dates and options with our TA, and then narrow down the list based on price, itinerary and other things.  So when my husband and I were looking at the list, he said "how about this one?"  I made sure he knew which ship Harmony was.  He prefers Voyager class or Freedom class, and Harmony is much bigger.  I think that he liked the itinerary, and he knows the ship has a lot to offer.  I am looking forward to planning already!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, laurspag said:

It's been a crazy busy week.  I wanted to mention though that we booked a cruise on Harmony of the Seas for September!  I was surprised my husband chose this.  I generally discuss dates and options with our TA, and then narrow down the list based on price, itinerary and other things.  So when my husband and I were looking at the list, he said "how about this one?"  I made sure he knew which ship Harmony was.  He prefers Voyager class or Freedom class, and Harmony is much bigger.  I think that he liked the itinerary, and he knows the ship has a lot to offer.  I am looking forward to planning already!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We’re on Harmony (first time) in 2 weeks. Our first huge ship. Will it be out of Galveston again??

This will be out of Miami.

The big ships have a lot to offer.  They tend tobe a bit more crowded, and an oceanview balcony is a must for me.  I'm excited...we went on Oasis a good five years ago and we enjoyed it. I felt a bit closed in, so we did radiance class for a while after that.  

This time, I feel prepared for the style of ship so I'm happy with it.

The Black Friday sale saved me $150 total on the picture package and internet package so I'm glad I always monitor prices.

I'm going to book a beach bed for Cococay.  Those are awesome, and the cabanas are just ridiculous right now.

• Like 1

Laurie, how exciting to have another cruise to look forward to. And Melody's is right around the corner! We jumped on the last minute fares from Manhattan Cruise Terminal and booked an NCL to the Bahamas and back in January. It's nice not to have to book flights and a hotel and figure out how to get to port! We will visit Bermuda, Nassau, Great Stirrup Key, and Port Canaveral. We've already decided on our activities for each.

The things that swayed us to try NCL for the first time are that the Gem is a smaller ship, and the fare included tips and a drink package (which we've never had). We snagged an aft balcony which is our favorite location. It seems lightly booked which makes me happy after my recent covid adventure. When compared to the other winter getaway ideas we were considering, it is a great value and easy to get to.

One tradition we have is that we always talk about where we want to go next on our way home from vacation. Somehow it makes the trip home go by a little faster. So, we are booked on a Norway cruise for September and I just emptied our Skymiles account for airfare to London. 😄

• Like 1

Melody, I only had three pies this year.  There were only four of us!  It was a fun, quiet, relaxing day.  I missed having my grandson with us, but he was with his dad this time.

I am currently working on decorating.  I take some vacation time every year at Thanksgiving.  Wednesday is for baking pies and some other food prep work.  Friday, it depends.  Sometimes it is shopping.  This year it was house decorating.  Today, I have a small project to do for our decorating, but we are going to a basketball game.  Tomorrow is tree decorating.  I will have a total of four trees this year.  It sounds over the top, doesn't it?  I have found that decorating for Christmas is very therapeutic for me.  I have had two trees for a while now - living room and family room.  Last year I decided that I really wanted the living room tree to be more intentionally decorated, I guess you could say.  There is a theme of white, a brighter, lighter green and gold.  I had so much fun with it, that I told my husband that I would like to get two pencil trees for either side of the dining room hutch.  Our living room and dining room are really one big room, so I figured that these should coordinate but didn't need to be exactly the same.

The plan was to get them next year or the year after, but when I mentioned it to my husband, he got to talking to my older daughter, who told him they were on sale and what ones to get.  He gave them to me last week because he said that it needed to be an early Christmas present so that I could set them up this year.  I have them assembled, but not decorated yet.   That is where my project comes in - I ordered some picks for the tree and I am going to flock them in the garage on a big piece of plastic.  

We have a family tradition of decorating the main tree together.  That doesn't have a theme, but if is what I call a happy tree, in a room that is decorated similarly.  There is a lot of traditional red and green in the family room, and lots of things that I consider very fun and ideal for my grandson.  We even have a train that goes around the bottom of the tree.  The fun part is that this theme emerged before my grandson was even born.

I love having different styles going on in different rooms, as I don't like just one thing.  

Anita, if you are reading this, can you help me out, please?  One time, we were having a discussion about things that have been in the family, and how we feel guilt about getting rid of them.  You had a name for it and I have been trying to remember it.  

I have slowly been letting go of things like that.  We have some Christmas items that we are very attached to, and others that we are not.  So we do a little cleaning at a time.  It is much easier to do when something is in a state of disrepair.  Then there are a few things that we love, but they don't fit in anywhere.  I consider that a personal challenge this year, in that I need to let go of the concept of a perfectly themed room.  As a result, I am realizing that there are ways to do this by showcasing them by themselves on a table or something like that.  

I'm sure this is boring to read!  But I am enjoying myself.  I'll take some pictures as I finish up tomorrow.

I am very excited about our next cruise, even if it isn't until September.  Melody, I look forward to hearing all about your cruise.  

I think we all have things to look forward to! 

• Like 1